IR not cleansing Fear (a condition)

in Thief

Posted by: Momekic.8603

Momekic.8603

First off, a request to Anet, even though it probably won’t get answered, I figured Id add my voice as a Sword thief since the beginning of the game:
Please revert the change to Shadow Return (now the horrible Infiltrator’s Return) to the way it was before.

Okay, with that out of the way…..If you aren’t going to revert it back, can you at least change it so that it is usable.

Currently, in addition to the cast time lasting longer than 1/4 of a second, to add salt to the wound, IR doesn’t even cleanse Fear (a Condition, not a stun).

From the Guild Wars 2 Wiki:
“List of conditions: Bleeding, Blind, Burning, Chilled, Confusion, Crippled, FEAR, Immobilize, Poison, Torment, Vulnerability, Weakness.”

“Skills that remove conditions: Shadow Return” (THE FIRST SKILL LISTED in this section)

Since Infiltrator’s Return is supposed to cleanse a condition on use, please fix this so that it cleanses Fear (I reiterate, it is a CONDITION, and NOT a stun).

Should I post this in the bug forum? Or does anyone else here have a better rep there maybe that should post it there instead.

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Does it remove fear or not?

Some person tried explaining to me how IR removes fear since it’s a condition. But it has never cleared fear for me personally which is why I’m skeptical to believe him.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Well considering you can’t use IR when CC’d anymore and fear is definitely a disable ability, you wouldn’t be able to clear it whether it counts as a condition or not. When it was instant cast I don’t think sword cleared it. I believe stability stops it too (but necros are probably using corrupt boon on you when you pop your elite anyway). Shadow return is also a stunbreak which cancels out control effects.

As if thieves needed a harder time with necros

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Dagins.5163

Dagins.5163

You are not supposed to use sword in PvP since 10 dec. Please use another main hand weapon, so we can enter the paradise of build diversity.

PS: Tbh, I don’t know if IR can be nerfed any further. The only possible next nerf would be removing this ability, but some people would consider it a buff.

Signed, level 1 alt

in Thief

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

This is a game and playing a class, in this case thief, should be funny and enjoyable. Devs are doing everything in their power to make the class frustrating.

in Thief

Posted by: Domey.9804

Domey.9804

the instant IR did remove fear. the new cant due to casttime.

in Thief

Posted by: Momekic.8603

Momekic.8603

Does it remove fear or not?

Some person tried explaining to me how IR removes fear since it’s a condition. But it has never cleared fear for me personally which is why I’m skeptical to believe him.

It doesn’t but it should. Regardless of the cast time, if I’m affected by Fear and its the only condition on me IR should cleanse it, and the cast time should ignore it.

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

Well considering you can’t use IR when CC’d anymore and fear is definitely a disable ability, you wouldn’t be able to clear it whether it counts as a condition or not. When it was instant cast I don’t think sword cleared it. I believe stability stops it too (but necros are probably using corrupt boon on you when you pop your elite anyway). Shadow return is also a stunbreak which cancels out control effects.

As if thieves needed a harder time with necros

The sad part is that many necros said before the patch that S/D thieves had caused them to be a practically inviable class.

Yeah, I know what you’re thinking.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: Oxygen.5918

Oxygen.5918

You can’t stomp with it anymore either. This wasn’t just a nerf to mobility, it was a nerf to utility and survivability through non-instant condi removal.

I was the best at burning things. Especially bosses that
didn’t move.