Im a 100% Thief and I have to bear this...

in Thief

Posted by: Kvothe.3260

Kvothe.3260

- Being Kicked from random Dungeon groups. (Nobody wants Thief in his group) Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior are the top clases.

- Being kicked from random Team Tournament PvP groups. (Some1 asks: 1+ roamer for 5v5 pvp team. I say: Here im Thief. No please we dont want Thiefs)

- Being kicked for random fractals groups, once again nobody wants Thiefs in their groups.

- Develop still 4s in sPvP, this has no sense, even when in all other modes WvW and PvE develop is only 3s. Thief is more weak and useless in PvP (because run away and stealth arent that good for taking points and holding) than PvE or WvW, why then develop is 4s in the hardest mode for a Thief?

- We have an SPECIAL TRAP in WvW ONLY FOR US!!!! 30s without stealth? Are you joking or what?

- People dont want stealth in Thief, people dont want evades on Thief, people dont want crics in Thief. Wait? What Thiefs supose to do? 1111111 autoatack?

- Thats what Anet is forcing…

- But this isnt end yet, THIEFS ARE OP.

PD: The only time I saw Anet preview playing Thief were in fractals and the only thing they can do, was spamming 1 SB autoatack, and being 95% time death…

in Thief

Posted by: Spine.2763

Spine.2763

People whine to much, good thieves are always improvising with their environment and have great versatility in their builds. Keep kicking kitten we wont be forced out, unless the minion master population keeps increasing. Gang kitten isnt all that fun

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

You forgot one thing;

- Starting a group as a Thief is a lonely venture. No one wants to join your group.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Posted by: LuRkEr.9462

LuRkEr.9462

People whine to much, good thieves

Part of the problem is you are generally kicked before you even played as good thieves are few and far between. A subpar of war or guard can easily out do the average thief in dungeons and pvp. I generally just run with guild groups as they know I won’t be the one dieing.

in Thief

Posted by: Swimfan.8014

Swimfan.8014

@Spine
You didn’t listen: He can’t even prove himself bc. he’s DIRECTLY kicked out of a group.

@OP
I know what you mean man :/
I love my thief but it seems as if I have chosen the entirely wrong class to play as at the moment. Our survivability doesn’t allow us to play the way we’re supposed to play in PVE so we practice some survival-bulls**t instead. We can stealth but the only thing ppl. see in this feature is the way it works when we run away from them, stealing them their glory of killing us.
In a way the first class I leveled to max (Mesmer) seems to be the only class ingame that works the way it should: Ok damage but great support and many ways to stay alive. Thief is also really nice to play but if some tank class like Warrior almost does the samage dps work we do, where’s the fun in taking the ultimate risk of hiring a thief?!

And you know what the worst part is here? I don’t see how thief will become better to play (mainly PVE) any time soon.

in Thief

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

To be fair, nobody ever uses the stealth trap (and I’ve only seen the supply trap used once in actual play before). That being said, it goes to show how badly ANet hates thieves.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

btw, that dev spammed unload in preview…not sb 1…<_<

i don’t get kicked from dungeons because i am the one who opened them heeeeheeee
i don’t get kicked from pvp team because i killed my teammates in duels before heeehee

i do understand where OP comes from, as a thief you have to be the one starting the initiative; nobody will come and ask you to join them, nobody will gladly invite you unless you proved them you are good

i could log on my necro (which all honestly i am not so great at) and people will gladly take it for pvp team w/o questioning my skills on that character.. same goes for my warrior…yet all i see is constant QQ about thieves simply because the class is not designed to fight toe to toe like training dummy, this is the sad side of this game

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

(edited by Cynz.9437)

in Thief

Swimfan.8014

To be fair, nobody ever uses the stealth trap (and I’ve only seen the supply trap used once in actual play before). That being said, it goes to show how badly ANet hates thieves.

