Incoming Nerf

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: KeyOrion.9506

KeyOrion.9506

I don’t run thief that often. Although playing Guildwars 1 for nearly seven years, and Guildwars 2 since beta I can tell you one thing.

The more overused a specific combo becomes, the greater increase of a possible nerf to that combo.

I’m talking to every thief on every server now. You need to come up with some new combo’s or Anet is going to take one big long hard look at what the majority of players are running. You want a nerf, your going to get one, if you can’t come up with other possible uses for the thief.

If all everyone is doing is asking how to perma-stealth, you think anet is gonna lay back on that and let it go? You already shot yourself in the foot for your own profession. You have something good that doesn’t deal with stealth? Post it. All I’m reading in every single post is Stealth this and stealth that. And if that’s all a thief is good for, then your good for nothing else.

When I’m cute, I can be cute. But when I’m mean, I can be very very mean.

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

Sorry for being so op, please leave your message in the box we’ll call you if we become less op.

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

I used to main a Ranger in GW1 but in GW2 both the class and it’s community have become, shall we say, less appealing.

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

All I’m reading in every single post is Stealth this and stealth that. And if that’s all a thief is good for, then your good for nothing else.

In general group play beside being an excellent partner to those who drop combo fields this is rather close to the truth. Speaking honestly how is this our fault? That is the design of the class. Everything else is general DPS (A role fulfilled by any class). I think many thieves at this point are rolling with the punches and trying to keep what they invested in relevant vs quitting.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

KeyOrion.9506

All I’m reading in every single post is Stealth this and stealth that. And if that’s all a thief is good for, then your good for nothing else.

In general group play beside being an excellent partner to those who drop combo fields this is rather close to the truth. Speaking honestly how is this our fault? That is the design of the class. Everything else is general DPS (A role fulfilled by any class). I think many thieves at this point are rolling with the punches and trying to keep what they invested in relevant vs quitting.

You see right there, “excellent partner”. They’re bringing something to the group, I can understand that. But if the only build is going to be “you perma-stealthed, if not GTFO”, then that’s not OP. That’s everyone expecting only ONE type of play from the thief, and if the only thing everyone is going to run, then yah, your going to get nerfed. Expect it. It’s not an IF, it’s a WHEN.

Let’s use for an example a pretend World Event. We’ll call this event, Wild Magic. This particular wild magic, on a daily basis will lock one, or more skills from your bar, and it’s Skill specific.

What do you have besides Perma-Stealth, to deal with that? All I’m going to see is a bunch of kittening and complaining that the person in question couldn’t keep fully stealthed, and didn’t have any other build/choices to fall back on.

What does a thief fall back on, when it can’t perma-stealth? Variety is the spice of life. What variety do you have, that would focus attention onto something…different.

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Elxdark.9702

You see right there, “excellent partner”. They’re bringing something to the group, I can understand that. But if the only build is going to be “you perma-stealthed, if not GTFO”, then that’s not OP. That’s everyone expecting only ONE type of play from the thief, and if the only thing everyone is going to run, then yah, your going to get nerfed. Expect it. It’s not an IF, it’s a WHEN.

Let’s use for an example a pretend World Event. We’ll call this event, Wild Magic. This particular wild magic, on a daily basis will lock one, or more skills from your bar, and it’s Skill specific.

What do you have besides Perma-Stealth, to deal with that? All I’m going to see is a bunch of kittening and complaining that the person in question couldn’t keep fully stealthed, and didn’t have any other build/choices to fall back on.

What does a thief fall back on, when it can’t perma-stealth? Variety is the spice of life. What variety do you have, that would focus attention onto something…different.

You MUST go to tpvp and see how thieves deal without stealth.

Not spvp go to TPVP, do tournies and see how thieves play.

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Alternative Scenario: ANet looks at the class and says “Oh no! We’ve nerfed build variety and most survival traits lie in SA! Let’s buff Acro so so there’s some choice in terms of building defensively!”

