I will be scared of Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Gabriell.4856

Gabriell.4856

Omg look at those buffs. 1 full shatter already gets us really low and now it will probably instant down us. Their phantasms will do crazy damage. Their stealth will also last double duration so we have to leap 3x thru BP or we will get caught desealthing before they do. They will be my first target every time I see one…

in Thief

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

fear the mesmer.
its real.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Thief

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Omg look at those buffs. 1 full shatter already gets us really low and now it will probably instant down us. Their phantasms will do crazy damage. Their stealth will also last double duration so we have to leap 3x thru BP or we will get caught desealthing before they do. They will be my first target every time I see one…

Don’t worry. The trait you mention about stealth was in our defensive line. Shatter builds have never used it. You guys our still our biggest worry.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Thief

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

Lol. Thieves will be absolutely insanely strong. I don’t see how you could possibly fear mesmers when you have 1200 range steal, panic strike, 2x ectoplasms, and everything else. You can even get immunity to mes sword #3 if you go acro as 3rd traitline.

Mesmers are now even more scared of thief.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in Thief

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

haha I think its comparable to spiders and some humans:P Where mesmers are the spiders and humans are the thieves(A).

in Thief

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Don’t forget you can pick PS and executioner now along with SA full line AND all those tasty steal buffing traits in trickery.

I’m just glad the double bundle trait shares position with executioner.

in Thief

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

Improvisation is very interesting too! Though I think they removed the damage increase of Improvisation (which it technically never had since a Stolen bundle was never counted as a bundle) so I think most people will go for executioner.

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

Improvisation is very interesting too! Though I think they removed the damage increase of Improvisation (which it technically never had since a Stolen bundle was never counted as a bundle) so I think most people will go for executioner.

definitely on no-trickery-builds, yes
not sure about trickery-builds but i actually thing youre right, while stolen bundles can be nice they are situational and you sometimes cant even afford to use 1 stolen bundle

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

Lol. Thieves will be absolutely insanely strong. I don’t see how you could possibly fear mesmers when you have 1200 range steal, panic strike, 2x ectoplasms, and everything else. You can even get immunity to mes sword #3 if you go acro as 3rd traitline.

Mesmers are now even more scared of thief.

so how is it? Scared?

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: Rai.9625

Rai.9625

I must say I really like fights against shatter mes/mes in general. The ratio against them is around 50/50 in terms of loosing and winning.

Stay at bay, kite him and jumping in for the kill. I’d say the battlefield for us and them have become more even. For me at least. Though I still run simply DA/SA/Trick, BERS, D/P & SB (Vamp Runes for more chance to survive and double Air/Fire Sigil)

One thing I enjoy as traits are Dagger Training (hehe almost every heal of my opponent gets cut) Panic Strike, Impro

In SA I use our standard for condi cleanse and make my basilisk venom shareable and might buffing (this can really easily decide the battle if I +1)

Trickery is pending between Thrill of crime and flanking strike, bountiful theft and sleight of hand

in Thief

Posted by: Anonymouse.4760

Anonymouse.4760

Yup, Mesmers can one shot you with a mirror blade mind wrack combo.
But I don’t see why there are so many Thieves complaining and cowering in fear —
Mesmer is one of the most highly telegraphed classes in the game. If you miss a steal or eat a mirror blade it’s almost always your own fault.
If you’re having difficulty fighting them, create a Mesmer and get a feel for its weapon skills and animations, as well as its traits and cooldowns. This should help you vastly with the matchup.

Katsumi

in Thief

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

But I don’t see why there are so many Thieves complaining and cowering in fear —
Mesmer is one of the most highly telegraphed classes in the game. If you miss a steal or eat a mirror blade it’s almost always your own fault.
If you’re having difficulty fighting them, create a Mesmer and get a feel for its weapon skills and animations, as well as its traits and cooldowns. This should help you vastly with the matchup.

it is no longer THAT telegraphed when they have such high stealth uptimes.
they burst you from stealth and it is a burst that can’t even be predicted because thieves you can dodge like 2-3 seconds after they stealth but mesmers they can stay in there for up to 40+ seconds if they want to so you have no idea when the burst is coming

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Thief

Posted by: Anonymouse.4760

Anonymouse.4760

it is no longer THAT telegraphed when they have such high stealth uptimes.
they burst you from stealth and it is a burst that can’t even be predicted because thieves you can dodge like 2-3 seconds after they stealth but mesmers they can stay in there for up to 40+ seconds if they want to so you have no idea when the burst is coming

I thought somebody might say that — However Mesmers typically open with mirror blade out of stealth, the projectile can be seen. And if they do it point blank just dodge as soon as the first bounce makes contact with you, that way you will evade the other bounces and the mind wrack. Don’t try to random dodge against a Shatter Mesmer in stealth, just try to get yourself into stealth with DP or kite with infiltrator return on SD.
Hope this helped!

Katsumi

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

OP, given your past posting history, 0/10

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Just wait until you find a mesmer running a mix of high damage shatters and a stunlock build… kitten’s scary as it’s basicly an improved version of our Basilisk Venom and Backstab…

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

Just wait until you find a mesmer running a mix of high damage shatters and a stunlock build… kitten’s scary as it’s basicly an improved version of our Basilisk Venom and Backstab…

Try s/p 6 0 0 6 6 with the right traits, utilities and gameplay you can destroy every freaking shatter mesmer

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Thief

Posted by: Benevolence.8019

Benevolence.8019

Try s/p 6 0 0 6 6 with the right traits, utilities and gameplay you can destroy every freaking shatter mesmer

So you want us to take a no-stealth weapon set to fight one class.

Aside form arguing about whether or not S/P is actually a counter to mes (though I agree it stands more of a chance because of the easy evasion messing with shatters), lets not forget that it sucks against mostly everything else.

taking a spec to deal with 1 class is dumb.

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

So you want us to take a no-stealth weapon set to fight one class.

Aside form arguing about whether or not S/P is actually a counter to mes (though I agree it stands more of a chance because of the easy evasion messing with shatters), lets not forget that it sucks against mostly everything else.

taking a spec to deal with 1 class is dumb.

I’m just trying to suggest different ways to deal with those nerfs we got to acrobatic line. While the s/d set might seem worse, I think s/p was actually buffed with the last patch. I agree that many other classes are in a better spot than us tho, but that not means that we need more buffs, maybe just sligthy nerf on others

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Well unless you’re running the cheese mode d/p that is plaguing the thief community Mesmer’s are a real threat with this update. Give them 1 second to lock you down and you better think fast or you’re mince meat. This patch hurt a lot of thief defenses which were already lacking, our damage bonuses don’t put us ahead by anything worth bragging about.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Well unless you’re running the cheese mode d/p that is plaguing the thief community Mesmer’s are a real threat with this update. Give them 1 second to lock you down and you better think fast or you’re mince meat. This patch hurt a lot of thief defenses which were already lacking, our damage bonuses don’t put us ahead by anything worth bragging about.

Uhh D/P against the stun lock of a mesmer doesn’t assure victory and in most cases leaves ya dead