I just don't get it.

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Sons.5493

Sons.5493

Thieves are in a pathetic meta status and yet all i see is people still crying for nerfs.

Heck i would even dare to say thieves are the lowest pvp tier in tpvp.

and i don’t really see arenanet willing to fix any of these, even if LS was a nice addition, that’s it…. bring Dancing dagger back, up the PW damage, bring radical changes to P/P….anything

And yet things like trap ranger and 1shot shatter every 8 seconds are completly fine.

What’s with all the mindless nerf-asking threads?!

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

bc people who hate thieves….dont play them. and then when a good thief comes by and does well (bc thieves are ONLY good when good players play them) they say he beat me 1 v 1 or 1 v 2 and thats not fair blah blah blah like 1v1 is the messiah match of making a hierarchy of skilled classes which thieves would be so whiningly put on top.

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Sons.5493

i beg to differ, while a skilled thief would have a better chance vs another skilled players our current meta still puts us in a lower winning chance by game definition, a good shatter mesmer or a good ranger, heck even a good ele will just kitten the heck out of the skilled thief.

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

you are right …under 1 condition…..that the thief stays withing a certain distance during the fight. if u count resetting a fight a loss….then a thief will lose 4/5 im guessing. they really do have to get it just right with no mistakes in order to win. thieves have no room to wiggle/mess up

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Incurafy.6329

Incurafy.6329

Because people are stupid, Thieves have stealth, and stupid people obsess over stealth in every MMO that has it.

Fact.

thiefhitfor2kbetternerf
all is vain

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

Because people want to faceroll onto the 1st page of the leaderboards.

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

i beg to differ, while a skilled thief would have a better chance vs another skilled players our current meta still puts us in a lower winning chance by game definition, a good shatter mesmer or a good ranger, heck even a good ele will just kitten the heck out of the skilled thief.

See the part where you said “heck even a good ele” DD eles in general I avoid. No just NO

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

Because WvW.

Thieves are bad in sPvP, where certain constraints are put on gameplay (less burst, stealth stops point capping), but are ridiculous in WvW, especially at roaming.

It’s like if you reduce 100blades damage, and warriors ask “but we suck in sPvP, so why nerf us more?” The nerf isn’t targeted at sPvP – everyone agrees that GS warriors are amazing for PvE, so the damage can be reduced to what other classes are capable of.

Besides, the last patch didn’t even nerf Thieves; in fact there were a lot of buffs.

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Because WvW.

Thieves are bad in sPvP, where certain constraints are put on gameplay (less burst, stealth stops point capping), but are ridiculous in WvW, especially at roaming.

It’s like if you reduce 100blades damage, and warriors ask “but we suck in sPvP, so why nerf us more?” The nerf isn’t targeted at sPvP – everyone agrees that GS warriors are amazing for PvE, so the damage can be reduced to what other classes are capable of.

Besides, the last patch didn’t even nerf Thieves; in fact there were a lot of buffs.

Woulda been the first awesome patch for Thief if not for Shortbow being so buggy now. Sword/Dagger is pretty fun now when all of it’s Weapon Skills are actually useful. Now if only the rest of our flawed, dull or useless skills would get revamped.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Mathias.9657

Mathias.9657

Because thieves are annoying, doesn’t matter that they’re trash, people will continue to complain and ANet will continue to nerf.

Back to WoW, make GW2 fun please.

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Sons.5493

Because WvW.

I consider mug dmg reduction a nerf that compeltly destroys the BS combo build, not that i use it but iwas one of the only viable builds we had in tournies. And the healing we get now it’s just a lame excuse to nerf the kitten out of mug.

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

See the part where you said “heck even a good ele” DD eles in general I avoid. No just NO

I love fighting eles. They seem to have this air of “lol I’m an ele, that makes me superior to you” about them, which apparently makes them think that they can keep running while I’m murdering them from behind.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

I love fighting eles. They seem to have this air of “lol I’m an ele, that makes me superior to you” about them, which apparently makes them think that they can keep running while I’m murdering them from behind.

You know what? Youre right, Im not standing for that >:(

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Kneru.8014

Kneru.8014

Thieves are in a pathetic meta status and yet all i see is people still crying for nerfs.

Heck i would even dare to say thieves are the lowest pvp tier in tpvp.

and i don’t really see arenanet willing to fix any of these, even if LS was a nice addition, that’s it…. bring Dancing dagger back, up the PW damage, bring radical changes to P/P….anything

And yet things like trap ranger and 1shot shatter every 8 seconds are completly fine.

What’s with all the mindless nerf-asking threads?!

Because, every class that utilizes stealth in an MMO has been cried about since the dawn of MMOs. Why? Because people are dumb, and dont understand how to counter stealth mechanics in their respective games.

Thieves could do 0 damage, but someone would still cry for a nerf because the Thief stealthed and ran away, and they didnt get the kill they wanted.

Certain things could have used the nerf after the game launched. Assassin’s Signet for example. That 150% was just a bit too much. But now, it’s better for it since it adds an overall 65% more.

