Infiltrator's Arrow has been FIXED

in Thief

Posted by: BFMV.3198

BFMV.3198

Just thought I would let the thief community know that the skill now flows perfectly. It does not have that weird glitch at the end where you stagger for like half a second it just flows so nicely

in Thief

Posted by: Odyssey.2613

Odyssey.2613

Do you actually mean Disabling Shot? The one that evades backwards? I’m not aware of any weird glitches at the end of Infiltrator’s Arrow. If so, then that is FANTASTIC news.

The dev team has proven they can’t balance a 2×4 on a cinder block.

in Thief

Posted by: Warshade.2984

Warshade.2984

I thought this was going to be a joke about how the z-axis teleports have now been largely crushed.

in Thief

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Played some EoTM this morning while waiting for others to come online. IA doesn’t work on many of those bridges because they are slightly uphill. Don’t get me started about stairs. This class was supposed to be about mobility because of our lack of stability.

What’s left to nerf? Stealth of course.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

in Thief

Posted by: Fenda.1398

Fenda.1398

nana, dont exaggerate, Herr der Friedhöfe. Actually this update has made many shadowstep spots much more reliable. Teleportation won´t work where it didnt work before because of slight terrain hiccups like said bridges in EOTM, but instead you a) won`waste initiative / cooldown and overall you can port around so much better now. PvP Nilfhel for example at mid point. What once was only possible from the stairs is now possible from anywhere on that plateau.

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Something very weird happened earlier in PvP for me – I was in the Foefire and I couldn’t shadowstep across the gap from the mini hill before the far point. (I forget if it’s red or blue side). But then in mid-jump I cast shadowstep while in the air and….I shadowstepped.

Yeaaaaah.

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Played some EoTM this morning while waiting for others to come online. IA doesn’t work on many of those bridges because they are slightly uphill. Don’t get me started about stairs. This class was supposed to be about mobility because of our lack of stability.

What’s left to nerf? Stealth of course.

IA never worked on Eotm bridges as far as I remember, pointless to call it a nerf.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: Ezekiel.1985

Ezekiel.1985

No it was definitely a nerf. I pretty much can’t use it in any useful way in WVW, bearing in mind I’m not a solo roamer…I defend stuff and run with zergs.

I can’t use it to port from one section of wall to another Meaning, I can’t use it to close a gap of like 10 feet on a wall because the walls happen to be separate entities in the world. They are literally, physically connected, but no, I can just go kitten myself if I decide I want to advance more quickly along the top of the wall. How does this kitten get through testing? Seriously.

I also can’t point it at the entrance doors that place you in the keep and use it to quickly get to them and in anymore. I have to point it at the ground in front of it instead and makes doing it overall less responsive.

This nerf was freaking pointless and stupid and very, very frustrating, and makes usage of these mechanics significantly clunkier from the instances in which I used them.

If they wanted to fix porting through walls or something, the solution is to FIX THE WALL, NOT MAKE THE ABILITY FREAKING ANNOYING AND POINTLESS.

Jesus, the stupid is unfathomable sometimes, I swear.

If there’s no valid path to your exact target point, port you to the end of the validity of the path. Very kittening simple. Why you would do anything else short of that is just kittening stupid and kittening lazy. kitten.

What this change did was make the shadowstep mechanic lest responsive.

This is never an acceptable tradeoff in any game, where it just makes a mechanic less responsive.

It’s really, really stupid.

edit: also, yes, you could use it on EOTM bridges.

(edited by Ezekiel.1985)

in Thief

Posted by: Fenda.1398

Fenda.1398

Well, opinions may be different, but all it does is taking a little time to get used to. Shadowstepping on walls never really worked before, especially if you tried to cross the border between two walls, and your issue truely is ahit on convenience, but overall responsibility and reliability of teleports and shadowsteps has been greatly increased. I´ll take those little nitpicks over broken Steal and failed shadowsteps with wasted ini / cooldowns any time, any year.

in Thief

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

Guys can we still chain shadow steps as usual? like Infiltrators strike (sword2) and steal for maximum range? or infil signet + steal? Can’t get on for a week but I can’t wait to know cause it’s one of my favourite parts of being a thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

Guys can we still chain shadow steps as usual? like Infiltrators strike (sword2) and steal for maximum range? or infil signet + steal? Can’t get on for a week but I can’t wait to know cause it’s one of my favourite parts of being a thief.

Yep, you can still use Sword #2, Inf Signet out of Range as a Gap Closer
Steal works like before, you can use it out of range but it won’t close the gap.

Really, only the pathing on shadowstepping changed.
An example is that it’s really annoying that you can’t quickly use SB #5 to move on top of a wall in a WvW keep (think someone else allready stated that too)
But in open areas, it should work like before pretty much

[PUSH] Constant Pressure

in Thief

Posted by: crouze.3078

crouze.3078

“fixed”

no port → losing initiative

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

“fixed”

no port -> losing initiative

Wasn’t that what they were supposed to have fixed?

Yeah they’ve fixed that at least in LA…
I could also port up/down the stairs and ledges, that is in LA at Mystic Plaza/Toilet and the ledge/stairs for the TP.

Although I think it’s still half-kitten ’ed… Talking about the stairs leading up to the TP from the Mystic Forge in LA, if you stand on the platform (that allows for a slight angle) between the first flight of stairs and the second flight of stairs and shoot IA at the top platform where the TP is such that it’s still green but at maximum range, it only takes me half way up the 2nd flight of stairs (me starting from the platform between the stairs).

(and i JUST glitched it, going from the platform between the stairs to a couple of feet away from the TP)

Wow… after 5 minutes of playing with the stairs to the TP, not only did i find a glitch/bug (can’t seem to reproduce it ) but also was able to waste initiative while getting “no valid path to target”. Shooting + jumping, depending on where you aim can get you from the platform to top of the stairs/top-platform.

:D well i guess i will spend an extra 5 minutes each day after flipping to try and reproduce the glitch…

yeah it’s a half done/baked “fix”. Like you can target the ground under the top platform, have the cursor be green, shoot it, the initiative gets consumed and you’re still on the top platform. By their claim of a “fix” i shot have not lost any initiative and there should have been a “no valid path to target”. From it looks like too, when aiming at the ground under the platform, the character does get displaced sightly on the horizontal plane (the platform), the vertical plane/traveling under the platform seems to be accounted for at all or it gets ignored. Though again by their claim of a fix, i should have gotten “no valid path to target” (i didn’t get that message), not have lost initiative, since the character can’t travel on both planes/all 3 axises.

O WELL, I just flip on the TP, this isn’t a problem for me.

(Man, and I was actually trying to white-knight it for them this time… couldn’t do it after testing it a bit)

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in Thief

Posted by: Warshade.2984

Warshade.2984

I also still get rubberbanding on SB#3… (T_T)

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

I also still get rubberbanding on SB#3… (T_T)

I find that more annoying than this half baked #5 “fix”, honestly…

[PUSH] Constant Pressure