In new meta, thief useless.

in Thief

Posted by: Warhawk.7095

Warhawk.7095

I’ve been playing thief for a long time, and it’s had its ups and downs, but this last change has destroyed any possibility of the thief remaining a relevant class in the new meta. Seriously Anet, if you want to remove thief from the game just DO IT, and give us the option to change all of our ascended armor and weapons to heavy so we can all play warriors like you want.

M biggest gripe right now has to do with the ridiculous new condi meta. While most classes are getting buffs to condi removal in response, thief just gets nuked. Sure, you can now trait to remove ONE condition each time you use a trick. So if you set all of your utilities, including your elite to tricks, you’ll be running an ineffective build with the ability to remove a whopping FIVE conditions, AKA, 2 seconds of fighting an engie. Seriously nobody is going to blow an entire utility to remove just one condition, especially since so many are applied so quickly.
That only leaves us with our one tried and true condi removal, “Shadows Embrace”. HOWEVER, this was nuked as well. Not only does it now ONLY remove damage conditions, but it has been placed to where you have to choose between it and 20% deception cooldown. This means that you can choose “Shadows Embrace”, and deal with longer cooldowns, and less condi removal than before the patch, or you can choose quicker stealth cooldowns and get zero condi removal from them and get melted.

Just my gripes, but I know these forums, I await the responses of “nuh uh! thief was buffed!, and i can clear 15 condition a second with mah now useless sword!”

Anyways, if anyone from Anet reads this (lol, like they visit the thief forum), could you please change all of my medium asc armor sets to heavy now that I can no longer play my class?

Rogue Spectre [Main]/[SNKY]
Fergyson’s Crosswalk
WvW Roamer, lover, fighter, and reckless glass cannon

in Thief

Warhawk.7095

[Edit, I was also supposed to be angry about being forced into Shadow arts line just for condi removal]

Fergyson’s Crosswalk

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

It a case of too many changes at once. One does not make conditions more effective and easier to apply while at the same time weakening a given classes best means of condition removal. What should be done is wait and see the impact of all those conditions and than tweak as required.

It the same with Vigor. You do not remove feline grace and cut vigor return in half and make Vigor reliant on a successful evade and then remove the vitality and boon duration from the same traitline all at the same time.

I think it going to take a long long time to get this all back into some semblance of balance. It is not that the traits added or removed are bad , it just the full impact of how they all woked together as part of the whole was overlooked. Some of this will be player adaptation to be sure , but a whole lort more will be patches and tweaks.

in Thief

Posted by: Dusk.4708

Dusk.4708

Gasp we gotta actually try to use skills effectively instead of just click stealth all the conditions are gone gg noob! Maybe try using withdraw like 90% of the community does which cleanses all soft cc (immob,chill,cripple) IN ADDITION to SE which cleanses the damaging condis and omg here’s a thought dont get pro L33t and think you can insta kill everything anymore and actually play smart.

got an experts opinion on this issue here’s his response
http://new2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/5371127+_4b760e0502231c5266e8180e330ffada.png

SBI [Hero] Zero the Mechanist

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

I played a lot of sPvP last night. In the end I felt the most effective going D/D glass (in ranked even). Trying to sustain in close combat is extremely difficult right now with all the AoE flying around and the burn procs. Just going glass and sitting on the sidelines, you can get 2.5k autos and 5k cluster bombs. When you finally push someone in a favorable position for yourself, you just weaponswap and burst. Yeah, that makes it sound simple, but it’s edge of your seat gameplay, and if your timing or position is poor, you die. Right now with our offensive lines buffed and our defensive lines nerfed, you should just take advantage of our strengths.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

Gasp we gotta actually try to use skills effectively instead of just click stealth all the conditions are gone gg noob! Maybe try using withdraw like 90% of the community does which cleanses all soft cc (immob,chill,cripple) IN ADDITION to SE which cleanses the damaging condis and omg here’s a thought dont get pro L33t and think you can insta kill everything anymore and actually play smart.

http://new2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/5371127+_4b760e0502231c5266e8180e330ffada.png

After watching your videos I must say I hope you’ve improved drastically before making these kinda statements.

in Thief

Posted by: Eodwen.2613

Eodwen.2613

Yeah I tried theif a bit in hot join and I must say it doesn’t matter if i run 13k hp build with wurm runes or 17k hp build with full SA and even acro (marauder amu). Once you get hit you die 8/10. The sustain is non existent. Best way to survive is disengage before they target you. Also that signet of stone… I would like it so very much if anyone at anet can enlighten me how passive traits and dmg immunity skills (talking bout ranger necro engi war) promote active play. After all isn’t that the excuse for the acro line nerf?

(edited by Eodwen.2613)

in Thief

Dusk.4708

After watching your videos I must say I hope you’ve improved drastically before making these kinda statements.

yes I have, do you realize how old those vids are? its well over a year or two for each one, and its not really an insult to anyone if you took it that way, it more of a “quit your pitchin and adapt already” statement im sick of seeing complaints on these forums that the class is unplayable, it is just put in the effort to improve and you’ll have positive outcomes.

(edited by Dusk.4708)

in Thief

Posted by: Ragion.2831

Ragion.2831

It a case of too many changes at once. One does not make conditions more effective and easier to apply while at the same time weakening a given classes best means of condition removal. What should be done is wait and see the impact of all those conditions and than tweak as required.