To be fair it has to been said that they don’t hate any class, the balance team just doesn’t have any clue what is going on.
No wait, I was wrong, watch the live stream They seriously tell you (laughing!) that everyone needs to roll a Warrior and jape about buffing an already op skill before talking about some minor nerf. They are kids, playing the game, supporting their own favorite classes. They don’t play thief, thief was (unfortunatly) too strong in the beginnings, was nerfed and now just let alone in the woods to die. No hate, just ignorance.

in Thief

Posted by: Shatters.7315

Shatters.7315

The last time my thief has been kicked out of a fractal, is like 4 months ago. And i do fractals (49) every day . I just make sure im not the 3d thief to join the party, i read the party description and i communicate. Thieves are a wonderfull addition to any fractal or dungeon group, assuming you know how2play thief.

Then again, i got full ascended with 85AR and 7k AP. Maybe that has something to do with it as well?

The only place were this is actually a problem for me, is Tpvp. And even there thieves have a decent role (better then ele’s or rangers).

So, no offense. But either you are in NA and the NA community is alot worse then EU (unlikely), or it is something else, besides being thief. Are you sure you are reading the party description before joining? Are you saying “hi” when entering? Are you walking around with 3 signets? Do you have <2k AP? Or are you wearing full CoF armor?

TLDR; Somehow i can manage playing a thief without ever getting kicked for being one, but you cant. Try searching for the awnser instead of blaming it on your class, because it is likely you are doing something wrong.

(edited by Shatters.7315)

in Thief

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

Link to Anet playing fractals?
Never saw or heard something about that…

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Am I the only one who doesn’t get kicked from things due to the fact that I’m a thief? L2P much?

“-_-

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

1. You probably run into some mean people. I havn’t had the misfortune of being kicked for being a thief, but I don’t doubt that those people exist. Dunno what to tell ya.

2. Same deal. Even with the horrible set up of 4 thieves 1 Mesmer in tpvp, no one “kicked” one another let alone left. We fought and without question, had our buttocks handed to us.

3. Similar to the first.

4. Often spvp has to take some hard exclusive hits for the sake of balance. In spvp all classes have less options, for the sacred ground of pve and wvw, they don’t want everyone to suffer so some things are done separately even if it makes for an uncomfortable transition between game modes.

5. We aren’t he only ones with stealth. More so, it isn’t that affective even if you were to place it right in front of an enemy veil, because even without stealth you can trigger it, some roamer can come by and ruin it. It’s not that great of a trap for wvw.

6. People cry as long as there are people listening. Just look at the “why do people complain?” thread and see the mockery that is made of them.

7. not sure.

8. Generally along the lines of what the thread is about.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

NinjaEd.3946

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/3299578

Hope you laugh as much as the guy narrating this tragic tale in the background.

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

Funny, after 2000 hours on my Thief none of that has ever happened to me.

The only thing close is having to relogg a different character when you find yourself with 2-3 Thieves on your tPvP team.

But that’s not really anyone’s fault. I just wish the match-making would take class into account and not stack 3 of the same into one team.

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

It’s quite rare too for me to get kicked right upon joining a group. Some things that might help are
- having a lot of AP
- avoiding the zerker warrior only listed groups
- only joining groups with guardians, makes everyone feel confident
- avoiding groups with other multiple thieves

in Thief

Posted by: Geiir.7603

Geiir.7603

That’s just sad. A P/P thief with scorpion wire and signet of shadows in fractals?! This just proves that they have never really played thief or understand anything about the profession…. :/

Melder – Thief

in Thief

NinjaEd.3946

That’s just sad. A P/P thief with scorpion wire and signet of shadows in fractals?! This just proves that they have never really played thief or understand anything about the profession…. :/

I sincerely doubt that guy is a part of the balance team but still they chose him to represent thief on an official ANET PATCH PREVIEW. I mean if they care so little about their image for thief just throw your hero warrior in there and have him not die over and over. How is anyone supposed to look forward to a patch if the preview just has the camera dead or downed all the time?

in Thief

Posted by: Tachii.3506

Tachii.3506

It’s clear thief is more of a punishing class to inexperienced players than the heavy classes in the game. We’re usually squishy and lack heals unless we’re specifically traited in Shadow Arts. Whereas Guardians and Warriors can be full zerk and have more survivability due to more heals, more useful boons, and just more HP.

It’s also clear dungeons/fractals are biased to certain classes than others (Guardians/Warriors/Eles/Mesmers are all you need for optimal runs). This is because Thief is usually a class that encourages selfish play. Again, unless you’re traited in Shadow Arts, without Venom Share, we have very little to contribute to the party. The only thing we usually contribute is blind fields and stealth. But both are luxuries that really are there if other party members are inept in dodging or skipping paths.

We can excel at DPS, but when you have a warrior that can do banners + Eviscerate + Hundred Blades, or an elementalist that has a fiery greatsword in a stacked wall fight and an ice bow against stationary targets, or a mesmer that can time warp and maintain reflects, our DPS doesn’t shine as much.

Long story short, at the moment, other classes does dungeons better because they’re less punishing and can out performs us in any area we excel at. But if you’re a good player, it shouldn’t be much of an issue. However, it is clear there are … certain prejudices when you see a thief in a dungeon. I main as thief and a party setup becomes questionable when I see multiple thieves in a party for dungeons.

SBI – Thief and the occasional Guardian & Warrior.

in Thief

Posted by: icewyrm.5038

icewyrm.5038

It all comes down to the tools in your toolbox. Guardians and Mesmers both have lots of useful tools for dungeons and fractals. Every other class has either less access, more difficult access, or no access to some of these tools.

It’s just an unfortunate fact that so much of the PVE content has been designed with an emphasis on having the above tools in your parties lineup to reliably succeed.

Still, thieves are at least in a better place than engies, warriors, necros or rangers when it comes to party wide projectile absorption/reflection skills and reliable long duration stealth is still an asset in various times and places so it’s not all bad news to be fair.

in Thief

Posted by: rogerwilko.6895

rogerwilko.6895

- Being Kicked from random Dungeon groups. (Nobody wants Thief in his group) Mesmer, Guardian and Warrior are the top clases.

well now…. I for one never saw a thief getting kicked because of his profession.

Oh, and I main a zerk necro. Try joing pugs as necro and then re-think your posts.

Edit: nvm, ALL your post is greatly exaggerated anyway.

in Thief

Posted by: Requiem.8769

Requiem.8769

I run dungeons daily as a thief. Not been kicked once. Same for fractals.
Two days ago I ran a 29 fractal with 3 thieves. It went amazingly well; exceedingly quick without a wipe.
In short, the class is fine; it’s the player that matters.

edit: this is NA.

in Thief

Swimfan.8014

Hmmm if all of you speak true there is a deep gap between awesome groups who play just4fun and those who think they “informed” themselves about the current balance situation.
The solution to my/your problem is simple: If you get the feeling that you get kicked too often, open groups using the LFG system that are advitised as “Open for all classes” or something like that. I really appriciate the feature to give your group-search a name. This is a point where Anet really planned ahead.

in Thief

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Kicked from group? Funny… I saw many times guildies asking specially for thief for high lvl fractal runs.

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

you’re kicked right as they see you’re thief, no chance to do anything.

All is vain.

in Thief

Posted by: Jakkson.4076

Jakkson.4076

Thieves have never been any good at PVE compared to other classes. You wanna PVE play something else. It’s sad but it is what it is…

Don’t hate the player hate the game

in Thief

Posted by: slender.1482

slender.1482

I play soley thief since game release and done fractals since their release and not once have I been kicked from a fractal group for being thief. I don’t understand the obsession with berserker gear. No matter how good you think you are you will die in berserker gear. Stop using it in fractals.

Thief Prime [BC] – thief Borlis Pass

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I play soley thief since game release and done fractals since their release and not once have I been kicked from a fractal group for being thief. I don’t understand the obsession with berserker gear. No matter how good you think you are you will die in berserker gear. Stop using it in fractals.

Up until recently I’ve ran fractal 49 with pugs daily without ever being kicked on my thief. I’ve been kicked one time when on my warrior because everyone kept dying (keep in mind there were 3 necros and one mesmer… Yeah.) while I survived, and they blamed me for their incompetence. Not to mention how many times I banner rez’d them without thanks. Running S/P and swapping utilities for high blinds/group stealth and running SoM is a lot more useful than most classes. You shouldn’t be kicked simply for being a thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Interceptor.2653

Interceptor.2653

Career Thief since beta. Never been kicked out of a dungeon/fractal/whatever group, ever.

in Thief

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

Runned thief as my first class, Enjoyed it so much i made a second one.
I dont have the prejudice problem for dungeons because i actualy open them myself.
North america isnt such a bad place i dont recall ever behing kicked out of a team actualy im prety much the one who kicks people and these are generaly bad guardians or warrior who despite the fact they run a meta just dont know how to play. Saw like 3 of those wannabee yesterday AHhhh kicking warriors and guardians feels glorious when they suck.