In all honesty, SA IV and VI will probably be given an icd/have the icd increased, regardless of the fact that decreasing the effectiveness of blind on stealth would make D/P the clearly superior choice. ANet lately (for thieves) has the tendency to nerf the good traits to bring them down to the level of meh/bad traits.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

KeyOrion.9506

PvE, PvP, Spvp, Tpvp, WvW…..really? With the anocronyms. When anet focuses on one area, that change to skills will effect all the rest.

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

KeyOrion.9506

Alternative Scenario: ANet looks at the class and says “Oh no! We’ve nerfed build variety and most survival traits lie in SA! Let’s buff Acro so so there’s some choice in terms of building defensively!”

In all honesty, SA IV and VI will probably be given an icd/have the icd increased, regardless of the fact that decreasing the effectiveness of blind on stealth would make D/P the clearly superior choice. ANet lately (for thieves) has the tendency to nerf the good traits to bring them down to the level of meh/bad traits.

They want you to be frugal with the trait or skill. More brain, less brawn. They want you think, “is this a good second to use the skill, or should I hold it in reserve.”

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Elxdark.9702

PvE, PvP, Spvp, Tpvp, WvW…..really? With the anocronyms. When anet focuses on one area, that change to skills will effect all the rest.

No dude, stop making excuses cause you’re bad, go and do tournies see how thieves deal without perma-steath, then come back and say sorry to us.

(edited by Elxdark.9702)

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Fantastical scenarios about thing not in the game does not a point make. Being able to spam a combo field is not something on our class can do (see: Blast Finisher). In PvE a generic DPS build for S/P to S/D or P/P is fine. Perma stealth is not existent in PvE due the fact your out of it almost instantaneously if you are maximizing DPS. There is never a reason to sit in it during a normal fight save positioning. D/D is far superior to D/P because outside certain fractals the only personal defense you need is dodging.

I never understand theses post. In 3 sentences or less wth are you asking for or about? What point are you trying to make?

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

There’s not enough options to use different combos. o.O

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: mrmadhaze.8706

mrmadhaze.8706

I never understand theses post. In 3 sentences or less wth are you asking for or about? What point are you trying to make?

THIS

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

The more overused a specific combo becomes, the greater increase of a possible nerf to that combo.

True. Then why the kitten should I:

You have something good that doesn’t deal with stealth? Post it.

?

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Hi there Key,

I’m one of those “No-stealth” thieves, and honestly I’d prefer being a perma stealth thief purely for the reactions they get compared to playing without stealth. People have this notion that, if a thief doesn’t use stealth, they’re a bad player and only won out of sheer luck.

Pick your poison.

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

Hi there Key,

I’m one of those “No-stealth” thieves, and honestly I’d prefer being a perma stealth thief purely for the reactions they get compared to playing without stealth. People have this notion that, if a thief doesn’t use stealth, they’re a bad player and only won out of sheer luck.

Pick your poison.

^^^
Thieves will always be “noobs/easymode/cheese/permastealth abusers/OP” no matter what the build.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

THIS

I think what he’s (OP) trying to say is …:
If everyone plays the same build, that build will get nerfed.
So, find different builds.

Basically he’s like a prophet telling us that a kitten storm is coming if we don’t take heed.

:D I think that’s nice of him.

Attachments:

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

I don’t run thief that often. Although playing Guildwars 1 for nearly seven years, and Guildwars 2 since beta I can tell you one thing.

I’m talking to every thief on every server now. You need to come up with some new combo’s or Anet is going to take one big long hard look at what the majority of players are running. You want a nerf, your going to get one, if you can’t come up with other possible uses for the thief.

