Is P/D around anymore?

Is P/D around anymore?

in Thief

Posted by: Scribbles.3974

Scribbles.3974

hi, been gone a while and wondering as i just came back like a week ago if PD was still able to be run, im talking about the signet of malice build, and thinking about dusting off my old settlers gear, i believe its toughness healing and condi. any other builds out there? currently ive been running DP or DD with SB offhand.

Dark Lotusblossom – 80 Thief
Bedroom Knights. [Sock]
Sea of Sorrows

Is P/D around anymore?

in Thief

Posted by: Quinci.5968

Quinci.5968

Most P/D now is Dire conditions utilizing dagger 5 and pistol stealth attack. Usually with perplexity or krait runes. This gives you a ton of tankiness and also good damage from bleeds.

Is P/D around anymore?

in Thief

Scribbles.3974

dire is condi, vit, and toughness? and thanks, just trying things out till HoT drops XD

Bedroom Knights. [Sock]
Sea of Sorrows

Is P/D around anymore?

in Thief

Posted by: BFMV.3198

BFMV.3198

Yes it is still around and is strong. I have run a variation of P/D since November 2012, along with my s/d and d/p sets.

Currently, full dire and 2-0-6-0-6 is what I use with perplexity runes and you want sigil of bursting

Very strong

Is P/D around anymore?

in Thief

Scribbles.3974

hmm, thanks for the info, ill have to give dire a try.

Bedroom Knights. [Sock]
Sea of Sorrows

Is P/D around anymore?

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Dire conditions is arguably the strongest and easiest to play build for WvW in the game. Dire P/D perplexity is so strong that it can win without using weapons (it’s been done).

Is P/D around anymore?

in Thief

Scribbles.3974

ive seen that video a while ago XD i forgot what he was using scorp wire for interrupt, and caltrops or something

Bedroom Knights. [Sock]
Sea of Sorrows

Is P/D around anymore?

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

With hard to catch traited.

It’s the sad reality that basically a tank build can still deal full damage (or close to it).

But that’s just P/D. It garners almost no respect from other people because it’s just incredibly face-roll easy with so much reward. Unfortunately, for many of those who use it, they’re still winning even while getting out-played, and it’s those types who won’t stop using it until it’s not so strong, and they’ll just jump to another bandwagon.

Is P/D around anymore?

in Thief

Scribbles.3974

i started using the pd build using the healing toughness and condi set, i didnt care that it was op or not, its just the style of play i liked the most XD, tbh if people couldnt counter me with condis then that was their problem XD but i do know what you mean by how powerful it was.

imho, i still feel like playing it, just because it was fun for me and the playstyle is what i enjoyed :/

Bedroom Knights. [Sock]
Sea of Sorrows

Is P/D around anymore?

in Thief

Posted by: Ensign.2189

Ensign.2189

It’s still a very strong dueling set.

That’s it really, it’s not particularly good at anything else, but if you want to duel there really isn’t anything that beats it.

Is P/D around anymore?

in Thief

Posted by: Vornollo.5182

Vornollo.5182

You can actually run any D/P build as a P/D player pretty easily.
Plays different but it’s more enjoyable to me (not caring about ingame respect a lot, but dire thing just gets very boring).
You could get creative yourself with things like the Ricochet and make pretty good zerg builds if you enjoy that.

So yeah, you could go for a Berserker (with some Valkyrie) build using P/D on something like 6/0/2/0/6, 2/6/0/0/6, 4/6/4/0/0.
But yeah… Dire will bore you after a bit and really has no learning curve or skill ceilling. So I’d recommend you try to cook up something of your own once you grow accustomed to Thief mechanics again.

[PUSH] Constant Pressure