I hope your melee staff works for you.

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

I am done trying to explain things to people who can’t seem to get out of the delusions they’ve created. It’s beyond ridiculous trying to convince people of things when all they’ll ever react to is compliance or emotions. So i’ll bite, but I am going to say this straight up.

None of you have any clue. Whether or not staff is most likely to be part of the elite spec, it is also more likely to fail at it’s job than other weapons, melee staff moreso than magic staff, because there is nothing for the concept to go off of except media diluted Japanese history. It doesn’t fit the profession’s theme as an infiltrator and assassin which the profession itself is based off of. Another melee weapon is not going to add on anything the profession cannot already do. Melee staff is most likely going to be “another X weapon” which does nothing for the profession as a whole. It’s only redeeming quality is the looks and looks never do anything. Nobody in the entire community has proven otherwise but nobody will accept that either.

As for other weapons, two players proved that both rifle and a magic staff could be an effective, unique and fun possibility that could provide something thieves lack. Melee staff has not. And so my beef is to those vying for melee staff.

My beef, to the very core, is that none of you really care about the profession. You’de rather get melee staff at all costs than think of the profession and consider the feelings of the people who love it. And don’t feed me the bs that you are “only arguing because evidence shows it’ll be staff”. It is only where it is because the part of the community that really wants it have hyped it into the sun.

What nobody understands is your hype, your actions, actually effect anet’s decisions whether you believe it or not. In fact, there are not very many of you who were there for the exodus, so in no way could you understand. I came in shortly after but at the time the ire was still there and it was real. The next balance update after the exodus, anet gave the thief only buffs for the first time ever and have been careful when handling the profession since then. It took a good chunk of the community deleting and shelving their thieves to break the chain of nerfs thief has suffered from the year prior. It can happen again and it will happen again if your melee staff dream flops. Everyone else will have these cool new weapons that actually work while thief is back to +1ing and trolling.

By all means, continue to hype it up. Continue to collectively attack people with views differing from your’s. You are foolish to think that a group has no influence whatsoever, that your hype and in/action has no effect on anet’s decisions or the game itself. In the end you’ll have to live with with the results. You reap what you sow.

But regardless of the outcome, I hope it works out for you if not work in general.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

(edited by yolo swaggins.2570)

in Thief

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

Do you really have to create another thread on this?

Seriously, I don’t even care what weapon we thieves get anymore. I just want the reveal to be over and done with.

And by the way, I do care about the profession. I main two thieves in PvE – one for Living Story/Personal Story etc. One for RP. So it was important to me what we got, until this extremely long trite of a Rifle vs Staff war went on for far too long.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

in Thief

Posted by: Selver.1307

Selver.1307

I was one of the ones who left in the exodus and am just now knocking the rust off. I tried to be a helpful thief as I do love this class. It’ll always be my main here. I haven’t kept up enough to be useful now, but I know you, and many other names here have the best for us (thieves) at your heart.

I won’t even bother to get into the arguments over rifle/staff(magical/physical), as I can easily see all of them fitting (acrobat, UMD rogue, sniper). I will say that this shouldn’t be something that divides us. I know we all have differing views on our class, but we can at least (through teef, or here, whatever) go about all of our squabbles civilly and with passion at the same time.

I love you guys. No one knows me and I don’t care, But thief is my baby as much as anet’s, or any of you all’s.

Unite!

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

Yeah you didn’t have to create a another thread. Funny thing about all of this is you are going to get a staff and you will love it lol. Then we can all hold hands.
It seems you also didn’t realize that 1. you can’t convince everybody 2. all those threads about who is getting what doesn’t matter. So no need to get worked up over it mate.

I warned you once man. it’s written " LIAISON" PLEASE CHANGE YOUR SIGNATURE.

we all love thief as much as you do, don’t worry about it. when the spec is released, it will filter those you really love the profession. Those who don’t love the profession as much as we do, will switch to mesmer or w.e tickles their fancy.
It’s going to be a great filter.

ONE LOVE FOR THE THIEF. NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS. HONOR AMONGST THIEVES.

srly correct that mistake.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

And don’t feed me the bs that you are “only arguing because evidence shows it’ll be staff”. It is only where it is because because the part of the community that really wants it have hyped it into the sun.