Beyond that, I can’t really think of anything that ever needed to be nerfed, maybe Dancing Dagger, but only a little bit. They definitely over nerfed it. Everything else seems to be the dev’s caving into the QQ (i.e. Pistol Whip, when the morons that cried about it should have been running a stun break), or deciding to change things on a whim (i.e, Shortbow’s Trickshot, Reaveled debuff…).

But, as long as thieves exist, and the good ones can get a kill with proper dodging, positioning, etc, someone will complain. Happens in MMO’s, and it will continue to happen in MMO’s. Because some people are just too dense/lazy to learn how to counter.

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Konrad.9587

Konrad.9587

Shortbow auto attack nerf, Mug nerf, Smoke screen nerf… I don’t even recall a major patch that didn’t nerf thieves.

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

Because WvW.

Exactly. Most people have never claimed that thieves are overpowered in pvp, but they are indeed the “low risk, high reward” profession in WvWvW. Arguably the best roaming profession in WvWvW and surprisingly good and common in zerg battles as well. In WvWvW you don’t even need to learn to position yourself that well for cloak and dagger, because you can always trigger it using some poor forest animal, enemy structure wall, siege weapon etc. to gain stealth. WvWvW has much bigger map, consumables, better gear etc. These are all game changing features compared to the very limited conquest pvp mode.

That is why the game developers should have different balance for WvWvW and pvp.
The 4 s revealed revert + recent buffs to thief sword + signets have lead to huge influx of thieves in WvWvW. Sometimes it feels that every 3rd player is a thief. Welcome to Thief Wars 2!

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

PVE
thief:
1.traps suck big time
2.venoms have to small range for sharing
3.burst is meh
4.dps is far behind a warrior
5.mobility is NOT so very good without 15 in acrobatics
6.let’s say that the lowest hp/med armor combo compensates with stealth to stay alive, but the new “dont drop agro on stealth mechanic make things difficult”
7.almost NO boons, no team support except stealth res
8.blindness ineffective at bosses, also 1/2 duration of vulnerability&weakness
9.shared initiative system on all weapons

warrior:
1.banners 600 range: 2 super boons up for everyone in party !
2.invulnerability
3.top dps
4.highest hp/heavy armor
5.good condition remover (remove 1 condition on shout+ Shake It Off!=2 on 1 skill, Mending-remove 2 conditions then heal etc.)-contrary to “low condition removal” stated by a-net
6.good bursts
7.boons like 3 might stacks and fury for everyone in party
8.mobility via rush and other skills
9.switching weapon sets you get fresh skills

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Bacon Please.8407

Bacon Please.8407

PVE
thief:
1.traps suck big time
3.burst is meh
6.let’s say that the lowest hp/med armor combo compensates with stealth to stay alive, but the new “dont drop agro on stealth mechanic make things difficult”

warrior:
2.invulnerability
3.top dps
4.highest hp/heavy armor
5.good condition remover (remove 1 condition on shout+ Shake It Off!=2 on 1 skill, Mending-remove 2 conditions then heal etc.)-contrary to “low condition removal” stated by a-net
6.good bursts

Warriors have no Invulnerability on ANY skills. They can block direct damage for 4 seconds, every 90 secounds, but CC, pre-existing conditions, and new conditions still effect them.

3 and 5 controdict each other because you can only choose one of those and frankly warrior tank sucks which is why you see more heavy DPS builds

6 Again Do you want the burst or the tankiness

7 For great Justice is a great skill but it has it’s limitations, now with the buffs to signets you will probably get more bang for your buck packing them instead

8 Rush is a greatsword specific build.

9 Yes we get different skills as we switch to different weapons, Just like guardians, necromancers, mesmers, etc

Nearly everything you said is circumstantial and out of context
IF you want to play Supportive warriors such as investing heavily into banners or shouts you lose ALOT else where.

We all like to [FARM] Guild Leader
Jade Quarry

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

PVE
thief:
1.traps suck big time
3.burst is meh

Congrats on your achievement of reminding us just how pathetic the one-trick pony thief meta is right now. Go play a different build or go home, kiddo.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

PVE
thief:
1.traps suck big time
3.burst is meh

warrior:
2.invulnerability
3.top dps
4.highest hp/heavy armor
6.good bursts

This post is so insanely slanted it’s not even funny. I know you are being serious, but I can’t take you seriously.

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

PVE
thief:
1.traps suck big time
3.burst is meh

warrior:
2.invulnerability
3.top dps
4.highest hp/heavy armor
6.good bursts

This post is so insanely slanted it’s not even funny. I know you are being serious, but I can’t take you seriously.

Slanted or not, there’s definitely a reason thieves get turned down and warriors get demanded in PvE situations.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

PVE
thief:
1.traps suck big time
3.burst is meh

warrior:
2.invulnerability
3.top dps
4.highest hp/heavy armor
6.good bursts

Slanted or not, there’s definitely a reason thieves get turned down and warriors get demanded in PvE situations.

That’s because they’re the best PvE class there is?

