Idea: Damaging an In-stealth Thief -> Grunt

in Thief

Posted by: DreamOfACure.4382

DreamOfACure.4382

So, people are super frustrated because thieves can constantly reapply stealth, making them hard to pin down, even if they’re nearby because you have no way to tell where they went.

What if… They grunted or cried out in pain when hit?
Then you would at least have a sense of which direction they are in.

Details

• Condition damage can only trigger the audio once every so often (otherwise, bleeds and poisons would ruin Thieves)
  • Direct damage applies on a 0.5 sec cooldown (If you’re that good, be rewarded for it)

This way, players have a way to triangulate the invisible enemy with a touch of luck followed by skill to predict where they went next.

Only Down-side:

• Deaf players gain no benefit. :(
    Possible solution would cause the players a spidey-sense effect that indicates what direction the Thief is. (Visual cue tied to the audio cue)
“Bleeding, Poison, Confusion, Torment, they all look delightful on you.”

Lv80s: Guard, Thief, Necro. Renewed my Altaholic’s card on the HoT Hype-Train. Choo choo~

in Thief

Posted by: evilapprentice.6379

evilapprentice.6379

That’s what your auto-attack is for – if you hit the second attack in the chain, congratulations, you hit the thief.

If you’re a thief and haven’t
pre-ordered HOT at this point,
save yourself the money and don’t bother.

in Thief

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

The thought of a condition call “Grunting” makes me giggle. But seriously, I suspect they won’t make any more changes other than the NPC/pet aggro one they just did, until they fix fulling and re-assess stealth at that time.

in Thief

Posted by: ensoriki.5789

ensoriki.5789

Use a melee weapon.
Look at your skill chains.

The great forum duppy.

in Thief

Posted by: Ikaros.7812

Ikaros.7812

First thing I imagined was a longbow ranger’s rapid fire channeling a stealthed thief. “Ow! Gah! Ugh! Sonova-! Nngh! Kitten!”

Banana And Cookies [BC]
all is vain

in Thief

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

I track them using my melee auto attacks, it’s really not that hard.

I did some wvw recently and i’m 100% convinced that culling is the only real issue with thieves. The delay between the dark smoke thingy (effect that appears at the location the thief or whatever uncloaks) and them finally becoming visible is just ridiculous.

At worse if fixing culling is not enough they need to increase the revealed debuff slightly but that’s pretty much it.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

in Thief

Posted by: Rayya.2591

Rayya.2591

Audio is used maybe by 10% of players in wvwvw. Majority use music or teamspeak

http://imgur.com/a/fKgjD
no.1 WvW kills

in Thief

Posted by: Noktern.1395

Noktern.1395

So, people are super frustrated because thieves can constantly reapply stealth, making them hard to pin down, even if they’re nearby because you have no way to tell where they went.

So what is the point of stealthing then if i stealth and everybody knows where i am? Seriously , if you ever play thief then the only saving-your kitten stealth skill is Shadow Refuge. CnD ’s Stealth only give total of 4sec Stealth in maximum, its if the thief isnt immobilized or whatsoever control applied.

(edited by Noktern.1395)

in Thief

Posted by: Highvoltage.7946

Highvoltage.7946

I’d rather him yell out “ha, missed me!” or “didn’t hurt!”

in Thief

Posted by: Ekemeister.8905

Ekemeister.8905

Backstab only does double damage from behind, not the sides or front, from behind. Also thieves get 3 seconds of stealth and a 3 sec revealed debuff if they attack. On top of that, cnd cost six initiative, base cost ofc. And before you start some nonsense that thief can teleport in stealth, shadowstep removes stealth.
Therefore, find a rock or tree and put your back to it. Then spam something. Also, when thief goes stealth it’s rather obvious so ride the lightning away, and keep running. When his 3 sec are up, mash the 14k hp out of him. Lastly, whittle the thief down using ranged. I’m pretty sure cnd range is around 130 not 900.
Lastly, if you’re complaining b/c you’re a glass build that went squish b/c you strolled down the middle of an open road in wvw and got ganked, plz stop trolling Anet. Or at least go complain about mesmers or something. Or better yet, don’t make such an easy target of yourself. Or travel with a group of friends like a pack of females headed to the loo (a suggestion, not an insult). WvW and sPvP are team events anyway, and thieves in Gw2 already had the group utility half nerfed out of them anyway.
Please learn from this and tell your friends too. Or you can keep QQ’ing and say a thief ganked you on the forums.