Improvisation - Who uses it?

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

I havent been focused alot on the DA traits, as I’ve normally been using a x/6/6/x/x setup, and kinda forgot about those traits.

Improvisation actually restores all skills of one type (venoms, signets, traps, tricks and deceptions after stealing). Awesome? I think so!

I’ve read about people having their SR reset 3 times in one fight, etc.

What are your experiences about that trait, is it worth it over the other Master-traits?

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Static.9841

Static.9841

It’s random as to what it resets, so the question really is, do you feel lucky punk? well, do yah?

[Zeus] Guild ~ Desolation. Not some silly muffin thing, stop stalking me Dhiania!

in Thief

Posted by: mompen.7952

mompen.7952

Ohh! That I didn’t know. It would be a little OP when I think about it, if it really would reset all those skills (venoms, signets, traps, tricks and deceptions) after stealing :P

Still, kinda interesting tho. It’s always nice to, lets say, Shadow Step or SR reset

Kenny Shayde/Ken Shadowpaw-Theef|Spiteful Sithis-Necro|Kennyneer-Engi|Mr Hex Appeal-Mesmer

in Thief

Posted by: Omri.8196

Omri.8196

It’s one of the best traits in Deadly arts, you forgot to mention that it increases your damage by 10% after you steal, as long as you keep the stolen ability.

Most people overlook it because they can’t control it, but its really worth it when you basilik venom twice, or get two shadow refuges.

Xiloquin – [ 80 Thief ]

in Thief

Posted by: Mice.8921

Mice.8921

It’s one of the best traits in Deadly arts, you forgot to mention that it increases your damage by 10% after you steal, as long as you keep the stolen ability.

Most people overlook it because they can’t control it, but its really worth it when you basilik venom twice, or get two shadow refuges.

According to the wiki you are wrong :-(

“Steal is not a bundle; the damage bonus from this trait affects found items that replace the weapon skill bar such as Conjures and Banners.”

Otherwise it would be awesome…. :-D

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I use it. I have respecced many times and dropped it and miss it when it dropped.

I love the skill.

One can look at it two ways. One can go the all or nothing approach loaded up on one type of skill and hope it resets on a steal. If you have all venoms as example (few go that way) one in 5 steals they all reset and your ability to inflict damage goes up exponentially.

Or one can take all different skills wherein the odds of one of them triggering go up.

If it does not trigger one of your skills measure what is lost against what is gained if it does and I see it as “worth” it. You do not recall the times it does NOT trigger yet will recall the times it does.

I too have had lucky streaks where I had venoms in a venomshare build reset on three consecutive steals. It was awesome and really turned the battle in our favor. On the other hand, when it does not trigger it hardly means instant death or a loss.

in Thief

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

If you have an ele in your group dropping Fiery Greatsword or Ice Bow, then it’s an awesome trait. Swap it in and do more DPS.

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

If you have an ele in your group dropping Fiery Greatsword or Ice Bow, then it’s an awesome trait. Swap it in and do more DPS.

I used to just ignore those swords when they were dropped but having Imrpov on my bar I did use one a feel nights ago after an Ele dropped one while flipping a camp.

I mean WOW…deadly stuff.

That raises a question though> Does THIS bonus add to the 7 percent bonus from Rune of the Engineer?

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Posted by: Shockwave.1230

Shockwave.1230

It’s really strong on a 4/x/x/x/6 split for P/D with Infiltrator’s Signet, Shadow Refuge, X utility, and Basilisk Venom.

Frequent steal + guaranteed recharge of a utility skill if you spec the other utility for a trick

Sylvari Elementalist – Mystree Duskbloom (Lv 80)
Norn Guardian – Aurora Lustyr (Lv 80)
Mia A Shadows Glow – Human Thief (Lv 80)

in Thief

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

I use it in my standard PvE build.

Considering the alternatives I think it’s the best option. It’s also independent of your current weapon so you don’t have to constantly change it around.

FGS and Frost Bows are used often enough for the trait to make sense and the reset is a nice icing on the cake, even if it has very little practical impact.