I don't get why S/D gets so much attention

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

People that demand larcenous strike nerf, evade nerf, even infiltrator’s strike nerf, and shadow refuge nerf….

WTF??

The thief forum laughs because we know S/D thief is not even that good in WvW or PvE. D/P has always been the poster child for being the only complete weapon set.

The amount of QQ over this cool kit is just overwhelming.

I laugh when I encounter an S/D thief when I’m on my bunker war. I get how much it’s trying, how much it’s spamming the #3 key, but it’s just doing so little damage to me that my regen ALONE almost completely neutralizes.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Because they suck.

EDIT: Yeah… I’m opening that door.

(edited by Zacchary.6183)

in Thief

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

Thief is the second weakest class at the moment. Most people just don’t want to admit that.

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Cause in Spvp, people say S/D Thieves have effectively kicked Mesmer and Elementalist out of the meta.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Thief is the second weakest class at the moment. Most people just don’t want to admit that.

Ya I think so.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: liefbread.9513

liefbread.9513

Cause in Spvp, people say S/D Thieves have effectively kicked Mesmer and Elementalist out of the meta.

Don’t forget “neutered guardians.” we clearly do that too.

in Thief

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

To be fair necros and mesmer have stronger boon coutnerplay than thief. And thief has to spec and use specific weapons in order to boon steal. Also they neglect the fact that s/d is melee and needs initiative so spamming it leaves you vulnerable after. I think its more of " heavy class should beat melee dps" leftover mindset in the back of the players heads that drawing attention to s/d thief.

Though i can see why bunker eles can have problems with the evasion s/d provides since they rely on 2 skills for damage.

(edited by Eodwen.2613)

in Thief

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

Meh, I’m lucky if that stupid skill doesn’t catapult me into orbit on anything but a stationary target. It’s useful on mobs that keep buffing themselves but for a moving player it would probably do me more harm than them.

I guess it would be more viable in PvP with the whole ‘sit in the circle and look menacing’ thing, but why that needs translate out of PvP I’m not sure. I’ve certainly never had to worry about someone stealing my boons in WvW, and would prefer to trait steal if I wanted to do it myself.

in Thief

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Shatter mesmer/ele couldn’t beat S/D thief. That’s pretty much the only reason, although the upcoming nerf is totally uncalled for imo.

in Thief

Posted by: Coloxeus.3480

Coloxeus.3480

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Sad, but true. Anet’s one and only purpose in life. They never really diverted away from that ever since GW1.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

in Thief

Posted by: Master of Timespace.2548

Master of Timespace.2548

People that demand larcenous strike nerf, evade nerf, even infiltrator’s strike nerf, and shadow refuge nerf….

WTF??

The thief forum laughs because we know S/D thief is not even that good in WvW or PvE. D/P has always been the poster child for being the only complete weapon set.

The amount of QQ over this cool kit is just overwhelming.

I laugh when I encounter an S/D thief when I’m on my bunker war. I get how much it’s trying, how much it’s spamming the #3 key, but it’s just doing so little damage to me that my regen ALONE almost completely neutralizes.

Only warriors and guards are truly good in WvW anyway. In pve it’s all the kittening same what you bring, so these two parts of the game don’t really matter. S/d is complained because of it’s spvp aspect and you know it.

? <(^-^><)>^-^)> <(^-^)> ?

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

I never use Sword in PvE and WvW. It’s pretty much garbage.
It’s nice in Spvp only, and that’s by using 2 S/D sets… which is a shame. Just makes our weapon choices in the overall game feel really limited.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

in Thief

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

sniffle I just wanted to steal the massive boon stacks off dredge. Is that so wrong? ArenaNet, why you love dredge so much?! (srsly, they’s friggin everywhere) I guess I’ll augment it with Bountiful Theft, but that’s less of a boon steal and more of a “vigor with benefits”.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

It’s nice in Spvp only, and that’s by using 2 S/D sets… which is a shame. Just makes our weapon choices in the overall game feel really limited.

Try taking out a siege engine with anything other than using sword in WvW.

Now try S/P using pistol whip. Do you see it now? Now use it on the gate.

This is one of those special occasions where S/P is effective. Use it any other way at your own risk.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

This is one of those special occasions where S/P is effective. Use it any other way at your own risk.

what’s special about using sword on a siege engine? wouldn’t you do more damage with dagger with backstab?

All is vain.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

what’s special about using sword on a siege engine? wouldn’t you do more damage with dagger with backstab?

Did you read what I suggested?

“Try taking out a siege engine with anything other than using sword in WvW.

Now try S/P using pistol whip. Do you see it now?"

So why do you still ask me that question?

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

Did you read what I suggested?

“Try taking out a siege engine with anything other than using sword in WvW.

Now try S/P using pistol whip. Do you see it now?"

So why do you still ask me that question?

just wondering if there’s more to it than the evade frames afforded by pistol whip.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Marduh.4603

Marduh.4603

Hgh aoe spam again:/

in Thief

Posted by: Demonts.4593

Demonts.4593

i think they said that they are only gonna make larcenous strike take 1 boon instead of 2 and thats it. A good ele or halfway decent mesmer can survive and kill an s/d thief. Staff mesmer DESTROY s/d thieves too. S/d thief really is nothing great 1v1 and is as good as anything else in teamfights. Everyone wants everybody else’s classes to be nerfed so they can feel good. that’s just the way it is. People need to L2P.

in Thief

Excalibur.9748

i think they said that they are only gonna make larcenous strike take 1 boon instead of 2 and thats it. A good ele or halfway decent mesmer can survive and kill an s/d thief. Staff mesmer DESTROY s/d thieves too. S/d thief really is nothing great 1v1 and is as good as anything else in teamfights. Everyone wants everybody else’s classes to be nerfed so they can feel good. that’s just the way it is. People need to L2P.

ya S/D thief is nothing special even in sPvP. Warrior is where it’s at. Been playing ma warrior in sPvP and it’s nice and simple and very rewarding.

All is vain.

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

ya S/D thief is nothing special even in sPvP. Warrior is where it’s at. Been playing ma warrior in sPvP and it’s nice and simple and very rewarding.

I agree, Warriors are too simple to play that I get bored really easy so I went back to my Thief.