Initiative UI Suggestion

Initiative UI Suggestion

in Thief

Posted by: Bail.1357

Bail.1357

I would like to suggest that the Initiative diamonds slowly fill up instead of appear, so that one could better manage their usage.

(edited by Bail.1357)

Initiative UI Suggestion

in Thief

Posted by: McFribble.2349

McFribble.2349

I actually wouldn’t mind that. Not a needed update, but a useful one.

Initiative UI Suggestion

in Thief

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

They’re pretty small.. I’m not sure I’d notice them filling up unless I staired right at them. Be more useful to just have a timer in the corner of the screen that counted up to 10seconds repeatedly.

Initiative UI Suggestion

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

I rather have ONE BIG DIAMOND with a BIG NUMBER INSIDE IT telling me how much initiative I have left.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Initiative UI Suggestion

in Thief

Posted by: BojacDR.2104

BojacDR.2104

This would work fine for the most part but what about thieves who are spec’d to regenerate more than one point of initiative at a time? Atherakhia’s idea about a timer would work better in that case.

Initiative UI Suggestion

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

I think the current one is pretty fine as it is.

1/2 bar = x1 C&D, x1 Infiltrator’s Arrow
3/5 bar = BP + HSx3
etc.

Nothing more to it, no numbers to read, no halved diamonds to get confused about.

I think though, they should add more options to customization of the UI,
like increasing the size or moving things, like these diamonds, conditions, boons etc.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

Initiative UI Suggestion

in Thief

Posted by: BojacDR.2104

BojacDR.2104

I think the current one is pretty fine as it is.

1/2 bar = x1 C&D, x1 Infiltrator’s Arrow
3/5 bar = BP + HSx3
etc.

Nothing more to it, no numbers to read, no halved diamonds to get confused about.

I think though, they should add more options to customization of the UI,
like increasing the size or moving things, like these diamonds, conditions, boons etc.

I think the OP was looking for a way to know when your next batch of initiative points will regenerate but I could be wrong. I’ve had times when I did not have enough initiative to perform an urgent move and it would seem like an eternity before I finally did. Knowing when I would won’t speed things up any but at least I would know.

Initiative UI Suggestion

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

This would work fine for the most part but what about thieves who are spec’d to regenerate more than one point of initiative at a time? Atherakhia’s idea about a timer would work better in that case.

Timer doesn’t work for me since the only number I’m interested in is whether I can or cannot use a skill or a combo of skills.

The current diamonds doesn’t allow me to distinguish between 5-init and 7-init (they’re just too tiny) and leads me to miscalculate a lot of times especially during a heated fight.

I can scale my UI but that will limit my visibility.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.