Improvisation vs Executioner PVP

in Thief

Posted by: DrMatt.9408

DrMatt.9408

Guys I can’t choose :P Improvisation is really handy but I’m finding it hard to take down bunkers without executioner. I am running trickery with steal traits/CS/DA

in Thief

Posted by: Michael.9517

Michael.9517

Guys I can’t choose :P Improvisation is really handy but I’m finding it hard to take down bunkers without executioner. I am running trickery with steal traits/CS/DA

don’t try to kill bunkers…. thief should never 1v1 now, except vs other thiefs..

in Thief

DrMatt.9408

I know I mean at mid point team fights, feel executioner gives me the edge to get people down

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

I also have this dilemma often. I still value survivability over kills.

Improv. does a wonderful job, magically making you survive a fight against a bunker you had no chance against. Plus i don’t think you should tailor your build against specifically bunkers. That would not only just reduce your utility in a team, but also your survivability.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa

in Thief

Posted by: Jugglemonkey.8741

Jugglemonkey.8741

I’d choose based on what you’re fighting that game. Is the stolen item going to be useful? Lots of mesmers or thieves? Go improv. Necros, guardians and engis everywhere? Take executioner.

It also depends what’s on your team, if you’re co-ordinated with another dps class then improv is a better choice, if you’re playing with tanks take executioner imo.

Hope that helps :P

Critical Kit, Thief.
Don’t follow me, unless you enjoy being chased by angry men with sticks.
Power Build Condi Build

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

Executioner’s the way to go in spvp. Especially with the new Tempest trait that provies em with 40% dmg reduc when protection is applied. You’re gonna need that extra boost if you don’t steal it.

in Thief

Michael.9517

I’d choose based on what you’re fighting that game. Is the stolen item going to be useful? Lots of mesmers or thieves? Go improv. Necros, guardians and engis everywhere? Take executioner.

It also depends what’s on your team, if you’re co-ordinated with another dps class then improv is a better choice, if you’re playing with tanks take executioner imo.

Hope that helps :P

Duel aoe fear from necro…. pretty nice.

in Thief

Michael.9517

But overall, its a toss up. Both are really nice. It will depend on what team your with. If your going solo, I would run improv most of the time.

in Thief

Posted by: Sparda.9750

Sparda.9750

with the classic d/p u have to beat people down fast.. and improvvisation doesn’t halp u
with executioner u can blast in a couple of hits
your task is to outnumber foes, take em down and run
against others thieves u’ll probabily win thanks to exec
same with guardians and warrior
exec is amazing against engi, because u’ll probabily go SB

in Thief

Posted by: Interpret Interrupt.3824

Interpret Interrupt.3824

I find that it really depends on your style of play. If you are going into smaller fights, improvision is amazing because the chance of recharge can turn a fight (i.e. double heal, SR etc).
Executioner in a team fight is amazing with short bow just putting out so much extra damage to multiple targets.
Honestly, I just flip a coin each day and role with it. If you go zerker amulet though, take executioner. SO much damage, it is funny.

K Pop
The Warrior, The Necro, The F1 Connoisseur
http://www.twitch.tv/interpretinterrupt

in Thief

DrMatt.9408

finding executioner lets me jump into the melee, burst someone down and get the kitten out. improvisation more useful for 1v1. so ye, difficult choice

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Executioner gives you that added boost that makes thief noticeable on the team. Executioner alone doesn’t make thief but without it a lot of your damage can be neglected against moderately tanky builds that will just recover.

I always chose executioner to put me ahead of builds like that. The quicker the fight the quicker I can gtfo before someone comes and turns that 2v1 to a 2v2 and focus fire me.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Posted by: Shadow.1345

Shadow.1345

Don’t forget that Improvisation gives a 20% chance to finish your CD on healing or your elite.

in Thief

Posted by: Kocoff.7582

Kocoff.7582

Executioner gives you that added boost that makes thief noticeable on the team. Executioner alone doesn’t make thief but without it a lot of your damage can be neglected against moderately tanky builds that will just recover.

I always chose executioner to put me ahead of builds like that. The quicker the fight the quicker I can gtfo before someone comes and turns that 2v1 to a 2v2 and focus fire me.

I just tried out executioner in WvW. I always set up my build with Improv and I can say Executioner is a lot more reliable. with 20% extra damage, I get in, I get out.Quite simple and straightforward.

I just realized when you are against a player, as a thief, the point is to make the fight last as LITTLE as possible, and Improvisation does the exact contrary.

We often forget what our true purpose and role is : quick and dirty assassinations with little exposure.

Improvisation => survivability.
Executioner => Quick and clean kills =>survivability.

They both lead to the same result, but Executioner gets the job done fast enough to be ready for the next unfortunate victim.

Blackgate Server [RLR]
Thief – Raiden Hayabusa
Thief – Gouki Kurokawa