You have no clue. You don’t know where it is and neither do any of us because none of us work for ANet and have no idea what they are planning and why they are planning it.

I understand and respect your passion but this is just a crybaby post because people didn’t agree with you. Ever since that picture was datamined it has been one QQ post after another about that Rifle not being implemented. You were hoping that everyone would agree with you and then all of the hype would change ANet’s mind but if that was all it took then FG would have been reverted and Ricochet would be back but they’re not. Sure, our opinions matter but in the end the final say so is theirs.

Quite frankly if this is how [Teef]‘s Liaison handles himself in public over a disagreement it’s no wonder the guild is floundering the way it is.

in Thief

yolo swaggins.2570

I’m not going to continue arguing in that thread because it’s become a waste of time. Enjoy your staff.

Liaison for [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

were getting a spoon! give it up already….

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

I’m not going to continue arguing in that thread because it’s become a waste of time. Enjoy your staff.

ty for changing mate. No hard feelings I hope.

To be honest with you yoloswag, I am glad to see from time to times individuals who are unwilling to catch the drift. You are entitled to your opinion, event though I disagree with you 150%, I still think debate like this are very important, and you held your own well.

You love your thief and do not want to see it anymore broken than we do. Don’t let this hard talk get to you. Keep your head up mate, and don’t stop posting.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Not like they’re never releasing more specializations It’s really likely we’ll get both in the long run, so why argue/rage? I’ve put in my two cents in the past on how I personally feel, and perhaps why certain concepts aren’t a great idea when the ideas for the specializations were up in the air. There’s no gain to debating or arguing about what it will be, what it looks like, what it should be, should do… etc. Clearly ANet has made up their minds and is willing to do extremely big letdown specs (tempest warhorn). Our input, creativity, or debates aren’t going to influence this round of specializations. There is no point and has been no point in arguing about it. The only discussion that’s meant something is new info about the reveal itself.

I’m looking forward to something new, regardless if it’s even the thief that has me interested.

in Thief

Posted by: Girbilcannon.8259

Girbilcannon.8259

honestly, i’m sick of this melee staff crap. Why am I sick of it? we already have plenty of melee options a it just takes another dump on what our other crappy option has been for years, which is pistols. We need something that compliments what we already have and gives us a stronger range option, which is rifle. Melee staff is stupid and people who stand by it should just go rerole as a pandarian monk

in Thief

Posted by: Hitsuke.5304

Hitsuke.5304

I don’t care what weapon we get as long as it allows us to run a viable build other than D/P.

in Thief

Posted by: sebradle.7034

sebradle.7034

Anet please release thief spec this Monday so this melodrama can end.

in Thief

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

No, thief is getting a war horn and is going to be called the “Shadow Caller.”

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Wrong…it would just fuel the next one it’s a cycle of darkness.

In all seriousness it would be nice if we could focus more on base thief but even when the teaser pic is revealed I’m pretty sure they will not make it specific just to create last minute extra hype and we know ranger is last so that’s one good thing so far. Anyway Team Rifle!!

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

sebradle.7034

Wrong…it would just fuel the next one it’s a cycle of darkness.

In all seriousness it would be nice if we could focus more on base thief but even when the teaser pic is revealed I’m pretty sure they will not make it specific just to create last minute extra hype and we know ranger is last so that’s one good thing so far. Anyway Team Rifle!!

Oh your team rifle that means you actually care about thief how can you sleep at night you dirty kitten.

in Thief

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

honestly, i’m sick of this melee staff crap. Why am I sick of it? we already have plenty of melee options a it just takes another dump on what our other crappy option has been for years, which is pistols. We need something that compliments what we already have and gives us a stronger range option, which is rifle. Melee staff is stupid and people who stand by it should just go rerole as a pandarian monk

Or you could, you know, support reverting the nerfs made to shortbow and welcome increased weapon diversity whatever it may be.

I wanted a control weapon in mace, we may get staff with high mobility- but really we are all just taking wild guesses as to what exactly we will get and should get.