Truth is long as you got enought achievement point a good AR and a fine looking gear no one will question your viability unless you prove them wrong (wich ive seen from time to time… just how come a player had a legendary weapon and 6k AR yet managed to fail so much as if brain dead… makes me question how he even got to lvl 80)

Other trick is to run the instance you want to run with a friend so that if some idiot tries to kick you you get invited right after or kick the guy who tried to kick. Lol ive ran a run with 3 friend once and the pug guy tried to kick the necromancer of my teamate because we were all glass cannon cept him (he wanted to try MM), We all vote kicked him out then that low life whispered me to ask why he got kicked (laugh a lot). Thing is if you affraid of the kick dont go alone go with friends or guildmates

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Well, I don’t think I’ve ever been kicked after a dungeon started, but most of the time I run with a group of friends/guildies, and we run pretty far off meta. When I do pug, I usually have run [insert dungeon] a fair amount and can walk through people who have never done it. If you’re really having trouble, make the group and people who don’t mind thieves in groups will join you.

Also, last night I played tPvP for the first time in a while and we won 2/3 games that we played. We had a bunker/condi necro + power/modified ammo engi on back, and a power necro + hambo war on mid with me roaming in between. I was a 0/30/25/15/0 D/D backstab build. I would recommend finding a really good, inclusive guild and doing content with them.

Tl;Dr: Groups will make judgements based on bad thieves they’ve had before. Run with friends so they know what you’re capable of.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

kyubi.3620

Mainly best thing you can do not to get kicked is not to be a jerk. I kick jerk on sight especialy those who put the party life at stakes on purpose because they are stubborn.

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Mainly best thing you can do not to get kicked is not to be a jerk. I kick jerk on sight especialy those who put the party life at stakes on purpose because they are stubborn.

we’re talking about scenarios where someone is looking for 1 more and you’re like can i join? and they’re like what class are you you say thief, and they’re like no.

>_<

Ofcourse now we have LFG tool and you just don’t get added and you see the 5th member filled is a non-thief and you see wuts up behind the scenes.

I am a thief and I see the following scenario often:

-Party leader is a warrior, group fills instantly.
-Party leader is a thief, it’s empty for…ever. Even as a thief, I don’t want to join a party lead by a thief…I’m sorry my own class but I’d rather join a group started by guard/war.

All is vain.

(edited by Excalibur.9748)

in Thief

kyubi.3620

we’re talking about scenarios where someone is looking for 1 more and you’re like can i join? and they’re like what class are you you say thief, and they’re like no.

>_<

Ofcourse now we have LFG tool and you just don’t get added and you see the 5th member filled is a non-thief and you see wuts up behind the scenes.

I am a thief and I see the following scenario often:

-Party leader is a warrior, group fills instantly.
-Party leader is a thief, it’s empty for…ever. Even as a thief, I don’t want to join a party lead by a thief…I’m sorry my own class but I’d rather join a group started by guard/war.

funny i actualy avoid those kind of group because the guy either is a noob and dont know how to play or just is a total leroy. Tbh i dont look at how many achievement point or what gear a player wear i kick depending on what i see once the dungeon has begun and if the guy plays like a total moron and willingly risk the life of everyone i kick him reguardless of class, AP, AR or spec. I dont care if you believe your godlike. If you wanna be a Leroy ill watch you die before siting on your corpse while stealthed and then kick you out. It doesnt mather if we are mid dungeon, if you deserve kick youl be out and ill just pick up someone else because the world is ripe with player wanting to join in.

Since i run prety much all class i never have a problem join a dungeon anytime i want, its true however i dont play my thief as much as i play my ranger my warrior my guardian or my necromancer, the only class i play even less then thief is mesmer itself and for some strange reason mesmer is supose to be in the top tier.

