Harley Quinn - D/P 2/6/0/0/6 Roaming Video

in Thief

Posted by: panicbutton.1053

panicbutton.1053

I put together an entertaining montage with fun and epic fights I’ve had over the past month. Bringing you more footage of some great players, and new music There is also a small PSA at the very end that is very good to know versus warriors!

Please let me know what you think! <3

Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2arjm2/thief_video_harley_quinn_dp_26006_roaming_extra/

http://youtu.be/ZI4IMCuGyY0

Hàrlèy Quínn – Power S/D / D/P – Northern Shiverpeaks

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQPIPT2aTjJOBRcAWmlhUkw

(edited by panicbutton.1053)

in Thief

Posted by: AlCojester.4316

AlCojester.4316

Wow. You sure know how to make your fights look epic…
That was really fun to watch! Loved the intro

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

It’s like the cutest thief. The duelist makes it look like she’s wearing oncey pajamas( minus the revealing part) and she has that little back pack and hat. Every time I watch panic’s vid’s I watch it usually just to see their thief :P

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: ngdani.9482

ngdani.9482

Hey buddy, congrats on your incin!!
Awesome video as always haha, gettin better by the day

in Thief

Posted by: azerte.4365

azerte.4365

Dissapointed Harley, i’m still not in your video where are our duels
No credit to your teacher eh :p

On the serious note, amazing video, glad you enjoy the build, try to use shortbow more though.

Schäde – Lolzie
Trillmatic |tM| / Angelic Synergy |Holy|

(edited by azerte.4365)

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

Good Job!! and u can also do pre-cast backstab+ steal does really high burst damage + even if the foe has protection,stability it will all be remove before your backstab hit due to bountiful theft and will guarantee high critical hit chance (fury,might,swiftness on steal)
like this gameplay but different build 6/6/0/0/2 ’Revealed Training"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBjdMg7jztA

in Thief

panicbutton.1053

@AlCojester, thank you! I’m glad you enjoyed it. It was fun to make

@Red, if anet implemented pajama skins, I promise I would be the first to get them xD And if it counts for anything, I recently undercut a super pistol skin to add some pew pew to my cuteness :}

in Thief

panicbutton.1053

@Jip, thanks a ton! Felt like it took ages to get. Much appreciated

@Lolzie, I’m telling you… You’ll make me look bad You did convince me of going D/P though, so thanks sensai ;D Teach me all your ways!

@Coloxeus, thanks for the compliment, and the tip :] 6/6/0/0/2 is a beastly build as well!

in Thief

Posted by: Ritt.3069

Ritt.3069

Nice going mate, it’s great to see some D/P thieves have adapted the trickery style of play instead of the regular SA gimmick. Some great plays, some small mistakes, but mostly just great plays. Props to you for standing out with a demanding spec.

After the ferocity change, a lot of people have played 6/2/0/0/6, swapping the extra dps from Executioner to a long immobilize via Panic Strike. Might be worth testing out as well. It’s probably slightly better for duels respectively, although I think Executioner performs better in 1vX. To each their preferences I guess. c:

Ever tried black powder + pre-cast Heart Seeker + Steal/Infiltrator’s Signet + Backstab? Pretty much instant huge damage spike if timed right, and some people may not expect it since you can land your burst from a range lol.

+1 for greatness.

William Van Dine/Aria Entreri/Weaver of the Dream
Thousand Lakes Alliance [TLA], Desolation
4 Champion titles, solo/duoq Legend, best old LB rank 64.

(edited by Ritt.3069)

in Thief

Posted by: Seth.3927

Seth.3927

Well, in my noobish opinion there’re defently lots of stuff to think about, thanks.

in Thief

Posted by: Nickeloneon.8714

Nickeloneon.8714

Amazing! I love your videos! You have style my friend…. Lots of style.
(Dat evisc evade at 2:36… Sexy…)

And lol at the false sense of security SR gives thieves XD.

Nycke / Best warrior evar ~ 11111111111111111-5-F1… I win!!

