Hard to Catch

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Actually did some small testing with this trait now, because hey why not?
and i found that you does not port you straight back like you would think, it ports you in any random direction within 600 radius

That also includes right where you were, awesome right

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Very awesome. Ty men.

All is vain.

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

and also can random port you inside a zerg

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

It’s as cool as the Subtitution Jutsu, but since Thieves aren’t ninjas, they randomly teleport instead of hiding behind a rock or top of a tree.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Kinda find it weird it doesn’t break stun, but you know we can’t everything >_>

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

It also ports you while you have stability on. It’s basically a lazy implimentation of a stun break. They should scrap it, combine it and Fleet of Foot, and create a whole new trait which removes one condition on dodge. We have enough blinds to avoid CC.

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I actually gave it a try in Spvp when I was testing the ‘new’ pistol whip. I figured mayeb it could serve some use on a Sword build. But after a while all it did was confuse and annoy me with it’s randomness and I removed it. God awful trait. At least it isn’t forced on us like LAST REFUGEPLZDELETETHISTRAIT though. These 2 traits really need totally 100% scrapped.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: MrAmputatoes.6031

MrAmputatoes.6031

This trait is terrible. Its a pseudo-stunbreak that usually puts the thief in a more dire situation. You stay CC’d and are completely disorientated by the sudden and often unexpected shadowstep in a random direction at a random distance. The trait needs to either steath and shadowstep or actually stunbreak and shadowstep. Right now, its a terrible trait and im gonna stick with Pain Response, at least I know what I’m getting and when I’m getting it.

Edit: Oh yeah, and it also has the tendency to shadowstep you INTO terrain where you can’t move at all… LOL. TRASH TRAIT!

2nd Edit: A 1.5 second stun turns into a 4 second OMG wtf just happened? Where am I? Crap…. In case you didn’t notice, I hate this trait…

(edited by MrAmputatoes.6031)

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Doggie.3184

This trait is terrible. Its a pseudo-stunbreak that usually puts the thief in a more dire situation. You stay CC’d and are completely disorientated by the sudden and often unexpected shadowstep in a random direction at a random distance. The trait needs to either steath and shadowstep or actually stunbreak and shadowstep. Right now, its a terrible trait and im gonna stick with Pain Response, at least I know what I’m getting and when I’m getting it.

Edit: Oh yeah, and it also has the tendency to shadowstep you INTO terrain where you can’t move at all… LOL. TRASH TRAIT!

Eh, forget the Shadow Step all together. if my character is going to move someplace I’d want it to be of my own doing. It’d be better off if it didn’t move us at all and just removed stun and made us immune to cc for a few seconds or blinded target (regardless of their range from you).

This is basically going with what I said about just scrapping it though and making something different. XD

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: TeamBattleAxe.3901

TeamBattleAxe.3901

I’m actually kind of digging it. For serious. It’s got a weird learning curve, but I’ve gotten some good use out of it so far.

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Can also port you into a wall or stone locking you inside!! you gotta love it!!

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

This ninja trait could actually transfer the CC to your enemy while giving you stability and swiftness for 10 secs with a 60 sec CD

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Just make it evade the first CC that you don’t dodge. Problem solved.

As it is, having stability and reflection up from dagger storm and STILL being teleported into a wall when hit with a magic bullet cannot be in any way considered helpful xD

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Sneek.6504

Sneek.6504

So let’s recap:

- It will teleport you randomly within 600 radius, including the spot you started from
- It won’t break the stun/launch/daze/knockback/herp/sink/float
- It will teleport you whether or not you hurr stability
- It is the one of the two thief traits that can actually kitten you instead of helping. You may end up in an enemy zerg or stuck inside a structure. At least we don’t have to pick it.
- 35% chance to hurr when you durr
- flippedy floo
- herpdurr my uncles dolyak

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

They realize they did name it "Hard to Catch", yes?

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Doggie.3184

So let’s recap:

- It will teleport you randomly within 600 radius, including the spot you started from
- It is the one of the two thief traits that can actually kitten you instead of helping. You may end up in an enemy zerg or stuck inside a structure. At least we don’t have to pick it.
- flippedy floo

Yes, it’s a very herpdurr hurrdurr mcderp trait.

