Is Hidden Thief bugged?

Is Hidden Thief bugged?

in Thief

Posted by: DarkHeart.1760

DarkHeart.1760

Has anyone else using Hidden Thief noticed it’s flakey application? I’ve been playing with it the past few days and it seems 50/50 as to weather it works or not (and no, it’s not due to Revealed being up). I’ll be wailing away on a mob and go for the quick f1 to steal, apply boons, stealth for a killshot and boom… nothing. There I am as visible as ever.

Just trying to figure out what’s up with this and whether this trait is worth it or not. I might try the +initiative trait in its place, but tend to prefer multiple stealthing tools.

Is Hidden Thief bugged?

in Thief

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Do you have mug on steal?
Could be that you gain stealth for 2 seconds before the mug dmg apply, which will then reveal you.

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

Is Hidden Thief bugged?

in Thief

DarkHeart.1760

Do you have mug on steal?
Could be that you gain stealth for 2 seconds before the mug dmg apply, which will then reveal you.

Nope, but that would make sense. I have the boons, clear condition and stealth on steal… it all sounds good on paper, but when you don’t disappear it blows. What’s odd, is sometimes I’ll notice the mob starting to move away from me like I did disappear, but there I am plain as day with my stolen item, boons, but not visible and unable to back-stab. Just weird.

Is Hidden Thief bugged?

in Thief

Posted by: Lofat.2406

Lofat.2406

You most likely have auto attack enabled. I had to disable it when I used Hidden Thief. It would auto attack and it wouldn’t stealth. So disable your auto attack and you should be fine.

P Sutton – 80 Warrior
Ferg Crossing

Is Hidden Thief bugged?

in Thief

DarkHeart.1760

You most likely have auto attack enabled. I had to disable it when I used Hidden Thief. It would auto attack and it wouldn’t stealth. So disable your auto attack and you should be fine.

Ah.. yes, yes I do. Didn’t think about that. I’ll give it a shot. Thanks!

Ah.. yes, yes I do. Didn’t think about that. I’ll give it a shot. Thanks!Though, that seems like a “bug” if it’s the case, because I don’t continue to auto attack if I CnD of heartseeker out of blackpowder. Oh well, I’ll either get used to it or switch to +initiative…