Impact strike

Impact strike

in Thief

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Would you say this ability is fair?

Knowing that any any minute a thief can stomp me and i have absolutely zero ways of countering/fighting against it, really infuriates me.

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

Impact strike

in Thief

Posted by: apocom.3172

apocom.3172

Knowing that any any minute a thief can stomp me and i have absolutely zero ways of countering/fighting against it, really infuriates me.

Hm, and how often does this happen to you? I’m really curious right now.

Impact strike

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Stability is your friend, have that and just kite away. Plus if the target is not already down, it’s hard for the thief to time when to do it for the quick kill. I’ve manage it a few times. But doesn’t happen all the time.

Impact strike

in Thief

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

You don’t get to use an elite in combat if you go for this as a stomp. Sounds fair in the complete scope of a fight.

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

Impact strike

in Thief

JoshuaRAWR.4653

I’ve had it happen to me quite a few times now actually, where i’m dead almost as soon as the invuln frames pop from being downed, it’s insane, definitely takes skill and timing to pull off, but at the same time it feels incredibly cheap because it pretty much removes the downed state component of the game.

Impact strike

in Thief

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

Doesn’t it only stomp you if the final hit would have downed you anyway? It’s not like I can use this on someone with full health and stomp them if all hits connect.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

Impact strike

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Doesn’t it only stomp you if the final hit would have downed you anyway? It’s not like I can use this on someone with full health and stomp them if all hits connect.

Correct – you have to be extremely lucky to land this combo properly.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Impact strike

in Thief

Posted by: Silverbolt.2301

Silverbolt.2301

…definitely takes skill and timing to pull off…

There you go, you answered your own question.

Impact strike

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

…definitely takes skill and timing to pull off…

There you go, you answered your own question.

But is it fair that they’re more skilled and are able to pull the timings off?

(I think that’s the main question)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

Impact strike

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

If the guy is skilled enough to pull this off (and yes it does take skill and timing) than he would have been skilled enough to stomp you anyway.

Impact strike

in Thief

JoshuaRAWR.4653

If the guy is skilled enough to pull this off (and yes it does take skill and timing) than he would have been skilled enough to stomp you anyway.

Not true.

Certain classes downstates can buy them precious time, the elite locks them out of being able to do anything.

Impact strike

in Thief

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

They had to get you in to the downed state in the first place. The fight was already lost, so the Thief gets to finish it quicker before moving on. Why would that be immensely unfair?

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Impact strike

in Thief

Posted by: Saku Joe.2857

Saku Joe.2857

Impact Strike – yet an other skill that will be hard to balance. Devs put them-self in bad situation one more time. I’ve done some instant kill combo doing IS + steal dealing:
-2K steal
-2K IS
-5K uppercut
-4K pulmonary
-5K finish blow + insta stomp

Now the second and third follow up of ImpStrike are so hard to land making the skill miss almost 80% of the time, so I’m wondering sometime if it’s even useful…

Congratz Anet cunts, u finally made me uninstall your S H I T.

Impact strike

in Thief

Posted by: BrunoBRS.5178

BrunoBRS.5178

a thief is sacrificing their elite slot for it, and the combo can be interrupted at any moment through evasion, stability, aegis, blind, or interrupts.

i think it’s a high risk, high reward skill. it’s pretty hard to pull it off perfectly, but inrcedibly satisfying to do so.

LegendaryMythril/Zihark Darshell

Impact strike

in Thief

Posted by: Silverbolt.2301

Silverbolt.2301

Impact Strike – yet an other skill that will be hard to balance. Devs put them-self in bad situation one more time. I’ve done some instant kill combo doing IS + steal dealing:
-2K steal
-2K IS
-5K uppercut
-4K pulmonary

Now the second and third follow up of ImpStrike are so hard to land making the skill miss almost 80% of the time, so I’m wondering sometime if it’s even useful…

What are these? Fights against an imaginary enemy?…or…upleveled people?

Impact strike

in Thief

Posted by: Saku Joe.2857

Saku Joe.2857

-2K steal
-2K IS
-5K uppercut
-4K pulmonary

What are these? Fights against an imaginary enemy?…or…upleveled people?

Just hitting a zerker as a zerker (almost) my self in WvW..

Congratz Anet cunts, u finally made me uninstall your S H I T.