I don't avoid any class except...

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Mesmers. Even as a thief I’ve been able to take down any class, and i can down a mesmer, the problem comes from finishing them off. Only when they are down do I have trouble finishing them off for stealthing or cloning etc. Any thieves out there with advice to help me out with this class? I just dont have the durability to play the guessing game.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Spleen.7836

Spleen.7836

The real downed mesmer has a big red arrow on the top of his head, you can’t miss it

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

He is sometimes literally not even there, just his clones.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: ZLE.8293

ZLE.8293

No no.He Vanishes,and after that a clone appears and the mesmer himself appears.The trick is that the clone always appear first.So beware and they are easy
Edit:Also when you fight alive mesmers,i think their clones don’t have offhand….

Ss Ninja- Rank 50 Asura Condition Thief (The Bulgarians [BG])
My Ringtones on Zedge >>>C l i c k <<<

(edited by ZLE.8293)

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Bah, just kill them all, u cant miss that way !

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: Ubique.1876

Ubique.1876

Seriously. Just swap to Shortbow and Cluster Bomb, forget using finisher.

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

Geting stuck with shortbow for 10 s while fighting a mesmer is not a good idea

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: Jericho.4521

Jericho.4521

Mesmers. Even as a thief I’ve been able to take down any class, and i can down a mesmer, the problem comes from finishing them off. Only when they are down do I have trouble finishing them off for stealthing or cloning etc. Any thieves out there with advice to help me out with this class? I just dont have the durability to play the guessing game.

If you’re saying that you can’t find them to finish them off, that’s easy: CnD one of their downed clones, wait about 2 seconds and then down the real mesmer with the red arrow over their head.

If you’re saying you’re too squishy and they down you in their downed state, all I can suggest is stop running zerker amulet and get some points in Shadow Arts.

in Thief

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

do not make the mistake to random attack clones. The best ideea is to C&d on first clone and use finisher on the real mesmer " the one with arrow"

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Thief

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

Geting stuck with shortbow for 10 s while fighting a mesmer is not a good idea

thats the best weapon to fight a mesmer with >.> lol trick shot does wonders all i do is sit thier and use auto attack 99% of the mesmers are glass cannons so yea…. so easy lol

in Thief

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

I have 3 classes I’m afraid of: good Mesmers being nigh unkillable and spamming more clones than I can kill, good D/D Eles with all their CC and massive damage and good Warriors nullifying all your damage, stunlocking and channeling stuff at me when I stealth.
I also once met one good Ranger that put up a great fight, but those are very very rare.

in Thief

Posted by: condiments.8043

condiments.8043

70% percent of the time you can get a stomp on a mesmer by staggering your stomp so they make their “invis” cast while you’re in the middle of your stomp. You come down when they reappear and you get the stomp with no trouble.

Cretius-Elementalist
Condiments-Thief

in Thief

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

Mesmers get easier with practice. Next time you come across one in WvW, (and you’re not alone), hang back and watch it fight. You’ll notice that the clones only auto attack and have very stiff movement patterns. You can almost always find the mesmer once you realize he’s the only one that will dodge, heal, use utilities, etc.
The real problem I’ve been having with them lately is when they create an illusion on their dodge. I’ll c&d them and they’ll dodge and create an illusion so that I waste my backstab on it.

Red Falcon’s right, though. D/D ele’s can be a pain if they survive my initial burst. They can reset a fight almost as easily as we can plus their heals and condition removals…

I don’t really have trouble with much else except bunker guardians that are nearly unkillable for me and zerker warriors that stomp me before I stomp them.

in Thief

Posted by: Hax.6217

Hax.6217

I always call a target for myself and mesmers are a piece of cake =D Ctrl+T and watch why he gets all mad he cant split to avoid you….on the other hand baddie mesmers always move after they make illusions making it really easy to pick em out of a crowd of confusion.
While they are downed like everyone said red arrow above their head is a dead give away.

in Thief

Posted by: Gusmaozin.4076

Gusmaozin.4076

Clones do low dmg and has low health, just kill them all and you’re fine.

in Thief

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

Clones do low dmg and has low health, just kill them all and you’re fine.

if only that was the issue remember alot of mesmers run with certain traits that put conditions on you . and criple so on so on.. so its not always good to kill off the clones before the mesmer because the clones can become your downfall ive done it alot of times with my condition mesmer its hilarious watching you guys killing my clones and dieying from all those stacked up conditions :P go ahead try to run big boys and lemme watch you limp away like my granpa because you stacked so much criple time on ya ^^ lol

in Thief

Posted by: skinnyb.5920

skinnyb.5920

go ahead try to run big boys and lemme watch you limp away like my granpa because you stacked so much criple time on ya ^^ lol

And I just keep running after my dodge removes cripple/weakness

in Thief

Posted by: fivekiller.1432

fivekiller.1432

they are practically free kills on my p/d thief.

they are generally horrible at wiping conditions and/or healing themselves so what damage you do get tends to stick.

doubt that helps but eh..

-Desirz Matheon

in Thief

Posted by: Docherty.8372

Docherty.8372

Be aware that the Mez downed auto-attack stacks confusion, and an active downed clone will double it – it’s important to note that if you just auto-attack them to death you could find yourself in hot water very quickly. I have been struck down by Thieves on my Mez, and flat-out killed them from my downed state (when you’re glass you’re glass, don’t spam attacks when they stack confusion on you).

If you sleep on the downed Mez his 3 button summons a phantasmal Thief who will heartseeker you for quite respectable damage.

Stealth stomping is the clear answer – if he can’t target you he can’t use his clone/phantasm on you, otherwise be aware of the potentially very dangerous confusion stacks and don’t spam attacks if you’ve got it on you (it’s worth repeating).

in Thief

Posted by: Docherty.8372

Docherty.8372

I always call a target for myself and mesmers are a piece of cake =D Ctrl+T and watch why he gets all mad he cant split to avoid you….on the other hand baddie mesmers always move after they make illusions making it really easy to pick em out of a crowd of confusion.
While they are downed like everyone said red arrow above their head is a dead give away.

Skilled Mez does not care whether you mistake his clones or not (and assumes that you are not fooled) – they are walking bombs, nothing more – I always laugh when anyone starts chasing my idiot clones (who probably run off to attack nearby mosquito or something), like “Really?! Someone fell for that?”

Since a single quad shatter is often enough to blow up glass Thieves completely I’d advise you to respect the clones somewhat more than you seem to – in some cases they are more dangerous to you than the Mez themself.

in Thief

Posted by: Grizledorf.5290

Grizledorf.5290

this dude above me is right, those clones are a bigger pain than the actual mesmer. Best thing to do is play spvp for a little bit till you learn the mesmers. It really helps to CTRL+T them. Also if they have a title, Green arrow or world completion star their clones don’t share it with them and u can easily see who is the real mesmer. Also cloak an dagger before every stomp every time on every class.

in Thief

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Unless they use decoy which I always have. So I dodge and right when i dodge I also drop decoy which leaves the thief attacking my decoy then illusionary leap (if i havent used it yet) Blurred frenzy and mind wrack=Dead thief… And you can always tell which thieves are bad… They will spam heartseeker when you are at full health which does nothing. lol

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Rinzler.8072

Rinzler.8072

Mesmers are on of the reasons i run S/D

The AOE auto atacks just shatters all the clones as fast as they can put em up.

D/D imho is very tough against a good mez

Rinzler [Mesmer] -BROLIS PASS- Violent Tendencies (vT)
Videos: