Hidden Thief, Hidden Cooldown

in Thief

Posted by: Nomad.4301

Nomad.4301

As the title states, the Shadow Arts master trait Hidden Thief is now somehow even worse then it was before the patch due to a unlisted cool-down of ~40 seconds.

This is because HT now uses blinding powder when stealing, which is nice if not for the fact that blinding powder has a 40 second CD and whether traited or not steal has a 20-30 second CD meaning that HT will only activate on every second use of steal.

If this was intended then it really should say so on the trait tool-tip which currently implies that it has no cool-down nor does it mention anything about causing an AoE blind on steal or the extra 1 second of stealth granted by blinding powder.

Literally all it currently says is:
Hidden Thief: Stealing grants you stealth. Stealth(3s): invisible to foes.

(edited by Nomad.4301)

in Thief

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

I hope they fix it to have no cooldown rather than making it say it has one.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.

in Thief

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Honestly Blinding Powder on steal is hardly a buff to hidden thief at all. Having use of the blast finisher on steal is really niche (only blasts on steal location, so if target isn’t in a field you can benefit from, no finisher effect) on top of the fact that the blind won’t blind your target if they aren’t in general blinding powder range.

I don’t think they honestly intended this to happen. But my thoughts on why they weren’t intending to run Blinding Powder with Hidden Thief were correct, they couldn’t get it to work right with the coding aspect of it.

So much sadface, really. I cannot use my build / play style without hidden thief, and this completely destroys my play style especially in light of extreme power creep, holy crap. :/

in Thief

Posted by: Blackfish.7349

Blackfish.7349

I have tested it and I agree with you guys. The hidden trait now releases a blinding powder on use, something that was mentioned in a first trait revision but later removed. Now it seems that it is present but not working properly because it uses the internal cooldown of a BP (so you release a BP once every two steals), neither it appears in the description tooltip of the trait.

It looks like somebody left the work half done and forgot about it, it is a bug that was left on the shelf due to the patch deadline rush. Hope it gets fixed soon.

in Thief

Posted by: Sealreth.1425

Sealreth.1425

I hope they revert it to the original hidden thief, over them chaning it to blindingpoweder with cd..

reasons being:
1- Harder to play with other thiefs.. keep stealthing eachother unannounced
2- Makes it much harder to combo with (steal + C&D or not..?) xD

my few cents.

Sethy Alre [Main: Thief, 19 Characters] -
[TSP] The Shadow Phantoms – Guild master
Gunnar’s Hold

in Thief

Posted by: Jesiah.2457

Jesiah.2457

Yeah, I’m pretty much taking shadow protector until Hidden Thief is fixed which I swear sometimes doesn’t want to work, especially when applying stealth to allies.

So basically about 6 months from now I get to use Hidden Thief again, for a short while, then it will inevitably break yet again.

in Thief

Posted by: Nomad.4301

Nomad.4301

Just to note, upon looking at it some more, it appears the blinding powder used with HT is the full version with the full 40 second cool-down (my test before was using a trait that reduced deception CD’s by 20%) which means that even an un-traited steal with a full 30 second cool-down will be unable to get HT to go off more then once every minute/second steal.

Because this is the full version it also gives 4 seconds of stealth instead of the 3 stated in the tool-tip making it even more wrong. Really hope this is a bug as HT is really quite hard to use in its current state.

Updated the OP to show this.