Have you noticed in videos

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Have you guys every notice that in alot of montage wvw or spvp video alot of the time thief is one of the top classes that is killed the most.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: darres.8203

darres.8203

brah
thieves get no love and people love to pick on them
we already know

question is…are the devs tracking?

answer is obvious

in Thief

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

I think that’s because a lot of inexperienced players tend to gravitate towards thief for PvP and WvW because of the stealth mechanic.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

I think that’s because a lot of inexperienced players tend to gravitate towards thief for PvP and WvW because of the stealth mechanic.

i think they gravitate towards thief after hearing “THIEF OP PLZ NERF” all the time, and who doesn’t enjoy a power trip?

then they find out the true problem, and then, well, you can see that it’s not all uncommon in this subforum for people to ask for tips on how to PvP as thief.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Thief

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

It pays off to play in a way that makes you hard to keep a focus on, which makes playing a Thief that much more enjoyable, which also makes the complaints about us having ‘too’ much mobility all the more baffling.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Thief

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

Thief class sets itself up for montages for a few reasons. First is thief is a popular wvw roaming class choice. Access to stealth and the mobility that is with the class makes it attractive to players. This creates a target rich environment. Second, people who roam in wvw generally have a hatred towards thieves due to the ability to create “cheese” specs with the stealth mechanic and the strength of SA traits. Lastly, thieves in general are one of the last (one could argue the last) class where you will find players roaming on full zerker builds in wvw still. There has been a general shift to builds with tankier attributes or condi builds that utilize dire gear for a softer risk reward trade off. This means that if the thief makes a mistake it can create a good 100-0 clip for the montage, which could be a reason people put them in as well.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Lastly, thieves in general are one of the last (one could argue the last) class where you will find players roaming on full zerker builds in wvw still.

I’ve fought plenty of roamers who have been full zerk warriors and mesmers, even engineers although their zerk builds are inferior to their condi builds.

In zergs most ranged damage-dealers are often also full zerk because they can with their 1200+ range.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

in Thief

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Lastly, thieves in general are one of the last (one could argue the last) class where you will find players roaming on full zerker builds in wvw still.

I’ve fought plenty of roamers who have been full zerk warriors and mesmers, even engineers although their zerk builds are inferior to their condi builds.

Yep, you can still get away with playing zerk while roaming, although it might be best to build a tad more to soak up some damage from all the focus or to disengage when necessary.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

Someone else on the forums (I can’t remember who) was talking a while ago that you don’t tend to see merely ‘good’ thieves, you either see people who are fairly new to the class and make fairly simple mistakes or veterans who steal your face and use it as a mask. That, plus thief being the go to roaming class and their being squishy enough for a quick kill, probably influences the number of thieves in these videos.

Also, if the video was made by a thief it likely has a lot of thief kills in it. Thieves tend to have egos, I killed a thief on my ranger last night and he hunted me for hours after that ^^

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Thief

Posted by: Actiondan.8146

Actiondan.8146

Montages are great for entertainment and quick fights make for good entertainment.
Because of this; I would assume that a lot of player montages show a higher amount of thief fights because the majority of the thieves roaming out in wvw are built like glass.

^Absolutely pure assumption with no science behind it what-so-ever

snip

Also, if the video was made by a thief it likely has a lot of thief kills in it. Thieves tend to have egos, I killed a thief on my ranger last night and he hunted me for hours after that ^^

Can confirm.
I am an egotistical thief that will consistently hunt someone if they make me mad.

http://www.twitch.tv/actiondantv
Dragonbrand – NA
Thief | Warrior | Necromancer | Ranger | Guardian

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Montages are great for entertainment and quick fights make for good entertainment.
Because of this; I would assume that a lot of player montages show a higher amount of thief fights because the majority of the thieves roaming out in wvw are built like glass.

^Absolutely pure assumption with no science behind it what-so-ever

snip

Can confirm.
I am an egotistical thief that will consistently hunt someone if they make me mad.

One could argue whether this is a result of playing thief or if the class attracts certain type of people.

I often hunt down those that killed me earlier, to make them pay for testing their weapons on me so inappropriately that I died. It works just like tunnel vision and can end up with same results – I want that guy dead so badly, I kamikaze and die again :/

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Is Sean Bean a thief?

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

Is Sean Bean a thief?

he was a spy at one point. close enough.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

in Thief

Posted by: ShakeyStorm.7180

ShakeyStorm.7180

Thieves getting killed in WvW need to L2P

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Usually when I see montages all I see are people getting killed by one person. Most of the time the ones who get killed just mash 1 or are upleveled. Do you ever wonder how many times the poster get killed inbetween kills?

Thieves getting killed in WvW need to L2P

Shakey, if thieves make you so mad you have to come here and post flamebait why don’t you just play one? Because if they are that powerful then you should have no problem wrecking face in PvP on one. (edited for sense)

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

(edited by yolo swaggins.2570)

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

This. In the few videos I’ve made, most of the fights are against thieves (or against Shatter Mesmers) as they are quicker to kill.

Most people get bored quickly, and if they see a fight lasting more than 1 minute where the players keep doings “the same things”, there’s a high chance that they will stop watching the video.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Thief

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

I think you’ll find the staple ‘go to’ class to kill in WvW videos are rangers.

I cry when I see someone showing themselves killing some bearbow rangers like it’s a thing. No one wants to see that.

You never see them facing good PU mesmers, or condi engineers.

In this game, you should never win 1v2 if your opponents are of equal skill.

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

In all honesty, who WANTS to see a fight against a PU mesmer? Who even wants to fight against one?
As for condi engineers, the typical WvW thief with SA should beat them no problem.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

In all honesty, who WANTS to see a fight against a PU mesmer? Who even wants to fight against one?
As for condi engineers, the typical WvW thief with SA should beat them no problem.

I have to disagree with you there, condi engis are a problem for any thief imo. But that’s just my experience.

And yeah nobody wants to watch a fight against a PU Mesmer, its just insanely stupid and usually a very long fight.

in Thief

Posted by: phaeris.7604

phaeris.7604

All i’m saying is i disagree with the OP statement.

The thing I see most killed are buffless up-levels in WvW roam vids.

What people want to see is people fighting the harder classes/setups so as better to improve their own ways of dealing with that class.

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

All i’m saying is i disagree with the OP statement.

The thing I see most killed are buffless up-levels in WvW roam vids.

What people want to see is people fighting the harder classes/setups so as better to improve their own ways of dealing with that class.

It is much better to practice with someone who knows what they are doing rather than watching videos, at least in my eyes. Very rarely you will get some commentary from the poster, which is really the only thing that will put it into perspective. But just watching players kill the unskilled is almost as mind-numbing as the god awful music they put in their montages.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta