I'm level 37, no funding. What's the quickest way to 80?

in Thief

Posted by: Ethertonian.7021

Ethertonian.7021

I’m a level 37 human thief, and I’m tired of slowly collecting hearts then grinding pointlessly on mobs. I am in Divonas Rest (Or whatever it’s called) and have only one gold to spend. I want to get to level 80 as quickly/easily as possible (preferably a mix of the two). Anyone got good tips?

in Thief

Posted by: Relentless.6709

Relentless.6709

Do events in the area. Gather everything (herbs, mines, trees). Craft items off the discovery pane. Profit.

in Thief

Posted by: Dreamer.9072

Dreamer.9072

Well each dungeon run, story or explorable will give you roughly 1 level, also gives you good monetary rewards, so there’s that. Try for map completions aswell, very good rewards and nice exp.
Advise you to save that 1 gold, you’ll need it at level 40 to buy your trait unlock btw.

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

First off, what do you want to do at 80 that you can’t already do?

You want to WvW? Off you go right now.

You want to PvP? There’s nothing stopping you.

You want to run dungeons? Most of them are accessible while leveling.

You want epic dragon fights? Those too are only a few levels way.

I say this because you’ll be doing exactly the same at level 80 as you are doing now.

But if you still insist on level quickly, buy a crafting booster and level a crafting profession. If well prepared you can do 20 levels in an hour.

in Thief

Posted by: dubwise.3941

dubwise.3941

Always have a food buff or xp booster. I lvld my thief and cooking together, you get xp for crafting and the items u make.

in Thief

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

If you can enough crafting materials and crafts smartly it really helps a lot. I was able to go up like 5 levels today on crafting in one sitting.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

in Thief

Posted by: Cyricus.2981

Cyricus.2981

Find a spot where you can chain events back to back and do hearts in the downtime, stock up on crafting/buy mats and knock them out when the going gets slow to boost you to the next level range.

in Thief

Posted by: Slight.8329

Slight.8329

Enter the mists—boom, level 80.

Baelin Von Blackmor – 80 Thief – Blackgate

in Thief

Posted by: Bust Nak.6150

Bust Nak.6150

Do WvW at peak time, follow a zerg and cap undefended supply points and kill enemy dolyaks.

Lionguard Lyns fan club member.

in Thief

Posted by: Ethertonian.7021

Ethertonian.7021

Do WvW at peak time, follow a zerg and cap undefended supply points and kill enemy dolyaks.

That’s what I’ve been mainly doing. I found a really good guild that has been zerging the enem BL in WvW. I spent all yesterday doing it, and it’s quite fast. It’s just not fast enough :I

in Thief

Posted by: Spifnar.4712

Spifnar.4712

Doing it the “in-game” way, there is no substitute to just exploring, grinding hearts, events and gathering. Note that being an obsessive gatherer helps tons when levelling an alt, as you have lots of extra mats

Doing it the “shortcut” way: Get a bunch of gold. Buy mats from the TP, craft a skill to 375, getting about 9 levels each time. Cooking and jewelcraft are the cheapest. You can hit 80 in 5 hours this way.

Note that fully gearing at 80 is pretty expensive, and there is no substitute for gold when gearing exotics…other than dungeon runs or karma farming. Other costs:

L40 book: 1g
L60 book: 2g

So a good compromise of fast and cheap would be:

1) Craft/heart grind to 50. TP buy a full suit of L50 green gear, weapons and gems (they’re about 1.5s each…cheap).

2) Run dungeons until 55-60. Do not spend badges on any gear under L80

3) Craft to 65. TP buy a full suit of green gear

4) Run dungeons until 70-72. Do not spend badges on any gear under L80

5) Grind Straights of Devastation, Malchor’s Leap and Cursed Shore events/hearts. 100% these zones for decent rewards. You are now L80

6) Gear yourself up with L80 exotics from badges/karma and cash.

in Thief

Posted by: brandon.6735

brandon.6735

Do hearts/DE/explore the map. Crafting is also another easy way to get lvls. You gain 10 lvls for each crafting profession you lvl to 400.

Guardianhipster
Thiefhipster