If all everyone is doing is asking how to perma-stealth, you think anet is gonna lay back on that and let it go? You already shot yourself in the foot for your own profession. You have something good that doesn’t deal with stealth? Post it. All I’m reading in every single post is Stealth this and stealth that. And if that’s all a thief is good for, then your good for nothing else.

this is actually 100% true. its not anet thats ….ignorant….its the players. they whine and QQ because they dont know how to play a pvp game intuitively and with quick reaction. i mean ignorant as a compliment not in a degrading way. if ur not ignorant than its just stupidity. so its a compliment…honestly. it justmeans you dontk now better or are uniformed. saying this so anet forum mods dont erase my comment bc they dont know the definition. sigh. anyway yeahthis is true bc every patch that is skill “adjusted” we get hammered hard. and i mean HARD. not 1 skills balancing patch passes without that happening. so why not have anet just do them all at once so we can figure out a build we like and stay with it so they dont keep changing it and annoying us….. Weeeeeeeeeeellllllllll…. this is bc even anet doesnt know. its not about what is OP or whatever….its all about what the average player can handle or defend against. the average player cant react quick enough to play against a GOOD thief so many of his builds are nerfed. same with warrior. the hammer build was SOOOO OP…but u didnt hear us thieves complain bc we would react and get out of the situation. if we didnt then 2 secs = death. no other classes dies as easily and fast as thieves regardless of build yet u dont hear 98% of these QQing. well we do about not being able to hang in there in group play but thats bc our defense is waaaaaaaaay too low. but i mean we dont complain about others skills being OP.

the OP hit the nail on the head. thats why 2-3 weeks before balancing patches i make sure i quit using the weapons / builds in the current flavor of the month builds. that way im already adjusted at balance day. pretty sick huh? i have to quit a build or playstyle weeks before a patch bc i know its going to be ruined due to lack of skill on others end. oh well thats the economy of a MMORPG. revenue controls decisions. happy players spend money. since thief is prolly about 5% of players online at one time….not like they have alot to worry about. yes 5%. go to LA any world event or dungeons or near crafters or spvp. 1/20 ish are theives. maybe 1/18 somteims maybe 1/25 maybe 1/16. but averages out to about 5-7% from what i see. laterall

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

KeyOrion.9506

[quote=3457428;Travlane.5948:]

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: WolfiKurisu.6894

WolfiKurisu.6894

I’ve only started playing 3 days ago, and I like the Thief, not for the Stealth, but for the faster combo’s they can get going along with their Condition inducing movepool.

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

That maybe true in the case of Thieves — never happen to Warriors.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Travlane.5948

Travlane.5948

you could higher thieves attack and lower their defense and they would still get nerfed even tho that would make them unviable in any sort of team format. QQ ftw

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

“you really think your damage will decrease simply because of cooldowns? are you serious? you’ll still do 7k backstabs. you’ll still do 12k unloads whether the cooldown is 0 or 20 seconds. i guess if the thief gets cooldowns, it won’t be the players the thief kills that need to ‘l2p’”
i’ll laugh my kitten off the day arenanet finally realizes that their two most appealing classes are incredibly broken(thief and warrior) that being said, rogue and warrior classes are always the strongest in every mmorpg to date. although being able to stealth every 3 seconds is pretty new.

PS: i can’t wait for this post to be flamed.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

“you really think your damage will decrease simply because of cooldowns? are you serious? you’ll still do 7k backstabs. you’ll still do 12k unloads whether the cooldown is 0 or 20 seconds. i guess if the thief gets cooldowns, it won’t be the players the thief kills that need to ‘l2p’”
i’ll laugh my kitten off the day arenanet finally realizes that their two most appealing classes are incredibly broken(thief and warrior) that being said, rogue and warrior classes are always the strongest in every mmorpg to date. although being able to stealth every 3 seconds is pretty new.

