I had enough of thief...so

in Thief

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

I had enough of dying to the OP thief, so I made one. As soon as I got in WvW I owned a ranger, then an engineer, a warrior and a thief. I swear I have 0 experience with thief.

However, i still have the mentality of running when outnumbered and I often die when fighting more than 2 players. I guess I will get use to it.

By the way, the staff and evades need a huge nerf. It is ridiculous that a new player like me can spam evades and dodges and still deal a huge damage without any risks.

in Thief

Posted by: saerni.2584

saerni.2584

WvW isn’t the best place to brag about beating people 1v1…the skill range is dramatic and people aren’t always running the best builds or equipment even.

That said welcome and have fun with it

Northern Shiverpeaks (NSP)
Thief (Daredevil)
Commandant of Pistol-Dagger and Apex Predator

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Thanks for the bump.

Have one yourself!

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Video or it didn’t happen.

Also Warrior requires a lower skill floor & ceiling than thief. The fact you get rekt by thieves in WvW on a regular basis, but then claim you own on yours is a lie.

in Thief

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

WvW is hardly a benchmark for anything. You might have stumbled upon low levels or barely geared or low skilled people. Too much variables there.
If you think you’re so good without much skill go try sPvP and see how dueling there will be. Just look at Sindrener streams when he plays, he is best thief around but still avoids most duels for a reason.

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Thieves have zero advantage against other thieves. If one gets the drop on you (and they will), you will die. I can run all night on a Warrior without dying. I can kill way more people on a thief but I will die a lot more.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Posted by: Strige.9382

Strige.9382

@Hitman.5829

If u owned a ranger, then an engineer, a warrior and a thief(?) MAYBE they were noobs.

Ranger is almost impossible to kill if they have a good build like engi and WARRIOR (best OP class in game).

Stop qq about thief and make better build for your class… WvW NOT IS zerk based and if u play zerk (too many wannebepro in this game mode) and die against thief it’s right.

Before to come here, say on mesmer thread how is OP condi mesmer or warrior (with 1300hp/s and a ton of skill with insane damage… more damage then thief imo) or engi with "stack might stack prot stack fury stack quickness stack etc etc or dragon hunter or or or….

SO if you speak about condi trapper thief i agree…
BUT if u come here and say how thief is OP because it have too much mobility.. so i cant agree with you.

People in this game should be more rational with own class.

(sorry for my bad english, not is my native language).

in Thief

Posted by: Fat Disgrace.4275

Fat Disgrace.4275

this guys a QQ/troll poster. stop replying guys and delete this thread.

Fat Disgrace (banned) Man Flu Survivor – war/The Cabbage -Thief (gunners hold / [TaG])

gw1 – healing signet/frenzy/charge

in Thief

Posted by: Siphon.8405

Siphon.8405

I had enough of dying to the OP thief, so I made one. As soon as I got in WvW I owned a ranger, then an engineer, a warrior and a thief. I swear I have 0 experience with thief.

However, i still have the mentality of running when outnumbered and I often die when fighting more than 2 players. I guess I will get use to it.

By the way, the staff and evades need a huge nerf. It is ridiculous that a new player like me can spam evades and dodges and still deal a huge damage without any risks.

If this is true it only exemplifies what I always say about thief…

Thief is an Apex Predator in WvW. The class design is completely surrounded around solo play. They have little to no support skills, group heals etc.

Congratulations you have figured out why people play thief, because they can single target gank people and win.

That is the ONLY thing they are good at, good luck finding a spot in a raid, fractal group (if there is already a thief in the group) or a “good spot” with a healer and support in a WvW party. I dont join commanders because i get thrown into the “we need numbers so thieves go here section”

in Thief

Posted by: Hitman.5829

Hitman.5829

If this is true it only exemplifies what I always say about thief…

Thief is an Apex Predator in WvW. The class design is completely surrounded around solo play. They have little to no support skills, group heals etc.

Congratulations you have figured out why people play thief, because they can single target gank people and win.

That is the ONLY thing they are good at, good luck finding a spot in a raid, fractal group (if there is already a thief in the group) or a “good spot” with a healer and support in a WvW party. I dont join commanders because i get thrown into the “we need numbers so thieves go here section”

I swear to god it is 100% true. I have 0 experience with thief, today i killed countless people, mainly elementalist, rangers, and thieves and a few warriors. (I haven’t killed any mesmers, guardians or revenants)

I am having trouble with conditions but since I am a noob with thief it is reasonable.
The thief is without a doubt the best choice for wvw ganking.

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

99% of wvw population is zerglings spamming 1 on loot stick (no offense, but it is reality).

I can also kill majority of them there when i jump in that game mode for dailies once in a while. Heck i killed people while being semi afk and then noticing that i am being actually attacked (the other day some shatter zerker mes attempted to kill me, a thief!!!??? They don’t even know their counters). I mean it is same as fighting players in bronze. Once in a blue moon you run into some tryhard/decent player but it is sooooooo rare.

Go to pvp, play at high ranks, then come talk. Actually, go duel Vaans, please do – i am sure skilled player using such “OP” class like thief can easily kill Vaans’ warrior :P

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Thief

Posted by: reddie.5861

reddie.5861

i do not believe u killed a engi the rest might be doable but any non afk engi will just soak up all your burst and rips you a new hole after.
so your full of crap im like you i constantly die to engi on my thief so i made engi my self and now im kitten all classes with no experience at all.

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Thief is not an apex predator but rather a scavenger. Thieves feed on the injured, weak and themselves mostly. In duels, thieves typically get torn apart. Our “job” is to cull the herd, scout and flip minor objectives.

Nobody likes a Vulture or a pack of Hyenas but that is what we are.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

99% of wvw population is zerglings spamming 1 on loot stick (no offense, but it is reality).

The OP was defeated by someone that pressed 2 after 1…

And because of this unexpected turn of events, the OP couldn’t stand a chance since he could only press 1.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!