It the same with Vigor. You do not remove feline grace and cut vigor return in half and make Vigor reliant on a successful evade and then remove the vitality and boon duration from the same traitline all at the same time.

I think it going to take a long long time to get this all back into some semblance of balance. It is not that the traits added or removed are bad , it just the full impact of how they all woked together as part of the whole was overlooked. Some of this will be player adaptation to be sure , but a whole lort more will be patches and tweaks.

This, so much this, i mean really. If i was part of a team doing balances I sure as hell wont balance blindly, how can a competent thinking design team change so many things at once and pretend to know the full effects of the changes on such a large scale. You make slight adjustments over time so people can adapt easier.

There has always been tremendous backlash when a company does an overhaul on anything people are used to already (e.g Windows 8 ).

It is so difficult to suddenly erase reflex actions you’ve acquired over many months. It would have made more sense to force a choice between effective stealth and effctive evades and then factor in skill. For example:

- Giving us off hand sword and moving flanking strike to a Sword/Sword set, then have the number 5 skill not have stealth on it.
- Having feline grace return flat endurance on a succesful evade with no cooldown
- Endless stamina improving vigor by 100% not 50%
-Better condi cleanse. what in the actual f!k is signet of Agility or Trickster supposed to do with a 1 condi removal Why should i be forced to run rune of lyssa and pick pain response over vigorous recovery? just to be able to handle 3k burn ticks and condi bursts.

I have ZERO interest in spamming stealth, it is not my playstyle. Having my evade playstyle destroyed just because stealth is also a possibilty is ridiculous. Have one be effective at the expense of the other not just nerf blindly.

The elite specilization had better be good or there is a high chance i will drop this game

(edited by Ragion.2831)

in Thief

Posted by: oEnvy.3064

oEnvy.3064

I’ve been playing thief for a long time, and it’s had its ups and downs, but this last change has destroyed any possibility of the thief remaining a relevant class in the new meta. Seriously Anet, if you want to remove thief from the game just DO IT, and give us the option to change all of our ascended armor and weapons to heavy so we can all play warriors like you want.

M biggest gripe right now has to do with the ridiculous new condi meta. While most classes are getting buffs to condi removal in response, thief just gets nuked. Sure, you can now trait to remove ONE condition each time you use a trick. So if you set all of your utilities, including your elite to tricks, you’ll be running an ineffective build with the ability to remove a whopping FIVE conditions, AKA, 2 seconds of fighting an engie. Seriously nobody is going to blow an entire utility to remove just one condition, especially since so many are applied so quickly.
That only leaves us with our one tried and true condi removal, “Shadows Embrace”. HOWEVER, this was nuked as well. Not only does it now ONLY remove damage conditions, but it has been placed to where you have to choose between it and 20% deception cooldown. This means that you can choose “Shadows Embrace”, and deal with longer cooldowns, and less condi removal than before the patch, or you can choose quicker stealth cooldowns and get zero condi removal from them and get melted.

Just my gripes, but I know these forums, I await the responses of “nuh uh! thief was buffed!, and i can clear 15 condition a second with mah now useless sword!”

Anyways, if anyone from Anet reads this (lol, like they visit the thief forum), could you please change all of my medium asc armor sets to heavy now that I can no longer play my class?

uh so I was kind of getting what you were saying until you mentioned being forced to choose between shadow’s embrace and master of deception, meaning you were running at least 4 in SA before patch. Meaning you really have no place telling us what is meta and what isn’t, I half assume you’re talking about “wvw meta” whatever that is.

Thief
twitch.tv/bey0ndb

in Thief

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

now useless sword!"

Sums it all up. Sword needs a traitline it synergizes well with. Like old acrobatics with IMPROVEMENTS rather than nerfs. It hadn’t been meta even before patch hit.

in Thief

Warhawk.7095

Oh so, every other class in the game and take care of their conditions with the touch of a button, but the moment a thief only has to do one thing for the same result they are a noob?

I’m sorry, putting 300% more effort than other classes into something as simple as dealing with conditions is not balance. Get off your horse and recognize that there is a problem here.

Fergyson’s Crosswalk

in Thief

Dusk.4708

Warhawk.7095

I see why my comment upset you..lol

in Thief

Warhawk.7095

Avoid’s comment, finds something arbitrary to comment on.

Clearly you don’t have anything to say,

Fergyson’s Crosswalk

in Thief

Dusk.4708

I already said my piece, no need to repeat it; gotta spec for stuff other than SA line to keep up, and play like an assassin wait for someone in a fight to get low and pounce then dissapear or if your an evasion thief, blink away. whats the issue your prob used to just insta cleansing condis by simply going stealth now u gotta trait and gear for it just like everyone else and honestly i wouldn’t complain, cause mesmers got only I think 2 or 3 ways to cleanse condis and two that I know of require a utility slot you got a better deal than them :/

in Thief

Posted by: Tharr.8154

Tharr.8154

I think we can all agree conditions are even more broken now then we ever thought possible. I think we can also agree that everyone who plays thief is a giant smelly loser. RIP warrior.

Tyroneasarus Rex
Pope of [BnnK], Chief Cheese of [AlDS]
SBI 4 Lyfe

(edited by Tharr.8154)

in Thief

Posted by: Scootabuser.4915

Scootabuser.4915

This post is hilarious because: most hard core spvp teams are running 3 thieves right now.

Insert Personal Achievements and/or Youtube Channel Here