Interview with a top thief (Ningyou)

in Thief

Posted by: Sensotix.4106

Sensotix.4106

Out of curiosity, what are the downsides of Warrior?

I don’t know hehe

in Thief

Posted by: Imagi.4561

Imagi.4561

What is this business of “a top thief”? This is quite kitteny to come into a forum and post “a top thief” as if everyone knows anything about this shadow. The ones that advertise themselves get torn down the fastest.

I bet I could nail down this “top thief” >:) What say you good sir? A duel, or multiple?

if you don’t know ningyou you have never played guild wars 2 pvp

thanks for the comment.

I’ve played GW2 PvP, and I don’t know him.

#ELEtism
By Ogden’s hammer, what savings!

in Thief

Posted by: Volrath.1473

Volrath.1473

Many top players aren’t “famous” only the ones who post builds / guides / videos.
I know a few extremely good players that no one has ever heard about exept in the servers we were in.

Although I never heard of this ningyou guy I do not doubt hes knowledge of the profession nor his skill. I enjoyed the interview and share the concerns, that’s good enough for me!

ty for the interview!

in Thief

Posted by: Walker.3056

Walker.3056

What is this business of “a top thief”? This is quite kitteny to come into a forum and post “a top thief” as if everyone knows anything about this shadow. The ones that advertise themselves get torn down the fastest.

I bet I could nail down this “top thief” >:) What say you good sir? A duel, or multiple?

thanks for the comment.

Its prob cause u play Spvp but you dont play it competitive like in a team that only do that or on the leagues thatteams played to get into PAX and stuff like that, if you even watched the games from the top teams going for PAX you would know him and know that hes awesome

in Thief

Imagi.4561

thanks for the comment.

Its prob cause u play Spvp but you dont play it competitive like in a team that only do that or on the leagues thatteams played to get into PAX and stuff like that, if you even watched the games from the top teams going for PAX you would know him and know that hes awesome

I’ve also played tPvP.

#ELEtism

in Thief

Walker.3056

thanks for the comment.

I’ve also played tPvP.

Congratz? even my little brother can play tpvp if he wishes.. now competitive level as i said you probably didnt or tried just a little. w/e if you never hear of him its only your loss =/ good luck out there

in Thief

Imagi.4561

thanks for the comment.

I’ve also played tPvP.

Congratz? even my little brother can play tpvp if he wishes.. now competitive level as i said you probably didnt or tried just a little. w/e if you never hear of him its only your loss =/ good luck out there

Well, first the assumption was that “everyone who PvPs has heard of this person,” and then when I said that wasn’t the case, it became “well, then you’ve never played anything besides sPvP.” And now that I’ve refuted that claim, it becomes “well, then you’ve never played tPvP competitively.” Next, will I have to say that I’m a dev for my opinion to be valid?

The argument being presented here is a fallacy. I shouldn’t have to have a certain PvP resume to objectively consider someone a “top” player.

#ELEtism

(edited by Imagi.4561)

in Thief

Walker.3056

thanks for the comment.

I’ve also played tPvP.

Well, first the assumption was that “everyone who PvPs has heard of this person,” and then when I said that wasn’t the case, it became “well, then you’ve never played anything besides sPvP.” And now that I’ve refuted that claim, it becomes “well, then you’ve never played tPvP competitively.” Next, will I have to say that I’m a dev for my opinion to be valid?

The argument being presented here is a fallacy. I shouldn’t have to have a certain PvP resume to objectively consider someone a “top” player.

The thing is if you dont play competitive or watch competitive (pro) teams playing how can you possible know or judge that a player is TOP or not

in Thief

Imagi.4561

thanks for the comment.

I’ve also played tPvP.

The thing is if you dont play competitive or watch competitive (pro) teams playing how can you possible know or judge that a player is TOP or not

I never said that I don’t play competitively or watch teams that I consider to be skilled. You’ve made that assumption.

#ELEtism

in Thief

Posted by: Galandil.9641

Galandil.9641

You should concentrate more on what he’s actually saying in the interview, instead of trying to diminish his “status” in the actual EU Team Arena leaderboard.

in Thief

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

That’s your problem. If you disagree with the OP for calling someone — anyone — “top” player, then the matter at hand has to be considered as a subjective matter.

Forcing your view that this should be “objective” is absurd. A lot of the content in this thread points to the subjectivity of the the topic.

This is not an introduction about someone whom you know nothing about. This is a thread for those who do knows him or wants to know him. If you’re neither, why do you even bother to derail the thread? Just move along, for quaggan’s sake.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

in Thief

Imagi.4561

That’s your problem. If you disagree with the OP for calling someone — anyone — “top” player, then the matter at hand has to be considered as a subjective matter.

Forcing your view that this should be “objective” is absurd. A lot of the content in this thread points to the subjectivity of the the topic.