Less rage and more adaptation.

-Signed easily worst thief NA

edit: context

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Thief

Sagat.3285

Could we stop with the “nerfs” to SB? SB naturally has and should have 900 range on all skills because LB is a thing. If you want control try s/p the only unique thing about staff would bring is a land block and please p/p is a wannabe hybrid weapon.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: TheMurkMuffin.8213

TheMurkMuffin.8213

Watch us not get a weapon altogether. XD

Kaliabell – 80 Norn Reaper
-Retired Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Thief elite spec is thief gets deleted.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Thief

TheMurkMuffin.8213

LOL omg I would spam this thread with the title “Hahahahahahahahahhahahaha” just because all of this staff/rifle thing. #teampistols

-Retired Thief

in Thief

TheMurkMuffin.8213

And don’t feed me the bs that you are “only arguing because evidence shows it’ll be staff”. It is only where it is because because the part of the community that really wants it have hyped it into the sun.

You have no clue. You don’t know where it is and neither do any of us because none of us work for ANet and have no idea what they are planning and why they are planning it.

I understand and respect your passion but this is just a crybaby post because people didn’t agree with you. Ever since that picture was datamined it has been one QQ post after another about that Rifle not being implemented. You were hoping that everyone would agree with you and then all of the hype would change ANet’s mind but if that was all it took then FG would have been reverted and Ricochet would be back but they’re not. Sure, our opinions matter but in the end the final say so is theirs.

Quite frankly if this is how [Teef]‘s Liaison handles himself in public over a disagreement it’s no wonder the guild is floundering the way it is.

[Teef] is doing great by the way… I enjoy taking young thieves under my wing and talking them threw the wonders of this profession. A great idea.

Edit: typo.

-Retired Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Empty handed skills! GW1 style Touch skills confirmed!

Nothing is off the table!

Empty hands have stats based on an equipped weapon, but you don’t use the weapons!
You have no weapon swaps, only kits!
Staff kit, Rifle kit, shuriken kit, grenade kit!
Elite stolen bundle! The last profession you stole from gives you a kit based on what they were!

#TeamLandSpear

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

(edited by Maugetarr.6823)

in Thief

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Whatever it may be just…just….just give us something that works since D/P and a nerf’ed to a shadow on the wall shortbow is all that is left. or at least revert the outrageous and unjustified shortbow nerfs.

Still hoping for a Rifle since a single specialization wont make support builds a thing and we already have too many sets that specialize in melee and yet not a single long range weapon.

Team Rifle Goes On

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

in Thief

Posted by: godmoney.6025

godmoney.6025

Well listen here, I’d prefer a new ranged weapon myself, but what I am more concerned about than the new weapon choice, is the actual elite spec mechanics and trait line. They better be fun, powerful and worthwile and add some new flavour to the class.

Thief elite spec should be able to dual wield rifles I say, with Grandmaster trait being *Attach any dagger from your inventory as a bayonet to a rifle.Your rifle auto attacks when in 240 range now also inflict Lotus Strike to enemies’. *

That would be fun.

Thief already has lots of ‘binary’ stuff (+20% dmg when this, +10% damage when that, +1% damage per initiative, +7% crit chance when flanking, +10% crit damage from that). Which is fine given the current class design, but it is kinda boring. I say we need more fun stuff, less number stuff.

La Fantoma – Aurora Glade

(edited by godmoney.6025)

in Thief

Posted by: Zaerah.1630

Zaerah.1630

You people are still fighting over this? what in the actual kitten.

It doesn’t matter what any of you think about it, anet has definitely already decided what we get and we just have to live with it.

in Thief

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

Melee staff is stupid. What could it offer that thief doesn’t already have? That’s what it comes down to really.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

in Thief

Posted by: Black Frog.9274

Black Frog.9274

yolo, srsly, what is there to say? you’re usually pretty well spoken, but this is ranty. They’re going to do whatever they’re going to do. At the end of the day, the only way to vote is with your feet. Just walk away.

