Improving condition viability

in Thief

Posted by: Zodryn.4216

Zodryn.4216

I feel like we could use a bit of a boost to give us more competitive condition DPS for raids. Here is what I’d like to see.

Note: we have other issues and things that need tweaking, but i’m only focusing on conditions for this topic.

Dagger Training:
Increase duration to 3s. All skills that involve daggers count as dagger attacks (Dagger Storm, Impairing Daggers, Distracting Daggers, Impaling Lotus).

Dancing Dagger:
Add 1 stack of torment for 3s.

Choking Gas:
Increase stack duration to 3s and field duration to 5s.

Venoms:
Decrease cooldown to 30s, remove cast time from Skelk and Basilisk Venom.

Impaling Lotus:
Add a stack of poison for 6s or replace the bleed with poison.

Vital Shot/Sneak Attack:
Increase bleed duration to 5s.

Thoughts?

(edited by Zodryn.4216)

in Thief

Posted by: blarghhrrkblah.3412

blarghhrrkblah.3412

I feel like we could use a bit of a boost to give us more competitive condition DPS for raids. Here is what I’d like to see.

Note: we have other issues and things that need tweaking, but i’m only focusing on conditions for this topic.

Dagger Training:
Increase duration to 3s. All skills that involve daggers count as dagger attacks (Dagger Storm, Impairing Daggers, Distracting Daggers, Impaling Lotus).

Dancing Dagger:

Choking Gas:

Venoms:

Thoughts?

I would agree with these if PvE and PvP balance weren’t tied together.

Edit: Main issue is with the venoms having too short of cooldowns.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

Dagger Training:

Dancing Dagger:

Choking Gas:

Venoms:

Thoughts?

I would agree with these if PvE and PvP balance weren’t tied together.

Edit: Main issue is with the venoms having too short of cooldowns.

I agree with blargrandomletters except for the venom; venom should be 30s CD without traiting Venom Aura. Remove Venom CDR from Venom Aura.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

I knew that would be the main concern, but I don’t feel like it’s much of a problem. Venoms are primarily strong because of burst potential. Shaving 8s (24s vs 32s) won’t make that burst stronger, just make it available often. It won’t affect players who get melted by the first burst, or players with heavy condi cleanse. It will affect bunkers who survive the first burst and raid bosses, which are both good things.

Edit: for that matter, improv can give you two full rounds, yet people aren’t complaining about improv venom thieves. I don’t think anyone would even notice.

(edited by Zodryn.4216)

in Thief

Posted by: Kallist.5917

Kallist.5917

If they really want to improve Conditions, they also need to look at the Pistol. 1 could use a bit of a buff to make it worth using, as it stands right now, I dont even use my normal auto attack, at all. Its not worth the time it takes to fire the thing.

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

If they really want to improve Conditions, they also need to look at the Pistol. 1 could use a bit of a buff to make it worth using, as it stands right now, I dont even use my normal auto attack, at all. Its not worth the time it takes to fire the thing.

The auto is actually pretty good. I think the problem is sneak attack requires stealth, gated by both initiative and reveal, and shadow strike must be used in melee, but teleports you far from your target. The auto would be an ok filler if the others were easier to rotate in. Not sure how to fix that. Maybe make shadow strike usable as a gap closer and opener ala infiltrators strike?

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Impaling lotus needs an add as well. More stacks or poison in addition.

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

The base bleed on sneak/vital attack should be brought up to 5s IMO.

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

I’ll add those ideas to the OP. Lotus definitely seems like it should have poison.

in Thief

Zodryn.4216

Edit: lol I hit reply instead of edit on the OP. Smartphone screens…