I'm bored of running from every guy I see

in Thief

Posted by: Renegade.6240

Renegade.6240

I can’t really understand, I tried all the builds -though I don’t understand some items, like zerker armour, valkyrie armour, there isn’t any items named like those- I have about 2300 power with my thief, but I do about 500 damage with my auto attacks, back stab ? Well I don’t remember since i rarely can backstab somebody because the time i cast cloak n dagger I have about 2k hp left
What should i do ? run back to warrior ?

in Thief

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

What should i do ? run back to warrior ?

I was confused with your situation until I read this

in Thief

Renegade.6240

Though my warrior is level 17, thief was my first character :/ People say warrior is easy thats why I said that

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Kaboomski.1508

Sir Kaboomski.1508

Use valkyrie gear or mix soldier/zerk gear. Traits 2/6/6/0/0. Pick whatever major traits you want. Use Dagger/Pistol. Get used to initiative and learning not to blow it all spamming a bunch of skills. Once you get used to it you can use other weaponsets and experiment with other things. Once you find the groove with thief it will be easier to live with so little HP.

Playstyle is completely different from warrior so you just have to put up with failing miserably a million times until you get used to the feel.

(EDIT) also, I’m assuming you’re talking about WvW… if so, if you are not lvl 80 yet, you are going to have a tough time because you will get hit REALLY hard. I would suggest zerging in Edge of the Mists or following a map zerg in one of the BL’s to train XP. (make sure you have a shortbow with you).

in Thief

Renegade.6240

Yes I’m talking about WvW and my thief is 80, got a question tho, what is the zerk gear actually ?

in Thief

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

Yes I’m talking about WvW and my thief is 80, got a question tho, what is the zerk gear actually ?

Armor and weapons with berserker stats, Power, Precision and Ferocity. You can search the TP for “berserker” and you’ll see!

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

in Thief

Renegade.6240

Ah, I already have berserker gear

in Thief

ozmaniandevil.6805

I will add that understanding armor and weapons and all the different stats they have is imperative to do well at level 80. Are you in all exotic gear or are you still in masterwork or rare? This will make a huge difference in WvW. Masterwork has way less power than exotic gear. I suggest doing some reading on the forums and in the wiki. You’ll thank me once you’ve done it!

FYI, I am not a gamer. Had never played an MMO before, nor a role playing game. I started with a necro and did ok until I hit level 80 and was in Orr.. dying… ALL the time. Why? Because I had no idea I was using sub-par armor and weapons (prob level 50 or something). Now that I know all about gear, I main my necro again and kick butt.

in Thief

ozmaniandevil.6805

Ah, I already have berserker gear

Is it the correct level? Is it exotic?

in Thief

ozmaniandevil.6805

Are you using all the trinkets? Are you at least using exotic trinkets? Are you making sure you’re using top tier runes and sigils? You may want to read through this sub-forum for some builds and get an idea of what you may be doing wrong if you’re not hitting hard with a thief. Are you using food buffs? Are you traited properly?

in Thief

Renegade.6240

Yep my armour and weapons are all exotic, trinkets are half/exotic and rare, I think the traits are alright because I look them from other liked builds, but I don’t use food buffs

in Thief

ozmaniandevil.6805

Hmmm, well, as Sir Kaboomski has mentioned, perhaps then it’s a matter of learning to play the class a bit better. Or maybe try taking some builds to PvP, see how you do and change up accordingly. At least there all your stuff is “free”.

Maybe post your current build here and let some knowledgable thieves comment on it. Perhaps you have some synergy issues.

in Thief

Renegade.6240

in Thief

Posted by: Tengu.5267

Tengu.5267

Just a few things that I’ve noticed. you are currently using “force” on both your daggers.. these don’t stack.. so effectively gimping some of your damage. look into either Air, or Blood sigils for the open slot.
Ruby orbs are ok, but you might want to look into scholar runes. you are also missing secondary weapon set. (you can use shortbow, or dagger/pistol etc..)
utilities, Infiltrator’s signet might be a better option for you, over Assassins signet. (the added stun break really helps)

Human Thief-CD

in Thief

Renegade.6240

Thanks, I actually have SB as 2nd, just forgot to put it

in Thief

Posted by: Mindtrick.5190

Mindtrick.5190

Tip : be one with your short bow

Got Ninja?
https://www.twitch.tv/mindtrick714
<3 and Hugs no Hate I Just Point Out Fail.

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Op watch videos on youtube of good thiefs you can learn alot that way.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

I don’t use food buffs

MUST USE Food/Utilities!!!!

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

in Thief

ozmaniandevil.6805

I don’t use food buffs

MUST USE Food/Utilities!!!!

This is especially important in WvW, where conditions are heaped upon you. Usually you’re going to want to use some -condi food at the very least. There’s some that is expensive and give -40%, but some that is waaaaay cheaper that give you -36%, so you don’t even have to spend a ton on the food.

in Thief

Posted by: MightyMicah.7451

MightyMicah.7451

Op watch videos on youtube of good thiefs you can learn alot that way.

This is key. You need to be able to understand the fundamentals of going about attacking your foe. Watching YouTube videos has done wonders for me. (I’m not all that good, but I used to suck pretty bad so the difference margin is huge lol)

This is that new sound. Ya’ll ain’t ready.

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Im just gonna put a list of things, you can grab stuff from it as you wish

List of good youtubers to watch:
Yishis
Nightblade
xAkromaify

Build suggestions:
For your traits in crit strikes use side strike, practiced tolerance (this helps with hp probs), and hidden killer and in shadow arts use shadows embrace, cloaked in shadow, and shadows rejuvenation. (Don’t need infusion of shadow as initiative regen is high enough to maintain a cloak and dagger backstab rotation on a d/d build)
For gear I like using berserker weapons (with superior sigil os fire and air) and trinkets (meaning amulet, rings, accessories, and backpack) and Valkyrie armor (power, vit, ferocity) with superior runes of the pack.

Food Buffs:
Mango pie for extra regen (you can also use either spicy or curry butternut squash soup depending on how you want to buff yourself I like the extra sustain so I take the pies) and use sharpening stones as your wrench shaped symbol thingy buff

Hope this helps and good luck with thief!

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in Thief

Posted by: Mayama.1854

Mayama.1854

Dont expect to kill anything if you are low level in WvW. Help others, play supportive and apply damage to enemies that focus on your teammates.

Every real lvl 80 character will wipe the floor with you in 1v1.