I am excited for Rifle Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Gern.2978

Gern.2978

It will look cool, it will (probably) play cool, and it will fill a gap in thief abilities that we currently are in dire need of being filled (we have no ranged weapon beyond 900 range.)

I honestly think all the people asking for offhand sword and other such other melee weapons are just plain silly. Thieves are already one of the best (if not the best) melee class. We need a weapon with more ranged more than we need another melee weapon.

Hi, my name is Gern, and I’m an altoholic….

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

But great swords master race…

What happens if we don’t get a rifle?

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

i think your class specialization new weapon will be a offhand warhorn.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Thief

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

If thief is getting a rifle and it will work like a sniper (many people seem to want it) it could bring interesting gameplay to thief. To balance the sniper with a class which has so much stealth, maybe the sniper skills should give thief reveal on activation instead of hiting the enemy? Only for rifle of course.

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Because we gotta give thief something useless right?

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

Correction. It’s more like:

Because we can’t give a thief something useful.

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

EremiteAngel.9765

this is closer

in Thief

Zero Day.2594

this is closer

Because I can’t have thieves becoming even harder to deal with?

Is that even closer?

Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

EremiteAngel.9765

idk why you guys react so badly to my post. I already posted elsewhere that I am sorry for all my posts asking for thieves to be nerfed.
warhorn also has its uses like using it to call for allies to help fight or use it as a warning signal.
a thief is essentially a scout and it will be good to relay info back to his allies easily and quickly

I also posted elsewhere that I think mesmers are the real ones in need of a nerf.
I even started this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Mesmers-the-only-class-with-no-complaints/first#post5181992

so if you don’t want mesmers to overtake thieves as the top of the food chain, you might want to support me here

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

I think thieves and mesmers are practically rivals atm. But i’ve heard that everyone gets along with the [OMFG] members in [Teef] and they are willing to teach thieves about how to deal with their profession so its all good as far as I am concerned.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Posted by: Tringsh.2380

Tringsh.2380

idk why you guys react so badly to my post. I already posted elsewhere that I am sorry for all my posts asking for thieves to be nerfed.
warhorn also has its uses like using it to call for allies to help fight or use it as a warning signal.
a thief is essentially a scout and it will be good to relay info back to his allies easily and quickly

I also posted elsewhere that I think mesmers are the real ones in need of a nerf.
I even started this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Mesmers-the-only-class-with-no-complaints/first#post5181992

so if you don’t want mesmers to overtake thieves as the top of the food chain, you might want to support me here

Snipers are scouts….

in Thief

Posted by: Kury.8210

Kury.8210

I dunno. Thieves can play a scout role, but that hardly seems the flavor of the class. More just how players ended up using them. Guess the elite spec can change the flavor of a class though. Supposedly guardians turn into a “big game hunter” with theirs.

Still, I’m imagining city guards doing their job patrolling the area. One looks suspiciously into a dark corner. From within the shadows, a small movement. Then a massive horn blast blows the poor chaps helmet off. As the guard clutches his ears, his comrades apprehend the prankster. Yes folks, we can now sleep safely. The deadly honker has been caught.

in Thief

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

Rifle for the Thief would be awesome.

So here comes the Scepter!

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

in Thief

Posted by: Cyhann.2609

Cyhann.2609

We need a weapon with more ranged more than we need another melee weapon.

While it’s true that it’s something the Thief dosen’t have, it’s not really something the Thief needs, since he has many abilities to get in and out of range rather quickly.

in Thief

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

They might give us rifle at first but after the flood of ‘thief rifle OP’ they’d turn it into a warhorn. Or a trident. I have to admit I’m a bit nervous here.

in Thief

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

heard thieves are getting the LB with the 5th skill having 1500 shadow step range

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in Thief

Posted by: MrForz.1953

MrForz.1953

heard thieves are getting the LB with the 5th skill having 1500 shadow step range

Yes. You shoot an arrow to the skies, wait for approximatively 3 hours and once it hits the ground you shadowstep to the arrow.

Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Thief – Jade Quarry.

in Thief

Posted by: Nikkinella.8254

Nikkinella.8254

I really wanted rifle at first. Wanted to make a character that was like the ghost from Starcraft. But now, i’m kinda hoping for offhand sword. A blademaster class with super fast attacks that let you get behind your opponent and cut through their defenses? Sounds more fun than rifle to me. And i just like the idea of using 2 swords on thief.