IMO shadow arts trait line is way op

in Thief

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Guardians don’t get everything in one tree. Shout cooldown and shout condition removal, both of which are extremely important, are in another tree. A popular trait build for Guardians is 0/0/30/30/10. 60 trait points devoted to survivability. Of course, Thieves can build something like 0/10/30/30/0, but it’s not particularly common. Almost any trait distribution that takes some form of survivability will put 30 (or at least 20) points into SA (Edit: into SA first. It’s extremely uncommon to put points into acrobatics before SA)

are you comparing [guardian] and [thief] ?

[guardian] = [heavy] armor + [low] health pool
[thief] = [medium] armor + [low] health pool

basically,
[guardian] = boons, support, etc
[thief] = stealth, burst, etc

you cannot compare them.
it is like trying to compare apples and oranges.

(edited by Deimos Tel Arin.7391)

in Thief

Posted by: Sunflowers.1729

Sunflowers.1729

Guardians don’t get everything in one tree. Shout cooldown and shout condition removal, both of which are extremely important, are in another tree. A popular trait build for Guardians is 0/0/30/30/10. 60 trait points devoted to survivability. Of course, Thieves can build something like 0/10/30/30/0, but it’s not particularly common. Almost any trait distribution that takes some form of survivability will put 30 (or at least 20) points into SA (Edit: into SA first. It’s extremely uncommon to put points into acrobatics before SA)

basically,

you cannot compare then.

Tell that to the guy who’s been comparing them the entire thread.

Edit: And all I said was that Guardians didn’t get all their survivability traits in one tree. Do you have anything against that?

Edit:

Um.. If you think that line is OP look at the Guardian one.

30 Pts:
300 Toughness, 30% Extra Damage.

Aegis an attack when your health reaches 50%. (NO INTERNAL CD, YOU CAN HEAL/Block ANOTHER attack, or a tick can tick and you can block multiple hits if you stay around 50%!)

Cure a condition every 10 seconds.

Lots of good abilities

Altruistic Healing (WTF… Omg?!) This alone heals for more then every warriors healing abilities.

I didn’t see anyone have a problem with that earlier, so why now?

(edited by Sunflowers.1729)

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

basically,

you cannot compare then.

Tell that to the guy who’s been comparing them the entire thread.

Edit: And all I said was that Guardians didn’t get all their survivability traits in one tree. Do you have anything against that?

Edit:

Um.. If you think that line is OP look at the Guardian one.

30 Pts:
300 Toughness, 30% Extra Damage.

Aegis an attack when your health reaches 50%. (NO INTERNAL CD, YOU CAN HEAL/Block ANOTHER attack, or a tick can tick and you can block multiple hits if you stay around 50%!)

Cure a condition every 10 seconds.

Lots of good abilities

Altruistic Healing (WTF… Omg?!) This alone heals for more then every warriors healing abilities.

I didn’t see anyone have a problem with that earlier, so why now?

I didnt see anyone who have problem with SA tree earlier, so why now? Before this it was qq thief op qq nerf stealth qq nerf burst qq nerf mug qq nerf bs qq deletethief. Now its fewm might stacks that are op. I say qq nerf guardians because 2 of them can burst me down in 1 spin2win skill in AoE, while keeping huge amounts of survivability, even if my thief is build sturdy. But w8 I shouldnt bee there when they start spinning and that would fix my problem with them, no nerf needed ty.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

in Thief

Posted by: Azraeel.1238

Azraeel.1238

I’m just pointing out that your rebuke made no logical sense. Besides, Guardians don’t get everything in one tree. Shout cooldown and shout condition removal, both of which are extremely important, are in another tree. A popular trait build for Guardians is 0/0/30/30/10. 60 trait points devoted to survivability. Of course, Thieves can build something like 0/10/30/30/0, but it’s not particularly common. Almost any trait distribution that takes some form of survivability will put 30 (or at least 20) points into SA (Edit: into SA first. It’s extremely uncommon to put points into acrobatics before SA)

Also, please tell me, how does anything I said indicate that I have an issue with stealth? And even if I do, it doesn’t make your arguments any less leaky.

Finally, I don’t have any idea what your last paragraph is saying. All that I am saying is that you cannot define “overpowered” as being “best at everything”. By that logic, we could buff Engineers to do 5000% damage to players, and since that doesn’t make them any better at doing dungeons (another aspect of the game), then it would not be ‘overpowered’. Evidently such a definition is pointless for anything because it is too simple.

Oh but i said “almost everything” and not “everything”. I know exactly how important the Honor tree line is to be a perfect support, I have a guardian, and run with 0/0/30/30/10. However, they can survive just fine without it as it provides self heal along with toughness, especially if they went for a role different than support. This is just like thieves who need to build into Acrobatics for the extra endurance. Going for both stealth and evade will give thieves more survivability, but way less damage. Anyways, I think the point is clear enough, the trait line is fine as it is, it doesn’t give you everything to be perfect. In fact, Yishi’s build who successfully does 1vX fights, does not have the remove condition when stealthed major trait.

