Increase black powder initiative to 8?

in Thief

Posted by: Xtinct.7031

Xtinct.7031

First off, those of you who know me are aware I main thief. However, I still notice other thieves pulling off extended stealth periods with multiple black powder/heartseekers combos. I have been guilty of it too in order to regen hp back to nearly full and regain the opener on my targets.

However, what risk do we run gaining and maintaining stealth in this manner while regenerating our hp with shadow’s rejuvenation? It is not like cloak and dagger, in which we must land a successful melee hit in order to gain stealth. Landing CnD successfully is much more of a risk and it is not always successful.

Yet we are able to gain stealth with the d/p method with little downside risk, and it can remain repeatable within stealth if traited. I forward that the ability to maintain stealth with this method needs to be curved back further than it was on the previous anti-perma stealth patch attempt. Will increasing black powder to 8 initiative finally resolve this issue once and for all?

in Thief

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

I think they have to increase BP ini to 20! And remove smoke field from it! And blind as well!

in Thief

Posted by: Menzies The Heretic.3415

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Definitely

* Twitch – Mênzîes – Mesmer pvp
* YouTube – Fun, guides and gameplay

in Thief

Posted by: Black Teagan.9215

Black Teagan.9215

I think they have to increase BP ini to 20! And remove smoke field from it! And blind as well!

And they must add a activation time of 5 secs plus 50% of their HP and a seperate cd of 90 secs.

Caleb Ferendir
-Charr Thief-
It’s good to be bad!

in Thief

Posted by: fumcheg.1936

fumcheg.1936

yes. they have no choice! it’s too way OP!!

in Thief

Posted by: elixeyu.4350

elixeyu.4350

I presume you play shadow-arts…………….

Elixeyü [Champion Lagger]

in Thief

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

Nice BP change ! Thief waste only 11 ini (92% totall initiative) on one stealth

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
Oupí lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

in Thief

Xtinct.7031

Yea, perhaps 7 might be more appropriate.

bottomline, perma-stealth with d/p was never really resolved.

in Thief

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

This is a classic example of mislead nerfs. You want to nerf d/p stealth spam by indirectly nerfing s/p and p/p rather than addressing the stealth mechanic.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

in Thief

Menzies The Heretic.3415

The big question I will raise, who here is being most sarcastic?

Quite fun, as the OP might be trolling, or…?

in Thief

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Waste of a thread but meh the ones that should count weren’t adressed.

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Yea, perhaps 7 might be more appropriate.

bottomline, perma-stealth with d/p was never really resolved.

Actually many ways to stop perma stealth. It can be interrupted with daze, stun, fear(cc). There are lots of channeling skills that track a thief in stealth and continue hitting them( eg..rapid fire/kill shot insta kill thief).

Also there are multiple classes that can use an insta cast unavoidable skill thst apply reveal buff on thief. So there indeed ways to beat stealth enemies.

Bottom line is there are many ways to deal with thiefs. They currently have mediocre combat ability and there lots and of specs that can counter them. Though yes they are still one of best noob stomping classes.

/end thread.

Guys could we no longer feed troll post like this and just let them die. I know its hard not to comment when people make posts out of complete ignorance but it for the best.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Thief

Posted by: alchemyst.2165

alchemyst.2165

I actually think it should be brought down to 5 as compensation for the nerf.

in Thief

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

6/10, better than the other troll posts, lack raging about shadow arts, keep going.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Thief

Posted by: Reikou.7068

Reikou.7068

How about we just solve the issue by removing Meld with Shadows and Shadow’s Rejuvenation…

Reikou/Reira/Iroha/Sengiku/Rinoka/Kuruse/Sakuho/Kinae/Yuzusa/Kikurin/Otoha/Hasue/Mioko
https://www.youtube.com/AilesDeLumiere
http://www.twitch.tv/ailesdelumiere

in Thief

Posted by: Terissimo.6852

Terissimo.6852

Just increase heartseeker initiative to 8.

in Thief

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

If such a change ever did take place(and hopefully it never does), they would need to revert it to 1 blind/sec and make the field much larger, like maybe half a point size. Or combine the stealth with the skill making it create a smoke field+blind+grant 3 seconds of stealth.