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

PVE
thief:
1.traps suck big time
3.burst is meh

warrior:
2.invulnerability
3.top dps
4.highest hp/heavy armor
6.good bursts

Not just that. Thieves are turned down in favour of just about every other class but ranger. We are seen as having neither the dsp or survivability, and our support is considered niche at best.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

PVE
thief:
1.traps suck big time
3.burst is meh

warrior:
2.invulnerability
3.top dps
4.highest hp/heavy armor
6.good bursts

Not just that. Thieves are turned down in favour of just about every other class but ranger. We are seen as having neither the dsp or survivability, and our support is considered niche at best.

here here! i 2nd. :P

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

PVE
thief:
1.traps suck big time
3.burst is meh

warrior:
2.invulnerability
3.top dps
4.highest hp/heavy armor
6.good bursts

here here! i 2nd. :P

3rd.

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

As others have said, it’s mostly from WvW. In WvW most terribads run in full berserkers. Thieves are able to pull this off better than most (but are still terribad) because of stealth. So when a berserker thief jumps a berserker warrior in WvW, the Warrior is 3 shot. Every other class is effectively 2 shot. Instead of fixing the problem by actually getting toughness, they complain about it.

You’ll also find that the complains tend to manifest when other classes are nerfed. ‘You nerfed confusion so now you have to nerf X to be fair’ type of arguments.

The problems of the thief class in s/tPvP are the same for the class in WvW though. Look at thieves in zerg vs zerg combat for example. When someone ask’s what the Thief’s role in a zerg is they’ll say to blast finisher and finish people once downed. That’s it. Venomshare is laughable at best. As you mentioned, the class utility is limited to small group (PvE utility is actually quite good. Blind field alone is worth bringing a thief along for example) and the class’ survivability to actually kill someone once they’ve downed them is next to impossible unless you use a cooldown (shadowrefuge to take out a commander you downed? So you mean to tell me we’re there to kill 1 player every minute?).

This class could go with some minor burst nerfs in exchange for insane defensive buffs.

Things like:
1 second of endure pain when entering stealth.
1 second of stability when leaving stealth.
5 seconds of stability when using shadowstep.
Dancing Dagger gives protection or aegis.
X% of power is given to toughness.

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Uruz Six.6594

Uruz Six.6594

I like your other ideas. Given the current aggro system, however, I’d much rather have vitality instead.

Skoryy, sylvari thief: “Act now, figure out ‘with wisdom’ later.”
Nanuchka, norn mesmer: “BOOZEAHOL!”
Tarnished Coast – Still Here, El Guapo!

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Atherakhia.4086

I like your other ideas. Given the current aggro system, however, I’d much rather have vitality instead.

Well we have a vitality one already. don’t need multiples. Could also just have the other trait do both, but I don’t think any class has a single trait give vitality and toughness.

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Travlane.5948

the dmg is already too low for a thief as is….well for the amount of defense/survivability they have anyway. nobody is 2 shot anymore….its super super super sssssssssuper rare….when it is…the thief that did it is usually dead within moments after….bc they have no utilities….no defense….everythign was used…..and they have 12k hp. anyone who is 2 shot is runner zerker gear which is risky. theres a reason you stopped seeing videos of thieves bursting people in 2 secs….(most of those were upscales or crappy gear or full zerkers) the rest survive or had skill/quick response times. burst does not exist on thief anymore….only mesmer…..2 skills (cnd to bs ) is not a burst….its a combo. :P big difference. and usually its for 10-11k total against a low low defense person. (if both crit)

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: Deniara Devious.3948

Deniara Devious.3948

This class could go with some minor burst nerfs in exchange for insane defensive buffs.

Things like:

What you are asking is insanely too good. Stability is already considered as the best boon in WvWvW setting. Stability counters all that knockdown locks + stun etc. Now thief would have pretty much permanent stability with just using infiltrator’s strike + shadow return. And endure pain everytime entering the stealth. That is also too much. Warriors have 90 s cooldown on that skill for a very good reason.

Deniara / Ayna – I want the original WvWvW maps back – Desolation [EU]

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

in the meta the thief is the best glas canon killer!!!

To bad 99% of the meta builds are bunkers / balanced builds…. but no more glass canons.

Sure the Larcenous Strike now helps to deal with bunkers… but even without all the buffs most bunkers can win easy against thief.

I just don't get it.

in Thief

Atherakhia.4086

Things like:

What you are asking is insanely too good. Stability is already considered as the best boon in WvWvW setting. Stability counters all that knockdown locks + stun etc. Now thief would have pretty much permanent stability with just using infiltrator’s strike + shadow return. And endure pain everytime entering the stealth. That is also too much. Warriors have 90 s cooldown on that skill for a very good reason.

Shadowstep is a skill on a 50 second cooldown. 5 seconds of stability will allow the skill to be used effectively as an offensive tool instead of primarily a defensive one. I was not advocating skills with different names using a similar mechanic as granting stability.

Endure pain for 1 second when entering stealth would do nothing but reduce the damage of directed attacks at the point of stealthing to 0. How many people have had rapid fire channel into them despite stealthing for example. It would resolve this problem.

Granting stability for 1 second when leaving stealth would also have limited real value. Instead, it would act as a way to catch stray AE’s knocking the thief down and out of stealth.