Interrupts on a thief?

Interrupts on a thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Q:

I’m new to thief play, coming from my mesmer main which I have put on the shelf for now. I’m used to constant dodging and patient stealth, but also a nice supply of interrupt skills and I can’t figure them out with this class.

I’ve found the off hand pistol 4 skill for a daze, and good timing on that will get you an interrupt, but it’s really the only one I can see. Am I missing something useful?

Any tips for more interrupts would be appreciated.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Interrupts on a thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

Trickery 6 – Sleight of Hand
S/P – #3
x/P – #4
S/x – Stealth #1 from behind
Basilisk Venom
Tripwire

Immobilize and going behind through Devourer Venom, DA 6 – Panic Strike or Infiltrator’s Strike, also P/x 2.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

Interrupts on a thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

More or less what Ghost said, but really thief just isnt that sort of class. Mesmer is (or at least can be) an extremely lockdown heavy class with with easily 4-5 hard CCs in a build, and at least 2-3 without even trying. Thief just doesnt have that level of control as it’s not how the class is designed to be played.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

Interrupts on a thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

For s/tPvP the sort of control builds thieves can come up with are not really good and useful.

However it’s quite fun in WvW with something like 2/0/6/0/6 and S/D.
This build focuses around landing tactical strike from behind, which along with blind on stealth gives your opponent little time to fight back before you can restealth, the vigor from the trickery line along with the extra initiative makes it quite dodgy out of stealth too, and ofc SoH for an extra interrupt. But yeah, it however can’t fully lock down opponents like mesmers and warriors can, even AoE.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

(edited by Ghostwolf.9863)

Interrupts on a thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

I’m not really looking for a full lockdown build, just a reliable set of interrupts and it looks like p/p with the sleight of hand trait will do that. That would be 3 interrupts that need good timing to be effective, and you have to manage the cool downs on them.

It shouldn’t be too hard. Thank you.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Interrupts on a thief?

in Thief

Posted by: GinghamLion.3614

GinghamLion.3614

I’m not really looking for a full lockdown build, just a reliable set of interrupts and it looks like p/p with the sleight of hand trait will do that. That would be 3 interrupts that need good timing to be effective, and you have to manage the cool downs on them.

It shouldn’t be too hard. Thank you.

I get that you’re used to having so many interrupts from your Mesmer, but if you want to succeed as a thief, P/P and interrupting aren’t the way to go. Though a well timed X/P #4 can change the tide.

Interrupts on a thief?

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Scorpion wire will also interrupt. With a thief you can use blind to negate skills without always needing an interrupt You can apply pressure with a combination of blinds and dazes.