There are so many classes that deal with D/P stealth just fine. Heck, if you know they’re about to reset the fight cause they’re low, just stand in their BP. They’ll try to HS through, hit you and get revealed, then be as good as dead.

in Thief

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

How about no TC. There’s no doubt the perma-stealth through D/P needs to be addressed (and subsequently nerfed), but this is the wrong way to go about it, since it nerfs the other two sets into the ground.

A better suggestion would to change the field from Smoke to Dark. The blind is still there since Dark is still a blinding field, it only negatively effects D/P, and it also buffs P/P since it gives them healing through the leeching caused by the projectile finishers in the field.

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

Lul. Icreievrytiem u mek meh lul

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

Let’s just delete Black Powder while were at it.

Seriously, I don’t care if you main thief or not that is a horrible idea. The class does not need any more risk as it stands right now. BP > HS is already high cost and using the combo puts the thief at risk. D/P is also a trolling weaponset. It does nothing except kitten off players.

The problem is thief’s reliance on stealth, not the use of it. This idea only makes a high cost skill more expensive which does nothing.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Thief

Posted by: glock.6590

glock.6590

Just because bad players use shadow arts, dosent mean we all do. Black powder is perfectly balanced in a 2/6/0/0/6 D/P build.

6’4’’ Master Race. I am Above You.

in Thief

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

No thank you….This would ruin S/P completely.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Thief

Sagat.3285

Waste of a thread but meh the ones that should count weren’t adressed.

^Don’t bother turning this into a thief spec discussion but if you want my opinion: you don’t run at least two in SA unless you use s/x in wvw you have a phobia of judgement and you are trying to fit in. #peerpressure

The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: CrimsonNeonite.1048

CrimsonNeonite.1048

You can still run out of init fast running infusion of shadows or trickery, the latter without the extra second of stealth, cleanse and regen.
I use withdraw, IS and shadow refuge when playing S/P, so this kind of change would make that set less viable.

Scrubio
Plays completely opposite professions to his main Teef.

(edited by CrimsonNeonite.1048)

in Thief

Xtinct.7031

No thank you….This would ruin S/P completely.

I play S/P, and I do not see that to be true. However, I do understand how much more useful BP would be to P/P and therefore a stronger overall indirect nerf.

I have not seen any other solutions put fourth other than a shadow meld nerf suggestion without any details. So is the answer again addressing the traits that makes this unbalanced and not the skill combo it’s self?

in Thief

Menzies The Heretic.3415

Change Shadows Rejuvenation into Night’s Watch.

Grants Aegis when entering stealth.

in Thief

Sagat.3285

It’s a healing trait line there has to be some sort of free healing….duh.

The Dhuumfire thread

in Thief

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

…that would be so OP. Please, god no.

Second Child

in Thief

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

Last time i checked, BP already got nerfed….

BP/HS can be easily interrupted, perma stealth and taking entire SA traitline in pvp is rather pointless.

Accoridng to devs wvw is not supposed to be balanced and your proposition will hurt pvp thieves a lot.

It is not other thieves fault that you run builds w/o interrupts (or don’t use them) nor use reveal trap.

You want to kill pistol offhand entirely so thieves will have only s/d (which is hardly viable atm) left? Why don’t you just stop hitting around the bushes and ask anet to delete thief class from pvp? Or it never happen to cross your mind that some of us actually pvp and not just cheese around in wvw farming uplv zerglings(because you probably can’t kill anything else) and abusing food/wvw buffs?

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

in Thief

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

stop feeding these troll threads.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

in Thief

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Yesterday .. I saw sizer dying twice…I promise….two times the same evening (not the same match at least)….Thieves desesperately need buff in PvP

But beign unkillable jungernauts is not their fault…it is simply in class design. When you start the game it is written : Wanna be highets burts highest survivability highest mobility highest stealth highest spamming machine ? => go to thief…it is in class design.

in Thief

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

highest burst> ele
highest survivability> lol. Not even close.
highest mobility and stealth. Yeah, maybe because I don’t know, that’s the point of a deceptive classe relying on stealth.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.