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: FeelsAlright.5860

FeelsAlright.5860

So let’s recap:

- flippedy floo

I really don’t understand why it doesn’t break stun and ignores stability. The trait is completely god awful. It needs to at least break the stun, give stealth and pay attention to stability.

Vipassana

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

Is this the worst trait in the game? Because there are many bad ones that wouldn’t make it into any build….EVER!!!!!

It’s taken a long time for me to realize that this trait system is not something I would have done. Essentially, many of the traits just resemble the double action of skills in the first game, eg; if such and such happens, this happens.

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

I tried to use this to help vs all the HamBow Warriors who stun lock until dead.

At best it bought me a few seconds
At worst it put me in danger

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: DarkHelmet.6951

DarkHelmet.6951

I don’t understand all the hate, I mean a group was chasing me and I used refuge, thank god I had this trait because when their HS warrior stunned me in the refuge it ported me out of my refuge so they could kill me.

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Viking Jorun.5413

I don’t understand all the hate, I mean a group was chasing me and I used refuge, thank god I had this trait because when their HS warrior stunned me in the refuge it ported me out of my refuge so they could kill me.

It ported you out of your refuge and gave you revealed in doing so. I think you just answered your own question.

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

It ported you out of your refuge and gave you revealed in doing so. I think you just answered your own question.

He didn’t ask a question. You might want to check the batteries in your sarcasm detector.

Hard to Catch

in Thief

DarkHelmet.6951

My point is on whether they actually play test these changes, I don’t know how other players feel but I feel like the changes were rushed and inconsistent. I’m currently in the process of testing an Apoth/Venom build and it still seems pretty meh especially if you use Skelk and your attacks are blocked/evaded/blinded which on P/D or S/P (PW) your attacks will burn through the applications quickly rendering over half of your heal ineffective. In a group setting Skelk is ok but only in a 30/0/30 build and even then it can be outclassed by other classes with a lower cooldown.

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Viking Jorun.5413

He didn’t ask a question. You might want to check the batteries in your sarcasm detector.

He was wondering about all of the hate. That was his question (to himself. It wasn’t explicit.)

Hard to Catch

in Thief

DarkHelmet.6951

The intent was sarcasm as was mentioned by Interceptor.

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Viking Jorun.5413

The intent was sarcasm as was mentioned by Interceptor.

*over my head*

.-.

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

ya this was a very sarcastic forum … because we all know hard to catch is the worst trait ever lol

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

There is fun random, and frustrating random. This is frustrating random. Fun random is “does a totally reliable lowish power thing and you also get a random boon”

or

“does x with x% chance on crit”

Neither of these things has a potentially BAD effect for the player.

Traits like hard to catch and last refuge can be actively detrimental to your defenses, with the activation of the effects tied to outside influences and should be redesigned.

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Kyrion.2749

Kyrion.2749

If enough people complains, Anet will nerf thief sarcasm too… Maybe adding casting time to it or increasing its cooldown.

And regarding subject…. Useless feat. Not only ports you in a short-range random direction (with a pretty good chance of doing nothing/worsening things). It is also automatic, which means that it will often proc when you’d wish to endure the effect (like a 1/2 sec daze), thus being unavailable when you truly need it later.

Also, in dungeons it has a funny tendency to port you into lethal AoEs. Suicide feat when you need precise positioning against a boss with CC.

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Enenion.8127

Enenion.8127

This trait is so bad it actually buffs your enemy’s downed skills. If you’re fighting a Ranger, Necro, Engineer, or Warrior and they land their downed skill you will not only be disabled, but also moves you further away, delaying the stomp even more. It also makes their interrupt go through stability, where it wouldn’t have before. And this used to be a Grandmaster trait a few days ago.

[Help],
Fort Aspenwood

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

And this used to be a Grandmaster trait a few days ago.

Cuz if you could use it and still rock out, you truly were Teh’ Grandmaster of Thiefyness.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Posted by: Aeden.5896

Aeden.5896

Assassin’s Reward should have stayed in master and Hard to Catch buried in grandmaster. I would take buffed AR over nerfed Quick Recovery and probably Pain Response. The new AR still isn’t that good but HtoC is one of, if not the, worst trait in the game.

Most garbage traits people complain about are bad because they’re useless. HtoC is worse than useless as it will unequivocally screw you over.

Hard to Catch

in Thief

Doggie.3184

Assassin’s Reward should have stayed in master and Hard to Catch buried in the trash.

Fixed.