Hard To Catch

Hard To Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

Personally I would love to see this trait changed to “Steal is now a ground targeted skill”.

How would this work?

If you hit nothing you get a special “stolen” skill that grants something minor. Lets say 5-10 seconds of swiftness?

You hit someone in a group of people? Get the skill of a random player or the one you target.

Make the radius about the same if not smaller of infiltrators arrow.

Traits like Mug and Bountiful thief would be AoE as well. Keep in mind that the radius of the steal would be minor. Heck cap the AoE to 2-3 players even.

I feel like most if not all of us can agree that this trait is not worthy of “grandmaster”. Hell I don’t know anyone who would actually drop 30 points into acrobatics and not just take Quick Pockets. This change would support Short Bow thieves and P/P thieves by giving them MEANINGFUL usage of the whole steal mechanic. I mean how many unload thieves want to be right next to their target for anything but a finish in WvW/sPvP?

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

Hard To Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

I actually run 30 in acrobatics and not take quick pockets.. then again, I don’t take hard to catch either.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

Hard To Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

so basically you want an extra shadowstep that also grants a steal ability?

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

Hard To Catch

in Thief

Posted by: bloodymarx.9052

bloodymarx.9052

I often run 30 in acrobatics, and I don’t take any of the GM traits either. In my opinion, the other traits are more than good enough that it’s worth putting 30 points in just to take three of them. However, the ones unlocked at that tier (Quick Pockets, Hard to Catch) aren’t that grand.

More on topic: I’d rather that Hard to Catch be made into something that makes you, well, hard to catch. (As opposed to the current trait that sometimes ports you into the middle of an enemy zerg.) For example, a Mist Form-like transformation if you drop to 25% health. Just call it shadow form or something.

Hard To Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Incoming immobilize, chill, and cripple durations are reduced by 33%. Blind enemies around you for 3 seconds when you are affected by one of these conditions (blind can only be applied once every 10 seconds).

There it is :>

Hard To Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Professor Sensei.2941

Professor Sensei.2941

Incoming immobilize, chill, and cripple durations are reduced by 33%. Blind enemies around you for 3 seconds when you are affected by one of these conditions (blind can only be applied once every 10 seconds).

There it is :>

I like this too. Both would be interesting to say the least

Professor Sensei – Thief
Everything Purple

Hard To Catch

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

I actually run 30 in acrobatics and not take quick pockets.. then again, I don’t take hard to catch either.

Yup. Both of them aren’t anything special.
Now if hard to catch was even 1s of stability, I’d get some use out of it.

The great forum duppy.

Hard To Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Asomal.6453

Asomal.6453

Hard to Catch is pretty neat against heavy CC users, like Skullcrack warriors. But the fact that it’s a GM trait, make it hard to allocate it in any competitive build. Still a good trait for alternative/for fun builds…

Hard To Catch

in Thief

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

I really like Hard to Catch both on visible builds and stealth heavy D/P. It is completely disorienting to most CC classes because not only is it a stunbreaker, its instant and a teleport. Then you can dive right back into the fight with their opening CC on CD. I think it’s worthy of being a grandmaster trait but the ICD could be lowered a bit.

Lavra’s suggestion is nice, but I think it would be OP especially in the acrobatics traitline where you can already get a ton of evades and mobility

Ranger//Necro

Hard To Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I run 20 in acrobatics on my condition build and would hate if they took away my caltrops on dodge. How else will I still be effective while in stealth?

Hard To Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Actually, i would never take this trait. Those red circles are giving your position to anyone nearby after all.

Hard To Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Anelyn.4593

Anelyn.4593

As long as Trickery is the line buffing and focusing on Steal, I don’t see why a different tree would give benefits to Steal.

GT Steal? No thanks. Peeps don’t stay put in a place, Steal is by far the best gap closer and applies – if you spec for it – daze, poison, steals boons, procs Basilik etc.

Plus what if there are 3 peeps in the place you want to steal, and you NEED that necro fear, but due to rng you get the useless thief stealth?

Steal is more than fine as it is – especially backed up by trickery.

Hard To Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Actually, i would never take this trait. Those red circles are giving your position to anyone nearby after all.

By the time they see your circles you’re already a 500 unit distance away. The circles aren’t directional either, so they don’t have a clue where you really are. Only where you’ve been.

Hard To Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Resouled.5614

Resouled.5614

I’d like to see it doing an AoE blind whenever you teleport.

[vE] Visceral Effect – Blue

Hard To Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Azraelle.1683

Azraelle.1683

No, it should be automatic stunbreaker with icd of 30 seconds.

Thief/Guardian. Desolation [EU]