This is not an introduction about someone whom you know nothing about. This is a thread for those who do knows him or wants to know him. If you’re neither, why do you even bother to derail the thread? Just move along, for quaggan’s sake.

I don’t think I’ve “forced” any view. People were attacking opinions as not being “qualified” enough in PvP to be valid. I felt that was ridiculous, and I said as much.

I’m replying to what is being said to me, not intentionally derailing. It takes two to tango.

#ELEtism

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

I don’t think I’ve “forced” any view. People were attacking opinions as not being “qualified” enough in PvP to be valid. I felt that was ridiculous, and I said as much.

I’m replying to what is being said to me, not intentionally derailing. It takes two to tango.

The topic is about a “top” player in PvP whom you will never find in your daily PvP activities. To say that you know not of him is only because you have not looked from the “top”. Things are blurry from the bottom looking up you know…a lot of things are not visible to you, you know, when you’re being overshadowed.

The assumption in this topic is that you know the subject. If you don’t, then you either research about the subject or you don’t. If you don’t, you really have nothing to say about the subject since you know nothing about it. Am I right?

So why go through all the trouble of make the thread about the “top” claim, than what the thread is all about — the subject?

You are derailing the thread and you don’t even know it? What kind of fallacy you think is that?

Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen

in Thief

Imagi.4561

The topic is about a “top” player in PvP whom you will never find in your daily PvP activities. To say that you know not of him is only because you have not looked from the “top”. Things are blurry from the bottom looking up you know…a lot of things are not visible to you, you know, when you’re being overshadowed.

The assumption in this topic is that you know the subject. If you don’t, then you either research about the subject or you don’t. If you don’t, you really have nothing to say about the subject since you know nothing about it. Am I right?

So why go through all the trouble of make the thread about the “top” claim, than what the thread is all about — the subject?

You are derailing the thread and you don’t even know it? What kind of fallacy you think is that?

Your entire first paragraph was completely irrelevant and partly nonsensical. The fact that I’m not a “top” player has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

I never said that I “didn’t know” the topic was being derailed. I said I wasn’t the only one responsible. By the way, you’ve done a top-notch job of getting it back on track.

Also, I don’t know how you think logical fallacies work, but I’d like you to point out exactly where I “denied the antecedent.”

#ELEtism

in Thief

Posted by: DanH.5879

DanH.5879

i think his S/D build is OP, and will be nerfed in the next patch
ahaha

in Thief

Imagi.4561

i think his S/D build is OP, and will be nerfed in the next patch
ahaha

That’s probably true. q.q

#ELEtism

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

Your entire first paragraph was completely irrelevant and partly nonsensical. The fact that I’m not a “top” player has absolutely nothing to do with anything.

Where did I said that you have to be a “top” player? What I said is that you have to look “from” the top to see clearly.

I never said that I “didn’t know” the topic was being derailed. I said I wasn’t the only one responsible.

You said “not intentionally derailing”. So you’re now saying that you know that you are derailing the thread but not solely responsible?

By the way, you’ve done a top-notch job of getting it back on track.

What makes you think that I’m trying to get it back on track? O.o?

Also, I don’t know how you think logical fallacies work, but I’d like you to point out exactly where I “denied the antecedent.”

Oh my, still in denial.

i had the honour to invite Ningyou of Team Dopplers Effekt/Team Cheese Mode to an interview to share his opinion about his class the game and the current meta!

in Thief

Posted by: Aeden.5896

Aeden.5896

This was a good interview. The interviewer asked good questions and the thief had clear, knowledgeable answers. Thanks for making this OP.

in Thief

Posted by: Sizzle Hint.1820

Sizzle Hint.1820

People really hating on Ningyou? Why dont you appreciate that a veteran is helping out new people to the class with this interview?

He is definetly in the top because he played with and against the top players competetivly, i doubt even 1% of the people trashtalking here have accomplished the same.

Thanks sensotix for this, keep it up !

in Thief

Posted by: Seazen.7415

Seazen.7415

I don’t get imagi’s argument….. just because YOU don’t know him means he’s not famous..? I can probably name a foreign sports star or singer and you wouldn’t know anything. Does that make this person any less famous?

What a joke of a post.

in Thief

Seazen.7415

Try not to use “Top”, which implies [Better than everyone else] in your threads, you done this with the Guardian section too lol.

There are alot of other good/great Thiefs in GW2. You are disregarding hundreds of thousands of other thieves.

“Best at 1v1?

- Best 1v1 against Necro’s
– Best 1v1 against Engi’s?
– Best 1v1 against Guard’s?
– Best 1v1 against Ele’s?
– Best 1v1 against other Thiefs?
– Best 1v1 against Warriors?
– Best 1v1 against Ranger’s?
– Best 1v1 against Mesmer’s?

Best at Bunkering?

- Best bunker against Necro’s
– Best bunker against Engi’s?
– Best bunker against other Guard’s?
– Best bunker against Ele’s?
– Best bunker against Thiefs?
– Best bunker against Warriors?
– Best bunker against Ranger’s?
– Best bunker against Mesmer’s?

