How to use D/p (wvw)

How to use D/p (wvw)

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

Hey guys I would like to try out d/p but all I have seen is thief’s do in wvw spam #5 #2 – zzz, is that all that is used in wvw ? i mainly roam with guildys flipping camps, defending towers if we can and well just fighting people who me meet on our travels.

I have been playing d/p in pve just to see how useful the skills are and they seem to be a lot more useful then say skills #3 and #4 on d/d set up. is there any good videos of thief’s in wvw using d/p that doesn’t permanently rely on #5 #2 spam please so I can watch and observe please?

this is my current build, please tell me if this isn’t suited for d/p

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fZAQNAsaVl0MpzpdPx0J8PNhPBtdAedD4NEdovaA-T1TBABlqSAN7PUnmAKVhIiDBwAnAgrUucjaAYpkCFtA4pDYRlgLcEAyRVFAeAAkCgJlRA-w

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

(edited by Fat Disgrace.4275)

How to use D/p (wvw)

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

“Hey guys I would like to try out d/p but all I have seen is thief’s do in wvw spam #5 #2 – zzz, is that all that is used in wvw ? i mainly roam with guildys flipping camps, defending towers if we can and well just fighting people who me meet on our travels.
I have been playing d/p in pve just to see how useful the skills are and they seem to be a lot more useful then say skills #3 and #4 on d/d set up. is there any good videos of thief’s in wvw using d/p that doesn’t permanently rely on #5 #2 spam please so I can watch and observe please?”

Hey man!

You do have some more utilities in D/P then D/D, that’s for sure. IMO D/P is more suited for solo roaming, (even tho I use D/D for that as well), and D/D would shine more in a small group you run with. Then you can Cloak and Dagger from more targets, and you have better burst.

But what D/P offers is, like you say, more then D/D #3 and #4 skill does. You can interrupt with #4, it’s nice to shut down obvious healing animations your enemy does etc. And you provide blinds for your group through #3 and #5.

Depends on what kind of professions you run with, but I recommend running with a shortbow as your second weaponset, and spamming #2 on combofields (its the most spammable blast finisher in the game yo). It’s nice for stacking might to your whole group with lets say an engineer, if he drops a fire bomb. The stacks also last very long, and you can easily get 20 stacks lasting quite a bit.

Anyway, here I go typing all kind of random stuff you didn’t even ask about.

As for watching a skilled player, I know mostly some good D/D roamers, but if you just search at youtube I imagine you will find what you are looking for, or others on this forum will answer your question soon I guess.

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

How to use D/p (wvw)

in Thief

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

It is mainly #5 and #2, while #3 is also a nice gap closer and blinds.
Last night I saw a d/p vs d/d duel and d/p is much more efficient, trying to pull off cloak and daggers takes practice as there isn’t easy access to stealth unless you use other utilities so that you can land a backstab.

I’ve got to mention that the d/p user was quite new to playing a thief!

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)