Help venoms.

Help venoms.

in Thief

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Right now full venom share thief is nice but venoms leave thief completely without condition removal utilities.

What does the community think on this?

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Help venoms.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Uh bigger issue is that venom share build has no stun breakers…. besides you can get condi removal via SA or acro

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Help venoms.

in Thief

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

I use Shadow Step in WvW since I do mostly roaming and am by myself, and that can clear condis. Also, you can take Shadow’s Embrace in the Shadow Arts tree for some condi clear.

Do you mean that you’re running venoms for all your utilities, your heal skill, and your elite?

Tarnished Coast

Help venoms.

in Thief

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

it’s a choice, either you use a stunbreak or you go full condi load..

Help venoms.

in Thief

Posted by: YOUNGaz.5690

YOUNGaz.5690

if you’re condi, the only 2 venoms you should be taking are the poison and torment/vuln one. Leaves you room for 1 more utility which can be a stun break, or you can run agility signet for condi removal. Also acro has traited stunbreak and condi removal as well. My experience, your best bet would be SA/Acro together, and probably DA for added +dmg. Take Shadow’s Embrace for condi removal and put either withdraw as heal for immob remover or RFI.

Help venoms.

in Thief

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

I’d go mixed venom/tricks with condition removal on tricks.

If you are going for a heavy condition damage build, using calltrops isn’t a bad idea in itself. Or you want some stun break and you can take either roll for initiative or haste then. And withdraw as a heal.

As for elite, take Thieve’s Guild if solo I guess.

Help venoms.

in Thief

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I have a venom thief. Hilariously fun for roaming.

My bar looks like this:

6. Hide in Shadows HEAL
7. Shadow Refuge (swap out for movement signet when safe vice versa)
8. Poison venom
9. Torment venom
10. Bas venom

It’s all I need, good fun.

Help venoms.

in Thief

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

Idk why the thief community is against the buffing of their own class. The reason I call for venom condition removal is because of the way thief defense is currently. Without abusing stealth, there are plenty of ways to to remove conditions but these methods don’t heal very well. For example the acrobatics nerfed trait-line has condition removal and so does the trickery trait-line. Venoms, however, bring the healing to par with other classes but lack any condition removal to achieve this level of healing.
The only viable option is SA/ stealth abuse which removes large quantities of conditions and has average healing made strong by lengthening the time you are in stealth.
If there was a trait at least that allowed venom condition removal on hit, or a venom that did condition removal on hit, thief could stop playing with excessive stealth.
(This thread is one of two options I have seen) The other option would be to increase non-stealth healing in other areas.
This is a clarification. Currently, I completely support thief buffs to stealth-less sustain specifically.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game