Heartseeker fix

Heartseeker fix

in Thief

Posted by: Satan Blaze.8237

Satan Blaze.8237

First off, this is not a nerf request xD
i am a thief and just want to enquire about something: is heartseeker working as it is?
just now i was fighting a warrior, got him to 5% hp and wanted to heartseeker him to death, but what happened is my heartseeker kept missing him, and no i was not blinded or anything and he didnt dodge, he simply walked away and i was right in front of him! -_-
my question is: is it supposed to miss just by him walking? >_>

Heartseeker fix

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

Probably server lag, or they were lagging.. He might not have been where visually his character was represented on the map. I’ve noticed this a few times in the FA/TC/SOS matchup. Sometimes there is map lag/skill lag, sometimes I will go for a backstab right behind someone and I don’t get a miss/evade/block or anything, just nothing happens because technically they aren’t actually “there”.

Had an ele vapor form when downed and they moved all erratically and when the vapor form ended they couldn’t be stomped because they weren’t where they showed on screen.

Saw a downed warrior teleport 3 times too..

Heartseeker fix

in Thief

Posted by: Rafahil.2857

Rafahil.2857

I have this happen to me a lot of times as well, I noticed it’s not lag, but rather the enemy placement vs the lunge of the Heartseeker when the enemy moves at a certain distance.

Heartseeker fix

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I’ve had it miss both to people walking just right and client side lag. Very frustrating when it’s lag.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Heartseeker fix

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

happens a lot when they play asura

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Heartseeker fix

in Thief

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

I see to posibilities why this happened:

1) Terrain bugs, on uneven terrain leap and teleport skills can miss due to pathing issues, this is especially problematic on stairs.

2) Lag issues, lag can cause “displacement” effects where yourclient and the server use different information as to where the players are, since it is neccesary that the server will overrule the client this can make yor skills miss. (This also opens ways for exploits like the “lag switch”.)