I Like to Run Randomly Around the Map

in Thief

Posted by: Gray.9041

Gray.9041

Melee staff is stupid. What could it offer that thief doesn’t already have? That’s what it comes down to really.

this is the problem.

what it offers or doesn’t offer doesn’t matter

rain doesn’t offer me much that a sink can’t, but if I see clouds, i’m probably going to get rain.

it’s not about what’s good.
it’s not about what we want.

it’s about what’s going to happen.

Reality. not opinion.

in Thief

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

@OP elite spec is meant to be another playstyle, I know a lot of people would be upset if they’d have to buy the expansion just to get a spec that fixed the current problems plaguing thief.

in Thief

TheMurkMuffin.8213

I feel like this entire thread is going to evolve into some life lesson bullkitten. Yolo, I’d prolly drop this because clearly they are not. Either way, #teampistols for lyfe.

-Retired Thief

in Thief

Gray.9041

#teampistols for lyfe.

well, it makes no sense for the elite spec, but I can get behind this in general.

in Thief

Posted by: YuiRS.8129

YuiRS.8129

Defense and support options?

in Thief

Gray.9041

Defense and support options?

melee AoE, mobility that doesn’t drop you on an enemy’s face.

to be honest, the staff can offer thief whatever the devs want it to offer thief.

whether the devs want to offer thief anything good/new/fun is a whole other story.

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

teef elite spec will be MESMER!

in Thief

Posted by: Soulhaze.7864

Soulhaze.7864

My guess is the shield. The skills will be AoE heavy and the traits pirate themed…

in Thief

Posted by: Selver.1307

Selver.1307

#Teamgarrotewire

in Thief

Sagat.3285

My guess is the shield. The skills will be AoE heavy and the traits pirate themed…

Might as well give us shouts and seal their doomed fate.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Staff fits about as well as anything else, sans maybe Mace.

in Thief

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

Maybe if the people I was arguing with weren’t so closed-minded I wouldn’t have to resort to ad Hominem just to break through that dense barrier of theirs’. And it isn’t like you guys were going to really discuss it anyway. It’s like those anti-thief threads where if you are not agreeing with the OP you are a blind zealot.

Also, I doubt a few notes from self entitled pricks really counts as “floundering”. However I still sympathize with the leader, catching kitten from leeches after you’ve slaved away would kitten off anybody.

But considering the lifecycle of guilds in this game, [Teef] has done pretty well. I would like to see you make a guild closing in on 200 members without buffs or forced rep in a span of 3 months.

Alright, I was wrong for saying that about the guild and I do apologize. I shouldn’t have said it.

However, you are behaving in a childish fashion over this. You just threw out the “people being closed-minded” response which is the typical response I have seen time and again in political arguments which always boils down to “I’m calling you closed-minded because you aren’t seeing things my way”. As I said, I respect your passion about the profession but on this you are like that kid in the store laying on the ground screaming and kicking his feet.

The evidence is there for a staff, whether you want to believe it or not. Since that evidence has been found ANet has not said anything about what is coming. It has neither confirmed nor denied nor said they are going forwards or backwards based on hype. Other than Rubi making a joke to not answer the question nothing has been said. To say that people being excited or not about a staff is influencing ANet is said without any basis in fact because nobody but the people working on it know. The evidence is there and you are rejecting it all you can with something bordering on extreme zealotry.

Working in game development I can attest to the fact that what players say on forums is not super high on the chain of command when it comes to implementing things. Players want all kinds of stuff and they are never satisfied. The developers make the decisions based upon their vision for the game.

Let me put it into perspective for you. Let’s say you were the one in charge of making the new elite spec and you wanted to make a sniper and give a rifle. On the forums, though, there is this huge outcry for an OH sword because everyone wants to be a ninja instead of a sniper. Would you cave in and do the OH sword or continue doing what you have envisioned with the rifle?

Next there is the money issue. Just because some player made a list of ideas for a rifle and you could just take those doesn’t actually save money. Those developers get paid the same regardless. They are getting paid whether they are creating ideas or borrowing them from players. It doesn’t save money. Maybe time but not money.

Lastly, the role is made to fit the class into some new role for HoT PvE content. Sure it will be “balanced” around PvP but the spec is not being made for new flair in PvP. It’s being made for group PvE content.

in Thief

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

Rifle please so I can have some use for my legendary….pretty please with a cherry on top.

