HS & Infiltrator's Arrow = for Movement?

in Thief

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Q:

With heartseeker now unaffected by movement increases are the skills now equal for mobility on flat land?

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Thief

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I think so, but I’d have to actually test it. Not sure if someone has done that before or not, but they seem about equal from my casual observations.

in Thief

Posted by: wolfer.7945

wolfer.7945

they are the same.

in Thief

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Though keep in mind that infiltrator’s arrow is still a blink, so I wouldn’t be too gung-ho about scrapping your shortbows just yet.

in Thief

Posted by: friggarn.5360

friggarn.5360

Though keep in mind that infiltrator’s arrow is still a blink, so I wouldn’t be too gung-ho about scrapping your shortbows just yet.

I don’t think they would – in fact shortbows were buffed by the HS nerf.

in Thief

Posted by: SuinegTsol.1729

SuinegTsol.1729

on flat land you move exact the same distance using same amout of initiative.
but shortbow often fails to invalit path for no reason, so i’d prefer hs for mindless movement
on the other hand hs may get you infight more often

in Thief

Posted by: Kury.8210

Kury.8210

Out of pvp I always prefer shadowshot and steal for movement. Course it only works with a decent amount of mobs and takes a bit more concentration than HS. Shortbow is a pain to use sometimes because I usually target a bit too far first.

in Thief

Posted by: EazyPanda.6419

EazyPanda.6419

I kinda dislike the changes to leaps. I like that we have HS as a better escape skill, but swiftness also does not affect the leap distance with the changes.

As of now, HS is the best movement skill for a thief, as long as you have a point in Acrobatics (swiftness on dodging), you can dodge, gain swiftness and have extra distance in your leaps. I can keep up with traited warriors running Fiery Greatsword easily even without running Signet of Shadows.
This also means that as of now, HS is better then infiltrator’s arrow if you are running on flat ground. (As long as you de-target when trying to run away)

Infiltrator’s Arrow is amazing for blinking up ledges and out of combat tho. Since being in combat reduces your speed, which in turn reduces your HS range.

After the changes, i’ll still prefer HS. Infiltrator’s arrow eats up too much initiative, and you’ll be a dead thief if you have less than 6 initiative in a fight. I’d wait and HS every 3 seconds instead.

Anet logic:
where bashing people over the head with a stick deals more damage than a stab to the heart.
-My D.A. = http://eazypanda.deviantart.com/

(edited by EazyPanda.6419)

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Leaping the full distance while crippled is 10,000x better than leaping some extra unit while under swiftness.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

Leaping the full distance while crippled is 10,000x better than leaping some extra unit while under swiftness.

I disagree… HS without swiftness feels horrible =/

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I disagree… HS without swiftness feels horrible =/

True, but it is a trade off I’m willing to accept.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Evalia.7103

Evalia.7103

IA will definitely be better.
Although the distance is probably going to be the same (450×2/900), IA has a shorter animation than 2xHS so you get to run normally as well, making the distance greater.
Even right now IA is better in all combat situations and in a great deal of normal mobility situations(HS sucks in combat and IA can actually allow you to cut the cliffs), only being a teensy bit behind on flat surface.