How to beat thief condi build

in Thief

Posted by: baylock.1703

baylock.1703

so yea I mostly play mesmer and I really cant do enyfing againt condi thief with carrion set what ever I do he usealy comes out with 75% of hes health. im not bad on mesmer direct dmg thief is fightable. like I need general tips.

in Thief

Posted by: Eleir.9325

Eleir.9325

To be honest if he is using pistol/dagger you’re done. There isn’t much you can do. The only weakness he has is he can only target one person at a time. 2v1 might work.

(Lv. 80 Necromancer)Ash Grimbane [MEAN] – DarkHaven

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

To be honest if he is using pistol/dagger you’re done. There isn’t much you can do. The only weakness he has is he can only target one person at a time. 2v1 might work.

Wrong: Run a charr burst s/p mesmer with Warband Support. Also mantra of distraction. That’ll fowl him up when he goes to use CnD since you’ve got 2-3 instant dazes and a stun from the pistol. Warband Support just makes your standard 1v1 mesmer v thief fight a 6v1. Cheers!

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

i dropped bountiful theft for ricochet in wvw its amazing

in Thief

Posted by: WereDragon.6083

WereDragon.6083

The number one way to shut me down is to stop cloak and daggers. Not only does it stifle my healing and condition removal from the shadow arts tree, it severely limits my damage from sneak attacks. It’s going to be a dance, stop the CnD’s and keep the condition purged off you as much as possible.

What do we say to the god of death? Not Today….
Eleshod|80 Thief|Tarnished Coast
Malsavias|80 Necromancer| Tarnished Coast

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

The number one way to shut me down is to stop cloak and daggers. Not only does it stifle my healing and condition removal from the shadow arts tree, it severely limits my damage from sneak attacks. It’s going to be a dance, stop the CnD’s and keep the condition purged off you as much as possible.

you have the first half right. this doesnt shut down healing/condi removal/offense…..atleast not yet. this is why GOOD p/d users bring shadow refuge and blinding powder. making them use their utilities like this early is a good way of putting yourself in a winning position! once the utilities are used then put the pressure on with CCs and stuns etc and go for the kill. if a GOOD p/d user has his utilities ready…missing CnD wont matter much until after. also its really hard to counter CnD to steal combo and CnD to Infiltrators signet combo. this is 2 free cloack and daggers every 20 and 30 seconds …..and blinding powder is 40 seconds…..so basically this is what happens…. Cnd —> Infil signet —> sneak attack-—>shadow strike —> pew pew —> CnD —> Steal —> Sneak attack —> Shadow strike —> pew pew —> blinding powder —> sneak attack —>

notice there is a gap pattern with the cooldowns. theres a few variations to this depending on opponent but works really well. try to anticipate somethign along those lines. hope this helps.

in Thief

Posted by: Youkay.5294

Youkay.5294

Uhm… Is this a joke? I mean… It’s very obvious…

Use any two:
null field
arcane thievery
shattered conditions

If you do not have any condition cleanse abilities, do not cry about losing to condition build…

in Thief

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Turn around and walk away. You won’t kill him, but he can’t touch you either.

Its a stale mate fight.

Mermers are very susceptible to condi in general, and its not just thief condi.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in Thief

Posted by: Youkay.5294

Youkay.5294

Seriously… Mesmers are well able to deal with condi build thieves. I tested this with a friend of mine.

In our first duel I (playing a condi thief) clearly had the upper hand. Then my friend just replaced one of his utility skills for null field and it was the otherway around.

If any Mesmer wants to beat condi builds, they need to incorporate condi removal skills or traits into their setup. This is a no-brainer.

in Thief

Posted by: Anelyn.4593

Anelyn.4593

Do what I do, go stealth, pop 2 phantasms, make a portal to troll him so he can’t hit you, and when you pop 3rd phantasm is already GG xD

in Thief

Posted by: Rissou.7213

Rissou.7213

The high damage a mesmer can do to a thief in full carrion is ridicilous, you can blow him up in a few seconds.

Most mesmers suck so badly, that i underestimated this guy, I steal + CnD + sneak attack, then he took off 50% of my hp(which is 22k) in a second and i have to use the stunbreaker, then i stealth and heal up, sneak attack and he takes away 50% of my hp again and now my stunbreaker is on cooldown and im dead, that took 10 seconds.

Thief.

in Thief

Anelyn.4593

Well pmuch my p.berserker can 1 shot full zerker thieves with a single spin, as I run a full zerk setup xD

in Thief

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

Do what I do, go stealth, pop 2 phantasms, make a portal to troll him so he can’t hit you, and when you pop 3rd phantasm is already GG xD

so all a decent thief will do is CnD chain the phantasms until dead.

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in Thief

Anelyn.4593

Can’t do that when dazed

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

so yea I mostly play mesmer and I really cant do enyfing againt condi thief with carrion set what ever I do he usealy comes out with 75% of hes health. im not bad on mesmer direct dmg thief is fightable. like I need general tips.

you can’t unless the nerfbat hits again ! (evil laugh)

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Short version, easiest way is to focus your build around dealing with condi-thief. Otherwise, try to foul up C&D.

It’s a bad matchup for most mesmers. Rock scissor paper, all that kinda thing. I’ve had a few surprise me, in a good bad way, but not often at all. Once the thief gets control of the fight, it’s only a matter of time.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Thief

Anelyn.4593

^^

For the sake of lols let me add this: Once the necro gets a fear off, it’s only a matter of … WHAT? You’re a walking dead already haha xD

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Necro is sorta the same way for me. If I can get in tight and start dictating the fight, I’m good to go. If he can dig into me or get a good set of fears in, keep me at a distance, it can go wahooni shaped fast.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast

in Thief

Posted by: Doomdesire.9365

Doomdesire.9365

Run a phantasmal build. GS S/P. Duelist + Magic Bullet, switch to GS + GS phantasmal. If he tries to CnD off you, dodge it. Save your dodges for his CnD. If he tries to CnD off clones, shatter them (I like daze over confusion). If he stealths using a 3s stealthing skill, wait a second or two, use decoy and stay the entire duration in stealth. When he gets low finish him off using MOA.

Phantasmal builds are nasty against P/D thieves.