(edited by kyubi.3620)

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

I can sympathize with this, because I’ve bumped into that numerous amounts of times back when CoF p1 farming was popular. Literally I would get kicked out of group, or denied into the group, PRIOR to the actual dungeon, just when the group is about to form up, on the basis of that they didn’t want a thief. However I’ve never been kicked during or after the dungeon… and actually got some complements a few times, as well as some connections to run with later…

- Being kicked from random Team Tournament PvP groups. (Some1 asks: 1+ roamer for 5v5 pvp team. I say: Here im Thief. No please we dont want Thiefs)

Haven’t bothered, considering how many QQ’s on the forums as well as how the general consensus is that the thief isn’t really good for tPvP.

- Being kicked for random fractals groups, once again nobody wants Thiefs in their groups.

Same thing as your first point. PRIOR to getting in people have just kicked me on the basis of being a thief, possibly to replace with another class. During or after the run, I haven’t been kicked.

- Develop still 4s in sPvP, this has no sense, even when in all other modes WvW and PvE develop is only 3s. Thief is more weak and useless in PvP (because run away and stealth arent that good for taking points and holding) than PvE or WvW, why then develop is 4s in the hardest mode for a Thief?

Adds onto your 2nd point about being kicked. As for WvW, the general consensus is that we’re gods at roaming… but other than that and gathering(wood,ore,berries…) (on par with other classes, maybe a bit better do to “how fast we roam”), there’s no other role in WvW.

- We have an SPECIAL TRAP in WvW ONLY FOR US!!!! 30s without stealth? Are you joking or what?

Not just for us. Any stealthed unit. Meaning, Mesmers, Rangers, and Thieves. It does hurt us the most.

- People dont want stealth in Thief, people dont want evades on Thief, people dont want crics in Thief. Wait? What Thiefs supose to do? 1111111 autoatack?

Generally there’s two types of QQ’ers…
1st type is the completely brainless one, that blames the stealth and being backstabed by the thief on the thief… In their arguments they will heavily relay on saying that stealth is OP with circular justification. (This is the majority of the QQ’ers you will meet) (Infract me please) Usually the story will always be how they got outplayed countless amounts of times by a thief and now they’ve reached the point of frustration (from the inability to learn and/or win against one) where they release their (yummy) tears on the forums…
2nd type is the more educated one, that realizes that there’s no way to “force detect” the thief out of stealth… yet rarely realizes that stealth is one of our main (if not the best) sources for survival given the current state.

- But this isnt end yet, THIEFS ARE OP.

Yup! You nailed it! We’re OP. You can justify it by saying “Stealth” and you will win the argument (since I will just forfeit, as it’s pointless). Ready up for every patch to contain at least one nerf! Next patch already contains at least a Choking Gas nerf! (However they said that there’s more good things in store for the thief, while also saying that not everything has been mentioned… so really there could be a hand full of good things, but several truck loads of bad things)
:D every balance patch is exciting, you never know what will be nerfed or “fixed”! Isn’t that great !

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

…just how come a player had a legendary weapon and 6k AR yet managed to fail so much as if brain dead… makes me question how he even got to lvl 80)…

Anyone can have a bad day, or a cat crouching up between mouse and keyboard.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

…just how come a player had a legendary weapon and 6k AR yet managed to fail so much as if brain dead… makes me question how he even got to lvl 80)…

Anyone can have a bad day, or a cat crouching up between mouse and keyboard.

Thing is… those thing don’t exactly show skill… they show you’ve spent a lot of time though.

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

in Thief

kyubi.3620

or that you got a lot of money from selling gems and got carryed in wvw and dungeons wich is the case for a small part of the player who runs a legendary right now.

in Thief

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Thieves are more annoying than OP.
A couple thieves working together can be OP and in some odd WvW situations a thief hanging around after you take a keep can be OP. So the stealth trap really was a way to deal with some of that.

But in all situations a thief is more of a self class versus a group help class (save venoms but that is relatively new in being effective). Sort of hard in a dungeon to find value in something that is more self centric than group centric unless it is the highest dps in the game (thieves normally are right up there in most MMOs). A thief is not bad but it doesn’t make the other players better. That is the root problem with dungeons.

in Thief

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

I like having a thief in my fractal 49 groups =o