(edited by Nickeloneon.8714)

in Thief

panicbutton.1053

@atse, Thanks! Recently took my training wheels off for WvW, thought it would be tough with all the condi users in wvw. Turns out to be easier than I thought :]

@Ritt, Much appreciated! There are a handful of mistakes in the video, some of which make me cringe.. But its always funny looking back at gameplay non the less. Also iv tried the panic strike build! Its pretty nasty IMO! Along with the burst combo you mentioned that can be a little complex to land xD I’ve always found it very useful to pace your steals and not necessarily opening up with one. You know this of course, but the timing of daze can turn a battle.

in Thief

panicbutton.1053

Thanks Nycke! If were talking style, let’s talk about your warrior which reminds me we should get back to dueling more haha!

Let’s all take a moment to thank the Dev gods that evis has a max target of 1 xD

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i like
i also play in raid 2,6,0,0,6 build but more hs one than bp
i didnt see you dueling condition spec so how do you manage against condi necro/engi/thief etc as they are my biggest problem

in Thief

panicbutton.1053

Most of the condi users I’ve run into recently seemed very new to the game, thus no good footage :/ There is a condi engineer in the video however even he could have been better. You might notice that I try my best to stay out of any red circles, unless I’m ready to burst.

I would say the same tactics in PvP apply for the condi users in WvW. First and foremost it’s important to get the jump, and then to keep them blind as best as possible. Typically the Balisk opener -> SS + backstab -> AA rotation -> Steal, is enough to make a necro go into shroud. Just keep applying pressure, blind, and fear from there and they pop. For good Engi’s I tend to shortbow a lot to negate conditions. The most luck I’ve had is peeling their life away with shortbow as much as I can, and then unexpectedly switching to D/P for a massive burst when they get comfortable with how defensive I’m being. The same tactic applies for meditation guards.

I have a very strict rotation when it comes to P/D thieves. The goal is to deny every single CnD, and only engage when they’re blind. I normally shadow shot in, and burst as much as I can within seconds, then dodge roll away creating a gap. This prevents them from using CnD or Shadow Strike, leaving them with pistol 1, or to Steal + CnD if they wanted too(so you can prepare to dodge this again). From here its just rinse and repeat… Shadow shot in, burst, then dodge away while theyre blind. Most thieves make the mistake of engaging a p/d thief face first, and tanking their Shadow Strikes + CnD. Once they jump into SR, its game over for them xD If you can make them react defensively then I think you’ll be dripping in gold.

Maybe for my next video I should put together a video versus conditions only? That might be fun :]

in Thief

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

thanks and pls do as for now i can fight them for 1-2min but boom doing one mistake with no endurance or no ini and getting dead
so maybe i try to focus on longer fights and small bite on their health bar

in Thief

Posted by: Hurtappl.6405

Hurtappl.6405

Your really good!
I wish we were friends!
Wish we roamed together!
Loved your video!
STILL hate watching d/p gameplay tho

in Thief

panicbutton.1053

@messiah, Absolutely! I think it will always be a big problem with any build heavily basing their damage on conditions. I was just helping out a friend yesterday with some tips. The TL;DR version is only engage when they’re blind Any fights versus condition foes won’t be fast since they are typically very defensive. You just have to peel away at their hp!

@Hurtappl, Thank you Feel free to message me in game whenever you want!

in Thief

Posted by: XPGAMER.7324

XPGAMER.7324

Do you think that taking the points out of deadly arts and putting them into SA for condi clear would be beneficial?

Gains:
Condiclear
Blast finisher (Stand in black powder when low)
Additional toughness

Losses:
Poison on steal
Heal + dmg on steal
Power

in Thief

Posted by: Amonatory.2453

Amonatory.2453

Do you think that taking the points out of deadly arts and putting them into SA for condi clear would be beneficial?

Gains:
Condiclear
Blast finisher (Stand in black powder when low)
Additional toughness

Losses:
Poison on steal
Heal + dmg on steal
Power

It is totally not worth it, Mug is one of my favorite traits because its soooooo good.

in Thief

panicbutton.1053

@XPGAMER, I’ve considered it and even run it some times. It’s definitely nice to have some sort of conditional cleanse but it’s going to boil down to personal preference and play style. It’s worth a shot if you’re interested though!

2/6/0/0/6 for me entails bringing down a target as fast as possible. If you have to deal with conditions, then you’re blind and dodges should be enough. On top of that you have a heal, and shadowstep to help mitigate conditions(just like other classes that have one time cleanse skills). Mug may not seem significant but it plays a good roll — increasing the delta between your health and the enemies health in a split second. This is a pretty good psychological trick that can be played on your enemy when you’re spiking large amounts of damage, while taking damage