Is 4s of revealed still needed in sPvP?

in Thief

Posted by: Kadin.2356

Kadin.2356

This is one of the major things that keeps me out of sPvP. I play d/d and it totally throws off all the timing, it’s like I’m playing another character. I don’t see d/d represented at all in sPvP anymore.

in Thief

Posted by: Zero Day.2594

Zero Day.2594

Um, some people want longer or permanent reveal.
God forbid you shave off the 1 second, do you know or can you image how many cries there would be on the forums? I would not being able enjoy all the tears, there would be just too many.
Gives me warm thoughts just thinking about all those delicious tears….

Thief Nerf/Change Wish List. Advice List
Join the TEEFs!

(edited by Zero Day.2594)

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

In all seriousness, no it is definitely not needed. Unfortunately it’s not likely to change as there would be many complaints from the non thief community (so basically people who think thief is op no matter what happens) that’s it’s really not worth anet changing. I’d love to see it changed back so d/d could possibly emerge once again but apparently condi p/d in wvw makes revealed need to be longer in a completely different game mode.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in Thief

Posted by: Tempest Darqmane.4862

Tempest Darqmane.4862

Given their history, ArenaNet doesn’t like to go back on things they’ve made changes to.

in Thief

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

It makes sense though if they back down on one thing it would just be slippery slope from there, next the necromancers would want all their nerf reverse for example, or ranger’s wanting the pet leash reverted, and the warriors with the whole adrenaline decay.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Thief

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Three or four seconds, I don’t care for either. I just wish it was consistent.

in Thief

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

I agree. It should be consistent throughout all game mode, either 3 or 4 seconds but not both. It’s one thing to have different damage in different game mode but to have different timing is silly. When I play my thief in spvp and wvw. It’s annoying to have to adjust the timing. Makes playing thief feel unnatural.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

It’s not needed and I hate it. I keep forgetting about it when transitioning from pve/wvw to spvp and it’s simply extremely difficult to get use to, even after all this time, because it’s such a massive alteration in gameplay. I was happy last week when testing a DD build on mist dummies and saw revealed was normal 3 seconds and thought they reverted it and I missed the news. Then I went into a match and died a few times before realizing it was all a lie. My heart wkittentered so hard.

The Weapon sets were never designed for 4 second reveal and makes all your rotations sloppy, just like Last Refuge wasn’t designed for revealed at all and is broken to hell. Both issues equally add to my distaste in stealth builds.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Thief

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Same here. I play my thief casually in sPvP, but the reveal timing change always throws me off. I wish they would just set it back to 3 seconds. The main reason they made the 4 second change was to combat culling anyways, but that was fixed separately.

in Thief

Posted by: Wolfield.9812

Wolfield.9812

Same here. I play my thief casually in sPvP, but the reveal timing change always throws me off. I wish they would just set it back to 3 seconds. The main reason they made the 4 second change was to combat culling anyways, but that was fixed separately.

True.

Its not needed and ruins the flow of the D/D set. Still play D/D though lol

in Thief

Posted by: Elitist.8701

Elitist.8701

I’d rather not see reveal go back to 3s and have a large influx of WvW SA Thieves camping stealth all day trying to 1v1 people. Also DD Thief is no good in PvP for several reasons other than the reveal being longer.

Best Multiclass NA. RIP my beautiful Necromancer, such a shame. Retired, April 2015. GG Anet,
I’m not coming back, not that you care.

in Thief

Posted by: swinsk.6410

swinsk.6410

15 characters…

Attachments:

Just another noob thief…

in Thief

Posted by: Ario.8964

Ario.8964

Elitist, the thing is there are some d/d builds that could be used in pvp if they had less reveal time so they could get some better flow in the weapon set. Sure some hotjoin heros and some noobs may try to go SA in pvp but they’ll learn eventually and it won’t be a thing. But d/d could be really fun in pvp if it didn’t have to deal with 4s of reveal.

[Teef] Dragonbrand Thief and Engi main www.twitch.tv/ariodoesgaming and Ario Does Gaming on Youtube!

in Thief

Posted by: Saku Joe.2857

Saku Joe.2857

sPvP 4s rev are find imho. I wouldn’t even care having 4s in WvW as well…

Congratz Anet cunts, u finally made me uninstall your S H I T.

in Thief

Posted by: WyldKat.4712

WyldKat.4712

Well, I’ll take great pleasure in seeing what happens to engineers once the lamentations on the forum make them jack up another class to appease the trolls.

Thieves -cry-. Stealth -cry-. Backstab -cry-. Infiltrator’s Strike/Return -cry-. Flanking/Larcenous Strike -cry-.

Heh heh heh... just wait. All the Turrets -cry-. What will they focus on next.

Zestee, Cryptician Zetti, Zissi The Jack, Zi Mao,
Ziffy Snidehide, Zadie Hawkkin, Zannie Oakley, Zuulja
[ODIN],[NaCl] – Tarnished Coast