I don't really get it

I don't really get it

in Thief

Posted by: Renegade.6240

Renegade.6240

I see a lot of people thinking that thief is really ineffective in pvp and wvw nowadays, I’m also in that a lot of people too, but I saw a thief 2 days ago, to be honest I didn’t understand what he/she was doing but he/she constantly hit me and 2 other guys, evaded backwards and went to stealth, that happened like 10 times after he/she got stomped from our skillfull zerg.
I’m trying to say that there are really good thieves out there but really bad ones too (me for e.g.), some think thief needs a buff because of the bad teefs (me yeah me) but if thief gets buffed, this professional thieves will be like god or something, I don’t really know what should be done with thief. Only thing I know is I regret leveling a thief rather than a warrior/ranger :/ And too lazy to level a warrior/ranger especially after this patch and explore all of the world again

I don't really get it

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

You can’t take thief in vacuum like this.
Other professions are also godly in good hands, many of them are far superior in fact even in hands of bad players… and that is the issue.

Look at pvp forums, in every thread when people evaluate classes it is always the same: you want only 1 thief on your team and that thief has to be amazing, it is ok to have mediocre warrior or engi but that 1 thief has to be amazing, mediocre won’t cut it because of extreme high risk mechanics of the thief.

Also, pvp wise, any build that synergizes well with celestial/might stacking is ruling pvp meta and thieves are not one of them hence why we don’t see so many.

That is why people think thieves need a buff:
- other professions don’t require such high risk for same reward
- pvp is ruled by hybrid bunkers (which thieves are not) due to effectivness and only 1 game mode

I personally don’t think that thieves really need that much buffing besides bug fixes and QoL changes but rather other professions need to meet nerf bat (engis especially).

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

I don't really get it

in Thief

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

As far as PvP is concerned the Thief will always have a place and it is not because of damage it is because of superior mobility – which allows you to outrotate the other team and outnumber fights – another key reason is shadow refuge resing which if done correctly is essentially unstoppable – thirdly the thief keeps other glass cannon classes in check like mesmer/lbow ranger/DS necro

WvW as long as you are built for stealth you are a superior roamer able to harass camps and doylaks with impunity and able to escape the blobbiest of blobs

Thief is not a class for slow reactions – should definitely not be your first class either the Thief is extremely unforgiving to mistakes