My last paragraph was perfectly clear, you just didn’t want to understand it to try to prove your point. If you buff the engineer that much, then no class out there can counter them, which denies my second statement in what I said few posts back. In pvp, as long as there is a class out there that can kill your class, then it isn’t OP. People need to learn the difference between filling a role, and being OP in what they do.

80 Necromancer (Main) | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 80 Warrior
Engineer and Elementalist in progress…

in Thief

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

OP

You are not the first and will not be the last to raise issue with this class major leap advantage to the remaining classes.

First of all, it’s a Shame how this intentionally unfairly un-balanced class has disintegrated the core balance of classes in the game.

This class was not created or designed in error; it was carefully put together to be Superior in all stats, to crush the core balance of the classes and the game.

You may ask why would any anyone do that? Well, some do, even in the real world.
It all comes down to Favoritism and there’s nothing new about it either.

The Favorite One get’s the best of everything; is immune to almost everything, is given the strongest defense, strongest opposition, is Perfect in the eyes of those/the one who Favors, Pride and Arrogance is the Favorites’ One “Air”, has no weakness or mistakes, everything the Favorite One does; good or bad is quickly forgotten, forgiven and Rewarded at the end….

Some of us know how disintegrating and disastrous it will result at the end; not only to the Favorite One.. being, but to all those who are around him/her.

That is why we are witnessing the diminishing of the game population; no one want to be treated or feel inferior anymore. No one want to be afraid of being who they are. anymore. No one want to be Punished for standing up for themselves anymore.. No one want to be treated as the ‘cause of the Problem’ anymore. No one want to be called a “whiner” for crying foul anymore, No one want to be ‘silenced’ for crying out for help anymore. No one want to feel and to be treated ;un-advantage, under-privilege, un-fairly, taken advantage of, un-worthy and be belittled anymore.

Even in the real world, we witnessed the disastrous, heartbreaking end results to the Favorite One being; being alone.

It takes someone with courage, integrity, remorse, dignity and a conscience; especially (one who was chosen as the Favorite One), to turn around and question, “what have I done”?
“why”?
Something must be done.
Something must change.

I Applaud you Op

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)

in Thief

Posted by: Raidium.3916

Raidium.3916

^ I agree… As a thief I barely use any sort of toughness since I mainly use stealth. I kind of wish vitality was tied to Shadow Arts but that would be kind of OP. 15k health And stealth, what a deal.

Toughness is actually way better than vitality when you have spamable cleanse and healing. SA is quite a sweet spot there . Not saying its op because of that. If u read my post you will know its the bugged minor 25 trait when it’s abused in dp build.

d/p can barely reach 3000 attack if you invest 30 into critical strikes and 25 into shadow arts… It would ONLY be wise to put 25 into shadow arts to gain might to compensate for your loss in power from deadly arts. Yes SA is amazing but if you’re going to stealth all the time with d/p build, why in the world would you need any sort of toughness? You can simply hide and escape from the damage using stealth. I hardly ever get hit in PvP/WvW because of stealth, so toughness wasn’t really needed but is a nice addition. I prefer vitality because I use both infusion of shadow and patience in my trait along with 25 into SA for the might stacking, so I lack condition removal outside of signets and shadowstep which has a pretty long cooldown.

(edited by Raidium.3916)

in Thief

Posted by: xmtrcv.5236

xmtrcv.5236

In this thread, people who complain about Thieves without attempting to understand them. And also, forgetting other classes have better options to stack (more) might.

In the SOAC tournaments, some Elementalists (on the all Elementalist team) were running around with 25 stacks of might. The casters pointed it out more than a couple times, yet I don’t recall a single Thief on the all Thief team complaining that was OP. I was amazed and slightly jealous even, lol.

The Shadow Arts is about gaining additional benefits from Stealth and Healing. Be it condition clearing (once for every three (3) seconds of Stealth) or some paltry Might stacking.

And since channeled abilities and pets do not drop target on Stealth, it’s nice to have some side benefits while in and coming back out of Stealth. Especially since I will take damage in Stealth from channels and pets/clones/phantasms just re-aggro me the instant I am Revealed.

Still wondering where this sudden complaint meta for SA came from? It’s almost as if continuous nerfing of Thief damage (and other things) is not enough. Now that Mug cannot crit, let’s choose some other random line to complain about.

The only thing wrong with SA is Last Refuge.

All this to complain about Hidden Assassin and Shadow’s Rejuvenation. /sigh

Damage Dolly
we all began as something else

(edited by xmtrcv.5236)

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

new flavor of the month thief hate. thats all this is. lock and close thread plz