I Give Up

I Give Up

in Thief

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

Over the last six months I’ve tried four or five different builds with my Thief.

I just got done experimenting with Skelk Venom on two different builds.

I’ve spent more gold on my Thief than any other class, and I play all eight classes, three (Thief, Mesmer, Necro) at 80.

This is the worst class in the game – especially for PvP.

I tried one final build – with the new heal, and I got two shotted by a Warrior without putting the slightest dent in him.

This class is wrecked.

I mean, it’s really dead, completely useless, defunct.

Anet does not understand the Rogue archetype at all – they don’t want highly specialized gimick classes, they want steady, sustainable classes (like Warrior, Necro, Guardian) only.

I am retiring my Thief indefinitely, while I work on a real class – like Warrior and Necro.

R.I.P. Thieves

I Give Up

in Thief

Posted by: Alrik Vas.3507

Alrik Vas.3507

Apparently some people are still doing well, i don’t know. I’ve always been a little slow on my thief, so i can’t say personally. Though i also don’t play any of the builds that got “nerfed” (i use quotes, but i agree they did get smacked hard), so I’m not sure how much harder it is, other than from the complaints on these forums.

Sorry your experience was so crappy.

I Give Up

in Thief

Posted by: Vitalij.7193

Vitalij.7193

they need to do control shot, nerf backstab. then i give up as well xD

I Give Up

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

You can beat a warrior as a thief. Of course, you have to put x10 more effort than the warrior, make no mistakes while they can faceroll without many consequences, but it’s still possible.

The only “impossible” class for me is a dps guardian, who can do literally nothing and win. They can stand in black powder for the entire fight, and still destroy you. Maybe some troll condition build might work against them, but condi thief is in general weak.

Signed, level 1 alt

I Give Up

in Thief

ipan.4356

I’ve never actually played an MMO that completely ruined the Rogue archetype as thoroughly as this.

I Give Up

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Apparently some people are still doing well, i don’t know. I’ve always been a little slow on my thief, so i can’t say personally. Though i also don’t play any of the builds that got “nerfed” (i use quotes, but i agree they did get smacked hard), so I’m not sure how much harder it is, other than from the complaints on these forums.

Those are highly skilled players doing well. Put a Warrior or Guardian into those same players’ hands and they’ll completely wreck even harder than they did on Thief. It’s hard to let go of your main class you’ve been playing forever though.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

I Give Up

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

i am slowly getting to that point too
went to do soloq, faced 3 necros/2 engis…. wanted to uninstall -_-

aoe/condi spam everywhere, even shadow step can’t keep up with all the condis

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

I Give Up

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Try the new S/P meta. I’m glad it’s back on the map.

I Give Up

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Class still works fine for me. ~shrug~

I Give Up

in Thief

Posted by: Tremain.4623

Tremain.4623

Good players will do well with any class because the grand majority of the player base are horrible players. That doesn’t mean the class is fine or balanced, only that there are tons of sheep for the wolves to feed on.

I Give Up

in Thief

ipan.4356

Good players will do well with any class because the grand majority of the player base are horrible players. That doesn’t mean the class is fine or balanced, only that there are tons of sheep for the wolves to feed on.

Exactly.

I play all classes, and I’m no pro. Nowhere near esport level.

But, all else being equal, that is if my skill level with each class is approximately the same, I ought to do roughly about as well with any of them.

In truth, I’m a little bit better with some than others, but not by much – the difference resulting from my skill level is a very small contribution, that is comparing between each class I play.

But I do the worst with the Thief.

I’ve seen those videos of people owning with a Thief, and I can tell you there are two factors in play there:

1) Really good players who can eke out almost anything using almost anything.
2) They are fighting really bad players who fall for almost anything.

Give those same players another class – one that’s actually not broken, like a Warrior, Necromancer, or Guardian – and they will own even against the really good Thief players.

It’s one thing to watch an expert tear apart a bunch of noobs with the Thief – but post a video of great Thief vs. a great Warrior, Necro or Guardian, where the footing is equal, and you’ll see something much different.

Anet hates Thieves.

I Give Up

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

s/p isnt playable ….. the fix to PW isnt enough to make me play it. ill play sp if the revert IR and unroot PW. until then its a waste of init. u only get 2 hits before they move.

I Give Up

in Thief

Posted by: AshinDreidon.3861

AshinDreidon.3861

I’m doing pretty well with s/p at the moment. Venom share or tankier trickery build actually works you just need to use pistol whip effectively and not spam it. You can channel it and walk into position during the channeling time and if you practice juking with it you can land it rather well.

shadow, magus, hunter (progress: ritualist, paragon)
soloQing my way through leagues…

I Give Up

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

I saw sizer beat a 4x signet warrior in sPvP in one of those 1v1 rooms yesterday with S/D (lol) set. That was an intense fight to say the least.

But personally I switched to S/P even before the patch. It’s a lot more defensive set which is imo needed with extreme nerf of IR.

All is vain.

I Give Up

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I saw sizer beat a 4x signet warrior in sPvP in one of those 1v1 rooms yesterday with S/D (lol) set. That was an intense fight to say the least.

But personally I switched to S/P even before the patch. It’s a lot more defensive set which is imo needed with extreme nerf of IR.

I’m hesitant to switch to the new 10/30/0/0/30 rather than my old 10/0/0/30/30, simply because of the defensive nature of s/p. Feline Grace is amazing for staying alive in the midst of a group fight.

I Give Up

in Thief

Posted by: aLovedhater.4096

aLovedhater.4096

lol. someone is having trouble coping with the nerf.