Improvisation is too rng

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

New description: After stealing, the next skill you use will recharge all skills from the same category.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Posted by: Helly.2597

Helly.2597

I think its a little too rng, but its somewhat balanced around that. Honestly maybe the best change would be to make it guaranteed to recharge on utility slot that is on CD currently (only 1 not the category). This would keep the somewhat rng aspect, while giving it a much higher ability to actually be controlled and useful.

People call me Hobo.
Violent Tendency [vT]
Ferguson’s Crossing Roamer

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

Being able to use Stolen skills twice is pretty awesome though.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Posted by: Niels.5396

Niels.5396

It’s not as awesome as +20% damage below 50% HP

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Ricochet was removed due to “too much RNG”…

So…….. umm….. Improvisation has just the right amount of RNG?

I don’t even know.

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

i prefer Improvisation over Executioner, but I think recharging one skill that is on CD is better.
That would allow you to know which skill you recharge if you only have one on CD.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

But then if you ran only deceptions, you could recharge them on 20 sec cd. Might be too strong.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

But then if you ran only deceptions, you could recharge them on 20 sec cd. Might be too strong.

What’s the difference if it was something else?

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

The skill is fine as it is. That it a bit of RNG is ok with me as making it always recharge something on CD is a bit too easy. No thought involved.

As example let us say I use spider venom. I charge up my weapon with venom. I steal . I know I will get an instant recharge of venom. I now got 12 venoms in a row. Way too powerful.

Same with RFI or Shadowstep. With Improv changed to what is suggested I will always know i can instantly have two of these in a row to use. All I have to do is make sure no two skills on CD .

(edited by babazhook.6805)

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

The skill is fine as it is. That it a bit of RNG is ok with me as making it always recharge something on CD is a bit too easy. No thought involved.

As example let us say I use spider venom. I charge up my weapon with venom. I steal . I know I will get an instant recharge of venom. I now got 12 venoms in a row. Way too powerful.

Same with RFI or Shadowstep. With Improv changed to what is suggested I will always know i can instantly have two of these in a row to use. All I have to do is make sure no two skills on CD .

Or auto double heal.

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

Maybe if it recharged 1 skill guaranteed by chance instead of 1 kind. Would still be RNG but at least you know 1 of your available skills will get recharged.

(edited by WEXXES.2378)

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Tarkan.5609

I would only make it recharge one skill, but one on your skill bar thats on CD. Would be nicer imo.
Like this it can be a game changer or (at least this effect of the trait) totally useless.

PvP, Teef & Engi

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

Improvisation is simply not a gm trait though. Either they should merge it with some other weaker gm trait oor move it back to master level. It can’t compete with executioner or even sleight of hand
(Assuming one would move it to trickery.)

(edited by Eodwen.2613)

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Posted by: Decus.8602

Decus.8602

I would only make it recharge one skill, but one on your skill bar thats on CD. Would be nicer imo.
Like this it can be a game changer or (at least this effect of the trait) totally useless.

Kinda like this idea, but it would make it broken. Keep in mind that this would be a free recharge every 20secs, easily abusable for long CD utilities by waiting out the low CD utilities in stealth…

[dF]Vuu Thief/Mesmer – Desolation

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Shadow.1345

I think Improvisation is just fine as it is. Using a stolen item twice is pretty good and if you don’t like the item then at least you have it in the F2 slot. Also having a 20% chance to recharge your heal is nothing really to scoff at.

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Shadow.1345

Kinda like this idea, but it would make it broken. Keep in mind that this would be a free recharge every 20secs, easily abusable for long CD utilities by waiting out the low CD utilities in stealth…

Or having no other skill on CD and then Heal > Steal > Heal.

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Tarkan.5609

Improvisation is simply not a gm trait though. Either they should merge it with some other weaker gm trait oor move it back to master level. It can’t compete with executioner or even sleight of hand

I actually think it can compete with Executioner, really like being able to use my stolen skill twice… awesome against guards, power mesmer, thief and condi ranger, also kinda nice against d/d eles

PvP, Teef & Engi

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

Double chill is nothing to take lightly. Especially since it hits for like 2k

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

Improvisation is too rng

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

Oh it competes with both rather well. I pick it over executioner a lot. As to not competing with sleight of hand I just do not see this. I think it has superior utility to SOH gievn the double steal AND the possible reset of a skill.

This is an excellent skill as is and in its current placement coupled WITH sleight of hand is even better. (How can one argue against generating three dazes in 21 seconds ?)