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

in Thief

sebradle.7034

Maybe if the people I was arguing with weren’t so closed-minded I wouldn’t have to resort to ad Hominem just to break through that dense barrier of theirs’. And it isn’t like you guys were going to really discuss it anyway. It’s like those anti-thief threads where if you are not agreeing with the OP you are a blind zealot.

Also, I doubt a few notes from self entitled pricks really counts as “floundering”. However I still sympathize with the leader, catching kitten from leeches after you’ve slaved away would kitten off anybody.

But considering the lifecycle of guilds in this game, [Teef] has done pretty well. I would like to see you make a guild closing in on 200 members without buffs or forced rep in a span of 3 months.

How could anyone have a real discussion about a staff kit when every thread delves into the staff posters having to defend why they even think it would be possible that anet would give us staff and not rifle like rifle is the only possible choice.

Also calling us close minded is ridiculous because your entire original post sums up to.

All staff posters are

1. Delusional, Compliant, and Emotional (This reads to me as you are all SHEEPLE!, called us blind Zealots to.)
2. Our ideas are ridiculous cause there is no way in any universe that melee staff would add anything to the profession because I yoloswaggins the great cant see it. (That is great I guess everything that you are ignorant of or not imaginative enough to see isn’t true) (Does yoloswaggins know how quantum mechanics works well if not it isn’t true).
3. We do not really care about thief.
4. We are just crazy people who want to take thief down with are anime waifu delusions and our love of melee staff.
5. That we are not actually arguing "because evidence shows it’ll be staff” but because we just desperately want melee staff at the detriment of the thief profession. (Dang you can read my mind man and tell me why I am arguing).
6. That we are causing the downfall of thief because our hype is the reason we will end up with staff. (Not that anet probably had this in plan for awhile I mean that would be the reasonable way to think about it).
7. That we are close minded and attack people with views differing then ours.

This isn’t just an ad hominem this is you mischaracterizing every single person who wants melee staff in order to discredit us. Because you are close minded aand don’t respect our opinions and you are angry that you might not get what you want so lets throw a tantrum.

(edited by sebradle.7034)

in Thief

Posted by: Demented Yak.6105

Demented Yak.6105

Any weapon could give any play style.

Ultimately, it comes down to the imagination of the developers.

OP needs to chill out.

in Thief

Gray.9041

Any weapon could give any play style.

Ultimately, it comes down to the imagination of the developers.

OP needs to chill out.

this

in Thief

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

#teampistols for lyfe.

well, it makes no sense for the elite spec, but I can get behind this in general.

You take away my pistols over my dead Asuran body.
In all seriousness, I’m rapidly starting to think two things:

1. Thief spec’ll be last revealed. Cause, the Six forbid Thief goes before Warrior
  2. They’ll troll all sides of the debate, and give Thieves a Scepter. Cause, y’know, #Anet Logic!
Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Thief

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

So you’re basically upset because some people don’t agree with your opinion. As a result, those who don’t 100% agree with you are closed-minded zealots who apparently don’t care about the profession we love and play and are ruining thieves as a whole. Despite me saying “I wouldn’t mind rifle, but I prefer melee staff right now,” I’m still some kind of crazy person for even preferring something different that what you want. You also felt compelled to make a new thread further spitting on those who simply have a differing opinion than your own. Nice.

I could go on, but please refer to sebradle’s post above me to get the gist of it. This is absurd.

kthxbai

in Thief

yolo swaggins.2570

There you go twisting my words again.

Liaison for [Teef]

in Thief

Posted by: glehmann.9586

glehmann.9586

sebradle pretty much covered my opinion. The pro-staff people haven’t always conducted themselves as well as they should, but yolo has consistently engaged in terrible behavior, exemplified by the OP in this thread.

This isn’t just an ad hominem this is you mischaracterizing every single person who wants melee staff in order to discredit us.

Maybe I’m just nitpicking here, but “mischaracterizing every single person who wants melee staff in order to discredit us” is almost exactly what ad hominem means.