Best Healing Spec?

- Best self healing Spec?
– Best group healing Spec?

Best DPS Spec?

Best Condi removal Spec?
– Best group condi removal?
– Best self condi removal?

With so many builds and play styles, when you place “Best” infront of any one, that just completly disregards all other builds and players out there.

Thanks for the support though.”

I just copied and pasted what I wrote in your thread “Interview with a top guardian (Azshene)” Which was renamed from “Interview with GW2 top guardian (Azshene)” or so because you made the mistake of using “Best” in your post.

You’re just being extremely picky. It clearly says “a top” thief; meaning that he is one of the top thieves. Why is he a top thief? Obviously he has a good competitive experience. Learn the difference between “a” and “THE” top thief before you make such an ignorant post..

in Thief

Imagi.4561

I don’t get imagi’s argument….. just because YOU don’t know him means he’s not famous..? I can probably name a foreign sports star or singer and you wouldn’t know anything. Does that make this person any less famous?

What a joke of a post.

I never made that statement, so I’m not sure what has you confused.

#ELEtism

in Thief

Posted by: Lux.7169

Lux.7169

thanks for the comment.

Odd because I looked you up and you’ve never done Solo Q or Team Q… so you exclusively hotjoin?

[SoF]

in Thief

Seazen.7415

thanks for the comment.

I’ve also played tPvP.

Right here.

in Thief

Imagi.4561

thanks for the comment.

Odd because I looked you up and you’ve never done Solo Q or Team Q… so you exclusively hotjoin?

No, although I admit I’ve done significantly more hotjoin than tPvP. I have multiple accounts, and this is the one I’m using for the forums.

thanks for the comment.

I’ve also played tPvP.

Right here.

What is confusing you about that statement? I’ll do my best to clarify.

#ELEtism

in Thief

Sensotix.4106

This was a good interview. The interviewer asked good questions and the thief had clear, knowledgeable answers. Thanks for making this OP.

Thanks a lot for this comment

in Thief

Sensotix.4106

People really hating on Ningyou? Why dont you appreciate that a veteran is helping out new people to the class with this interview?

He is definetly in the top because he played with and against the top players competetivly, i doubt even 1% of the people trashtalking here have accomplished the same.

Thanks sensotix for this, keep it up !

Thanks a lot I really can’t believe that some guys have actually never heard of him

in Thief

Posted by: Divinity.8041

Divinity.8041

thanks for the comment.

I’ve also played tPvP.

The arrogance and pretentious nature of your comments are disgusting.

Are you really going to be that nerdy? Let’s get this straight…

We have a random trying to act like this guy is not 1000x better than him, this thief is VERY VERY good. Stop trying to make the .01% happen.

You’re the guy who will always be like, well guys this is not always the case, when 99.99% of the time it is. God the earth needs less people like you.

Stop trying to catch people on technicalities, because we all know you can’t catch them on anything else…like your skill in gw2.

What ranking are you on leaderboards again? We didn’t catch it in your previous posts.

R40 Mesmer
Hypercrushed

in Thief

Imagi.4561

thanks for the comment.

I’ve also played tPvP.

We have a random trying to act like this guy is not 1000x better than him, this thief is VERY VERY good. Stop trying to make the .01% happen.

You’re the guy who will always be like, well guys this is not always the case, when 99.99% of the time it is. God the earth needs less people like you.

Stop trying to catch people on technicalities, because we all know you can’t catch them on anything else…like your skill in gw2.

What ranking are you on leaderboards again? We didn’t catch it in your previous posts.

Nerdy? In the forums for an MMO? Lol. Pot, meet kettle.

I’ve never claimed to be better than Ningyou, nor have I said that he’s not a skilled player. I PvP, and I don’t know who he is. That’s about the extent of my opinion on the matter of his skill.

With the other things you mentioned, I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Make the .01% of what happen? What isn’t always the case?

#ELEtism

(edited by Imagi.4561)

in Thief

Sir Vincent III.1286

thanks for the comment.

I’ve also played tPvP.

I’ve never claimed to be better than Ningyou, nor have I said that he’s not a skilled player. I PvP, and I don’t know who he is. That’s about the extent of my opinion on the matter of his skill.

With the other things you mentioned, I’m not sure what you’re talking about. Make the .01% of what happen? What isn’t always the case?

Just ignore this guy and enjoy the interview. It’s obvious to everyone what this guy is trying to do — don’t waste anymore of your time.

in Thief

Imagi.4561

thanks for the comment.

I’ve also played tPvP.

Just ignore this guy and enjoy the interview. It’s obvious to everyone what this guy is trying to do — don’t waste anymore of your time.

Remove a witch-hunt from the GW2 forums? Blasphemy.

#ELEtism

in Thief

Sensotix.4106

whats going on here? so crazy u guys