Impact strike still invuln

in Thief

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

Several times since the last fix for it including the removal of the on down invuln have not made a difference on the frequently occurring unintended missed stomp. It’s a small time window but that invuln is still there for the third hit sometimes. It feels buggy and sometimes it doesn’t say anything. The skill just doesn’t hit. The animation happens but it doesn’t go through.

Btw this is in wvw. Was the on down invuln removed only for pvp and not wvw?

I mostly happens if the target goes into downstate just before the last hit.

Pancakes
Thief

(edited by TehHobNob.4687)

in Thief

Posted by: Lord Aargadon.4135

Lord Aargadon.4135

You could always check the patch notes instead of making a thread. Patch notes from the 18th say PvP only, so WvW should still have invuln frames.

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

Invuln change was only in pvp.

in Thief

TehHobNob.4687

I mean yeah it says pvp but one could easily assume that would mean other game types that actually include player vs player. That’s a pretty massive change and just breeds further inconsistency while maintaining the we won’t split the game types attitude. It’s just weird.

Pancakes
Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Coronit.9432

Coronit.9432

I mean yeah it says pvp but one could easily assume that would mean other game types that actually include player vs player. That’s a pretty massive change and just breeds further inconsistency while maintaining the we won’t split the game types attitude. It’s just weird.

No, you can´t assume that. WvW was always put into the pve category from anet being partially separated with stuff like confu or retaliation.

That inconsistency is what most people actually want. All gamemodes were separated in some points for a long time (revealed difference, damage coeffs, cd´s, stun durations [sword tatical strike] and so on). Its just lately that they SAID they would split.
Sad that they forgot to balance wvw, too. At least pvp is at its best point since HoT (still far from being great, but ok).

Maybe we can see the remove of invuln in downstate in pvp as testing and a chance it will be taken over to wvw. Who knows…

Thief for Live – Noc
Pls more Noc-Noc-Jokes…
How to counter Unrelenting Assault… Not anymore :<

in Thief

TehHobNob.4687

I want certain things to be split as well. Mesmer and rev changes for pve/wvw are a great example. I haven’t heard of anet stating recently they want to split skills. I’m looking and I hope that’s true. I hope you’re right. It would solve many issues.

As for how downstate works I don’t know the community’s opinion and I don’t think it has been polled so I have to disagree there. I’m personally in the camp that such a change should be universal.

Pancakes
Thief

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

I want certain things to be split as well. Mesmer and rev changes for pve/wvw are a great example. I haven’t heard of anet stating recently they want to split skills. I’m looking and I hope that’s true. I hope you’re right. It would solve many issues.

As for how downstate works I don’t know the community’s opinion and I don’t think it has been polled so I have to disagree there. I’m personally in the camp that such a change should be universal.

There were red posts about them splitting balance between all game modes, it happened a few months ago, plus in the patch notes it clearly specifies when a change is made for specific game modes, Pvp has always meant pvp only, it has never in the history of the game include WvW. WvW has meant only WvW and same for PvE.