Hastened replenishment. Let's improvise.

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAsYVl0MpyplOxwJ0PNhPhsZgEe3c5xOn1D-TpBFwAOOBAWLDE5IAs4QA0a/BAPAAA
My goal for this forum is to introduce rare builds out there that has the potential to be meta builds so any builds are welcome. I’m tired of being limited to a few choices in metas, I know that there’s a reason they are metas but lets see what we can do with other traits being available for the thief. Builds that suit and rhyme with the player. Be creative show some few builds and help each other by giving suggestions and criticism. The build I’m showing is just a build I’m being used to don’t copy it, it’s just an experiment.

(edited by Nephrite.6954)

in Thief

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

Well, don´t forget to put that one point left into acrobatic or deadly arts for the poison.
Why soldier amulet? you want to hold points? ^^

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

in Thief

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAoYVl0Mp0pFOx5J0PRRLBtV05aIe/m2kGNvQAA-TZBFwAG3fo9ZAYxhAAaZAAPAAA

Join the celestial spam fest before it gets nerfd.
“bunker” a point and enjoy spaming bleeds, cripple, weakness, and poison while covering it with needles.
Never go stealth unless you want to clear 1 condition or get a backstab, and even then never ever stay in stealth for more than 1/2 sec.

disclaimer: build might be kitten.

see no evil ,until i stab you

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

The games been around for over two years now you think people haven’t experimented with other builds?

Hastened Replenishment is trash because the Thief does not benefit from switching weapons often like an Ele/Engi/Warr

The initiative system gimps our weapon swap because we do not get access to 5 new skills on weapon swap if you blew all your initiative on the previous weapon set – Thief swaps weapons for utility or range not necessarily due to cooldowns

in Thief

Posted by: foste.3098

foste.3098

Yes people have experimented with other builds, but that does not mean that there are no setups that have become (more) viable over time with updates.

Also apparently you have not experimented with builds much since you confuse Hastened Replenishment with Quick Pockets

Also the trait you say is trash was in a meta build some 17 months ago in spvp where you would use two s/d sets with sigils of energy and weapon swap every 10 sec to the same weapons to gain 3 ini and 50% endurance (this was jumper’s build and this was back when Larcenous Strike stole 2 boons)

see no evil ,until i stab you

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

Yes people have experimented with other builds, but that does not mean that there are no setups that have become (more) viable over time with updates.

Also apparently you have not experimented with builds much since you confuse Hastened Replenishment with Quick Pockets

Also the trait you say is trash was in a meta build some 17 months ago in spvp where you would use two s/d sets with sigils of energy and weapon swap every 10 sec to the same weapons to gain 3 ini and 50% endurance (this was jumper’s build and this was back when Larcenous Strike stole 2 boons)

Sorry I confused the two horrible Acrobatics traits that no one uses – even the new one is complete trash as well so that is three useless grandmasters!

Yeah it was “meta” 17!!!!! months ago – at that time Sword #2 was instant and had unlimited range making it a “pseudo stun breaker” thus justifying double S/D which no one would do these days especially in this meta where S/D can not jump into a mid fight and escape with no consequences the AoE and condition spam of today is insane – Keep in mind Lyssa runes were a big part of this build which was also nerfed

A lot has changed since then but one thing has not changed and that is the inferiority of acrobatics grand master traits

Trickery is so much better it’s not even close

If it wasn’t for feline grace no one would even use acro

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Sorry I confused the two horrible Acrobatics traits that no one uses – even the new one is complete trash as well so that is three useless grandmasters!

Yeah it was “meta” 17!!!!! months ago – at that time Sword #2 was instant and had unlimited range making it a “pseudo stun breaker” thus justifying double S/D which no one would do these days especially in this meta where S/D can not jump into a mid fight and escape with no consequences the AoE and condition spam of today is insane – Keep in mind Lyssa runes were a big part of this build which was also nerfed

A lot has changed since then but one thing has not changed and that is the inferiority of acrobatics grand master traits

Trickery is so much better it’s not even close

If it wasn’t for feline grace no one would even use acro

Hastened replenishment is in trickery. Did you actually look at the build?

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Thief

Nephrite.6954

Well, don´t forget to put that one point left into acrobatic or deadly arts for the poison.
Why soldier amulet? you want to hold points? ^^

Wanted to avoid being glassy. Plus I lack condition remove. Missing ferocity should be a problem that’s why I wanted to try and stack might. Every point is important adding 1 point to poison would be a waste cause they would cleanse it instantly cause I lack conditions. It’s all into one’s perspective mate:) I’m suppose to place the 1point in acro line for pain response XD. Forgot to

in Thief

Nephrite.6954

Thief:
Blinding Power: This skill no longer interrupts your own skills.
Dev note: We feel that removing the skill-canceling nature of this skill will improve the overall value of the skill and provide better potential for both damage and support.
Dancing Dagger: The projectile speed from this skill has been increased by 33%.
Dev note: This skill is intended to help thieves catch their enemies, which is pretty hard to do if the daggers are slow.
Needle Trap: The bleed duration of this skill has been increased from 3 seconds to 10 seconds.
Dev note: As a condition-based trap, we felt that the damage portion was underperforming by quite a bit and could use some help in that area.
Shadow Pursuit: The duration of might granted from this skill has been increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
Dev note: This trap is quite difficult to use and can be disorienting when activated. As such, we wanted to further reward thieves for using this skill.

With the buff to invigorating percision it might be viable now. S/p might fit really well with this if you’re gonna cleave. With 1050 ferocity 8% would be 84 heal, on the other hand 15% you’ll gain 157.5 that’s some improvement in my opinion.

in Thief

Nephrite.6954

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAoYVl0Mp0pFOx5J0PRRLBtV05aIe/m2kGNvQAA-TZBFwAG3fo9ZAYxhAAaZAAPAAA

Join the celestial spam fest before it gets nerfd.
“bunker” a point and enjoy spaming bleeds, cripple, weakness, and poison while covering it with needles.
Never go stealth unless you want to clear 1 condition or get a backstab, and even then never ever stay in stealth for more than 1/2 sec.

disclaimer: build might be kitten.

Haha yeah I’ve been using this build before lol never really thought about might stacking with it tho. I’ll be sure to give this a shot. I’d take the 2 points n place it in DA for panic tho cause with all the condition I might get the target to 50low easily if they aren’t careful.

in Thief

Nephrite.6954

The games been around for over two years now you think people haven’t experimented with other builds?

Hastened Replenishment is trash because the Thief does not benefit from switching weapons often like an Ele/Engi/Warr

The initiative system gimps our weapon swap because we do not get access to 5 new skills on weapon swap if you blew all your initiative on the previous weapon set – Thief swaps weapons for utility or range not necessarily due to cooldowns

3 people have already corrected you.