Actually, damage would most likely need an increase if they were given cooldowns. Right now backstab has a multiplier of 2.4 from behind. A warrior’s eviscerate has a multipliers of 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0 depending on the adrenaline level. Heartseeker also only has a multipler of 2.0 at it’s highest level (under 25% health), while final thrust has a multiplier of 3.0 at under 50% health. Our utility skills would also need a buff using Headshot vs. Magic Bullet as an example. Whether you want to believe it or not, our skills are already balanced around repeated usage and would need buffs if they were balanced around CDs.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Lightsbane.9012

Actually, damage would most likely need an increase if they were given cooldowns. Right now backstab has a multiplier of 2.4 from behind. A warrior’s eviscerate has a multipliers of 2.0, 2.5, and 3.0 depending on the adrenaline level. Heartseeker also only has a multipler of 2.0 at it’s highest level (under 25% health), while final thrust has a multiplier of 3.0 at under 50% health. Our utility skills would also need a buff using Headshot vs. Magic Bullet as an example. Whether you want to believe it or not, our skills are already balanced around repeated usage and would need buffs if they were balanced around CDs.

if used properly, heartseeker is fine with a ~3s cooldown. i mean you’re really arguing that both warrior and thief are broken. strange thing is, warrior does all of this with cooldowns and a ton of interruptable skills. their risk of failure is higher than a thief’s risk of failure to hit, since dodging something you can’t see can be kind of hard.

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

if used properly, heartseeker is fine with a ~3s cooldown. i mean you’re really arguing that both warrior and thief are broken. strange thing is, warrior does all of this with cooldowns and a ton of interruptable skills. their risk of failure is higher than a thief’s risk of failure to hit, since dodging something you can’t see can be kind of hard.

If that would happen, HS better insta-kill my target.

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Lightsbane.9012

i guess 7k crits aren’t high enough. most classes would kill for this without cooldowns. engineer for example. i mean you really must not wvw much if you think a 3 second cooldown is alot.

(edited by Lightsbane.9012)

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

Actually, the only problem I have with warriors is they don’t quite give up enough for what they get. I’d be hard pressed to call anything OP as that’s how classes get nerfed into oblivion (looking at D/D ele). I’d rather they leave warriors where they are and adjust everything else around them. For more reference, necro’s ghastly claws have a 2.8 multiplier which can be boosted by the same trait that reduces the recharge to about 6.5 seconds. I think most people would be hard pressed to call axe necros OP.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: Karolis.4261

Karolis.4261

i guess 7k crits aren’t high enough. most classes would kill for this without cooldowns. engineer for example. i mean you really must not wvw much if you think a 3 second cooldown is alot.

You really must not www much if u think that heartseeker crits 7 k to anything but full berserker or upleveled dead man walking with less then 25 % hp and no defensive utilities.

PvP hero Valentin in action!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HiYUlhsO_M
cough*keyboardturningclicker*cough

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Lightsbane.9012

You really must not www much if u think that heartseeker crits 7 k to anything but full berserker or upleveled dead man walking with less then 25 % hp and no defensive utilities.

i wasn’t aware thieves ran anything but crit dmg

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Karolis.4261

Actually, the only problem I have with warriors is they don’t quite give up enough for what they get. I’d be hard pressed to call anything OP as that’s how classes get nerfed into oblivion (looking at D/D ele). I’d rather they leave warriors where they are and adjust everything else around them. For more reference, necro’s ghastly claws have a 2.8 multiplier which can be boosted by the same trait that reduces the recharge to about 6.5 seconds. I think most people would be hard pressed to call axe necros OP.

So i was running CoF P1 last day with only 2 warriors in pt (obviously full dps build) and was amazed of how fast bosses droped. After i comented about amazing warriors dps, got replied that they have to "give up too much defences for that dps). I was like … lol try rolling a thief then

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Karolis.4261

i wasn’t aware thieves ran anything but crit dmg

no idea how this relates to what I said.

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: frans.8092

frans.8092

i guess 7k crits aren’t high enough. …

Heartseeker only hits that hard when the target is under 25% health, in wich case repeated use (spam) is not an issue because most targets would be down (7kx4=28k).

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

perma stealth? i’m sorry, mesmer forums on the other side.

Incoming Nerf

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

It’s ok. Most people don’t really understand how Initiatives works that’s why they say things like “without cooldowns.” Obviously you don’t play Thief.