Improving Existing Skills & Utilitys

in Thief

Posted by: Kingsdavid.3598

Kingsdavid.3598

So following the thread Suggestion: Utility updates for sPvP I was think what are your suggestions on how to improve the skills and utilitys of the Thief not only in sPVP. It can be changing/improving weapon skills, Utility skill F1 skill or Elite skill.
So
Shortbow :
Disabling Shot – Make it shoot 3 arrows when jumping and make the leap range longer like the Coztic.
Cluster Bomb – Make the projectile move way faster (And remove the second cast to make up for it).
Remove Choking Gas and replcae is with a new skill.
Dazing Shot – after a small cast time you shoot a powerful shoot that dazes the target on hit.

Daggar/Daggar
Death Blossom – Change the ablility to make it like the Coztic shadow dagger attack that stuns you on first attack and hits you 2 more time with great power.

in Thief

Posted by: Deathrubber.3861

Deathrubber.3861

thiefs shortbow skill set is the most elaborated in the game. there shoulnt change a single code and i dont believe it ever will. every single one of these 5 skills are pure gold in every possible thief build.

in Thief

Kingsdavid.3598

thiefs shortbow skill set is the most elaborated in the game. there shoulnt change a single code and i dont believe it ever will. every single one of these 5 skills are pure gold in every possible thief build.

Can you plesae elaborated on the subject cuz maybe there is something I don’t see. Cuz to me it feels really doll. People often take the shortbow for it’s amazing mobility and if it hadn’t had the 5 skill most people wouldn’t take it IMO. And I really don’t understand how Choking Gas fits in the overall consept of the shortbow.

And BTW what do you think of the daggar/daggar change?

(edited by Kingsdavid.3598)

in Thief

Posted by: Cirrion.8951

Cirrion.8951

Can you plesae elaborated on the subject cuz maybe there is something I don’t see. Cuz to me it feels really doll. People often take the shortbow for it’s amazing mobility and if it hadn’t had the 5 skill most people wouldn’t take it IMO. And I really don’t understand how Choking Gas fits in the overall consept of the shortbow.

And BTW what do you think of the daggar/daggar change?

These changes would be bad for WvW.

Increasing the speed of SB #2 would allow us to rapidly spam blast finishers at range. Given that it is already spammable at close range I would not expect to see any improvements to this skill.

SB #3 has already been nerfed before, so I don’t see it getting any improvements.

SB #4 is hugely useful in WvW, either as an opener to allow whirl finishers for stacking poison, as a standoff weapon to hold zergs at bay, keeping poison up on enemy groups to reduce healing effectiveness or to place on enemy downed to slow rezzing.

D/D #3 change would completely change the nature of the D/D condi spec. I don’t see that happening ever.

in Thief

Posted by: Deathrubber.3861

Deathrubber.3861

blame the translator but i guess u catch my drift. restricting this to pvp only 1 is beautiful fast range aoe dmg. besides the condi/dmg from each skills they each serve good functions like blasts, instant evades, healing reduction and the superior form of movement: teleportation. the shortbow is no weapon to make the 1v1 but is gives u everything to survive and interfere.

your idea for death blossom reminds me of fist flurry. but if u really think one dubdagger would survive without an evade skill in pvp i guess u never rly tried one before.

(edited by Deathrubber.3861)

in Thief

Kingsdavid.3598

blame the translator but i guess u catch my drift. restricting this to pvp only 1 is beautiful fast range aoe dmg. besides the condi/dmg from each skills they each serve good functions like blasts, instant evades, healing reduction and the superior form of movement: teleportation. the shortbow is no weapon to make the 1v1 but is gives u everything to survive and interfere.

your idea for death blossom reminds me of fist flurry. but if u really think one dubdagger would survive without an evade skill in pvp i guess u never rly tried one before.

Ok I get the highly functioning weapon with alot of uses, but really in pvp and pve (Don’t know about WvW don’t really interest me) how many time have you switch from your main weapon set to your SB cuz you needed that Cluster Bomb (for the healing reduction) mostly (for me at least) you stick with your main weapon Staff or D/P or W.E and rarely you switch to the shortbow. I think that a weapon should stand on it’s own and you as a player would wanna switch to the shortbow cuz it has a good and different play style and not for 1 or 2 ability in that needed situation.

And I agree on the D/D ability that I offered, on second thought it really don’t fit. But I still think it needs to receive a change. What do you think, do it need change or is it just me?

(edited by Kingsdavid.3598)

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Most of the changes are unwarranted, particularly the ones to shortbow, for reasons explained above. The shortbow isn’t a PvE weapon and never will be because its sustained damage is too low. It’s got Cluster Bomb, but even a fast projectile won’t do much about the initiative costs and still low damage on its AA. For PvP and WvW purposes, the set is pretty much flawless as it is. Fun fact: Detonating the bomb does more damage if done within the target (getting the three hits) than letting it hit the ground, too.

For D/D, DB and Dancing Dagger both need tweaks. Dancing should absorb the condition damage and just be a three target cleave with normalized damage +50% and no bounces, and DB’s evade should be changed to a gap closer like Whirlwind Attack to give the set some better mobility and evasion since its out-of-stealth potential is horrible thanks to both of these skills unless playing cheesy condi D/D.

CnD still needs work, but that’s nigh impossible to resolve with the recent changes.

in Thief

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

Ok I get the highly functioning weapon with alot of uses, but really in pvp and pve (Don’t know about WvW don’t really interest me) how many time have you switch from your main weapon set to your SB cuz you needed that Cluster Bomb (for the healing reduction) mostly (for me at least) you stick with your main weapon Staff or D/P or W.E and rarely you switch to the shortbow. I think that a weapon should stand on it’s own and you as a player would wanna switch to the shortbow cuz it has a good and different play style and not for 1 or 2 ability in that needed situation.

And I agree on the D/D ability that I offered, on second thought it really don’t fit. But I still think it needs to receive a change. What do you think, do it need change or is it just me?

Shortbow is actually the only set that allows me to kill downed people in team fight, the choking gas + cluster bomb is perfect. AOE pressure, condi pressure to tone down the awfully fast rez this season and cluster crit > letting the bomb explode on the ground. ( yea, try harding AA and HS on downed + steal on the rezzing guy is also doable but, It’s annoying )

The blast finisher is also really nice as a combo with the stolen skill from rangers.

I would say that short bow is a really good support weapon and that it adapts to both power and condi builds

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]