Infiltrator's Strike twice in a row?

in Thief

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

Hi,

I’ve seen some thieves using Infiltrator’s Strike twice in a row, without porting back. According to what I watched, one should press #2 and spacebar at the same time when doing Infiltrator’s Return, but it doesn’t work for me. I have no problem doing jump dodges 100% of the time though, so I think my timing shouldn’t be wrong. What am I missing?

Cheers.

in Thief

Posted by: ReflectedRed.8025

ReflectedRed.8025

You need to jump at the same time when using Infiltrator’s Strike, not when using Infiltrator’s Return.

Server: Aurora Glade
Profession: Engineer
IGN: Lord Fortack

in Thief

Posted by: Elegie.3620

Elegie.3620

You need to jump at the same time when using Infiltrator’s Strike, not when using Infiltrator’s Return.

Works perfectly! Thanks a bunch.

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Jump-casting IS is why I think S/x is better for WvW than shortbow, as when you decide to engage, you can just de-target, not jump the cast, OOC swap into your main kit, swap mid-fight in case of emergency of crazy blown cd’s on the enemy, and IR back to disengage + cleanse if you need it.

in Thief

Posted by: AikijinX.6258

AikijinX.6258

I’m not sure if this was the thread that put the nail on the head, and I can’t say i’m surprised with all the information leaked on how to do it. But the S/X Perma Teleport jump cast, was stealth (Fixed). I did not see it on the notes or anything. So. This secret that so many top tiered Thieves carried with them for 3 years has now been brought to light and fixed. Good job.

/Sarcasm
#TheReignOfNikeWarriorsComeAgain

Maguuma
AikijinX- [Mada] [MILF] [HUNT] 7.3k Thief Hours
Defend Your Back

(edited by AikijinX.6258)

in Thief

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Can confirm seems fixed in the last patch…

Welp i guess I have no choice but to use dagger and spam crapshot to catch anything.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Another push to #D/PMasterRace, I can’t wait till they just make classes have 2 weapon sets only can see it now Thief hard locked to D/P and SB, with only Specilization lines being DA/ Tric and whatever current ES is. Just so they can “balance” without looking at the real underlying issues.

I feel your pain Eval, I hate the day the nerfed S/D into the ground, and another killing blow to the dead horse known as S/X

in Thief

Posted by: Cameron.6215

Cameron.6215

Well looks like this post kittenED us

in Thief

Posted by: Terissimo.6852

Terissimo.6852

Its fixed? Oh who could predict it? You should create more threads like this one. Thanks.

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

Welp, there goes all the great functionality from S/x in WvW lol.

ANet’s trying way too hard to make everyone play D/P + Shortbow or Staff. It’s just stupid.

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

ANet’s trying way too hard to make everyone play D/P + Shortbow or Staff. It’s just stupid.

Lol you were one of the people who bumped the thread, and gave information on how to do it lol.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: NuhDah.9812

NuhDah.9812

You really think ANet read this specific post? they don’t seem to read to much around this forum…

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

You really think ANet read this specific post? they don’t seem to read to much around this forum…

You’d be surprised how much Arena net reads, but never responds

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Lets see if Sizer will quit again (he did that as well, so don’t just blame the forums).
Really, Anet.. I don’t get what you’re doing. Someone at your HQs must hate thieves endlessly.

in Thief

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I’m glad I hadn’t messed with sword, I wasn’t aware they had nerfed #2 back to not be spammable anymore so I wasn’t even aware that jumping was required >.>

I think I have enough to complain about as it is.

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

Lol you were one of the people who bumped the thread, and gave information on how to do it lol.

I learned this from watching pro players fight in tournaments.

It’s not a new technique and it’s been on blatant display for years.

in Thief

AikijinX.6258

It may have been on blatant display, but you know Anet doesn’t knows how to Thief. What you did was gave them an explanation on how to do it. It may have been blatant in Thief streams,etc, but they were still left in the dark.

Whats done is done though, so no use in calling names.

Maguuma
Defend Your Back

in Thief

Jana.6831

It may have been on blatant display, but you know Anet doesn’t knows how to Thief. What you did was gave them an explanation on how to do it. It may have been blatant in Thief streams,etc, but they were still left in the dark.

Since I’m on these forums for now 2,5 years: Do you think this is the first time this trick has been explained? I knew that trick and I never played S/X.
You are right though: Devs don’t know how to thief and they like to copy &paste off the forums.
BUT is it the players who are to blame or them who should know how their classes work?!

in Thief

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

Since I’m on these forums for now 2,5 years: Do you think this is the first time this trick has been explained? I knew that trick and I never played S/X.
You are right though: Devs don’t know how to thief and they like to copy &paste off the forums.
BUT is it the players who are to blame or them who should know how their classes work?!

I understand the statement’s redundant. Maybe anet should be looking to it’s base that better understands how it’s own classes play out for balance rather than the current team. I mean, for the most part I’d like to think that the community can and would do a better job at pointing out shortcomings and overturned points on their own classes. Sure their will be fanatics here and there that push for kneejerk changes. Overall I think the pro base would do a really respectable job of adding variety and viability as it would overall give them more approaches.

There is a lot of people that really have a sour taste in their mouth this balance quarter. Pretty much if you weren’t guard or mesmer you got skinned.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

in Thief

Jana.6831

No, asking the community to balance their classes doesn’t help at all. You can look at almost any thread in this forum and see that people might have an idea about their own set but no idea (or forgot) something about the other set = we’re no professionals as well and people say this or that isn’t needed because they don’t need it. Another set does require it though (like me saying that ricochet could be thrown out a year ago).
Right now it’s like children competing “if I just cry loud enough I’ll get my will” and anet should try to be good parents and make the decisions on their own. They can take stuff of the forums but not in a copy and paste style but thought through.

in Thief

Posted by: NuhDah.9812

NuhDah.9812

I’m pretty sure they couldn’t have taken care of this bug and deployed in a couple of days just because they saw this thread… this was what I was trying to say before too. The chances are pretty low on that. So I doubt it’s anyone’s writing on this thread’s fault. If they were so quick in correcting bugs I they would have dealt with older ones this quick too.

in Thief

Posted by: Kicker.8203

Kicker.8203

They never read thief forum so they must have seen it on Sizer’s stream. They saw something unintentional and fixed it immediately without considering to keep it and change the tooltip instead . A lot of times they should just go with the flow instead of being so hard-headed.