Is P/P going to be acceptable for fractals?

in Thief

Posted by: Razon.8153

Razon.8153

Hi, I turned into a casual player recently (played a lot during the summer) and melee obviously requires more skill than ranged, and I’m a bit rusty atm, so I’m thinking about going P/P, but I’m worried about people kicking me because I suck or something.

Are there any viable P/P builds that don’t suck?

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

Hi, I turned into a casual player recently (played a lot during the summer) and melee obviously requires more skill than ranged, and I’m a bit rusty atm, so I’m thinking about going P/P, but I’m worried about people kicking me because I suck or something.

Only time I think it’s been seen as acceptable in fractals is during the dredge boss whete you can headshot the heal (if your group messes up), spam 3 in between buckets, and spam 2 under buckets now to keep the boss there. You might just play lower levels until you get used to it again (especially with the change they are making to fractals soon).

Personally I wouldn’t kick you but “optimal/experienced groups” might.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Kaon.7192

Kaon.7192

The dev in the livestream today was running P/P with no alternate set…
Let’s just say things didn’t work out well for him.

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

I’ll have to watch that when I get home tonight.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Kaon.7192

Only time I think it’s been seen as acceptable in fractals is during the dredge boss whete you can headshot the heal (if your group messes up), spam 3 in between buckets, and spam 2 under buckets now to keep the boss there. You might just play lower levels until you get used to it again (especially with the change they are making to fractals soon).

No need for headshot even in this case since Basilisk can interrupt the heal through Defiance. =)

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

link to livestream?

All is vain.

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

No need for headshot even in this case since Basilisk can interrupt the heal through Defiance. =)

Yep, that works great as well! If the rest of the team accidentally reset the stack I’ll do that, but the cast + fly time of the shot can lead to significant healing. I’ll often tell groups to leave 1 stack of defiance to avoid mistakes, knock it off if we miss the drop, then headshot the heal. Basilisk is great in a pinch though.

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Kaon.7192

http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/c/3299578
Enjoy the many P/P deaths…

Hopefully this will signal the Devs to do something about it…

in Thief

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

To be fair, all of those deaths that happen, had more to do with the player then the build. Like the first one, he could have easily gotten out of it if he used RFI. Another one he had his hero panel up lol, and the last molten boss fight, everyone was getting stomped so i wouldn’t count those as a notch against the set.

Although, all he was doing was a few dodges and pressing 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 1 1 1…….3 3 3 3.
Which is confirming my suspicion of unload spam being an acceptable play-style by the devs :\

in Thief

Maugetarr.6823

To be fair, all of those deaths that happen, had more to do with the player then the build. Like the first one, he could have easily gotten out of it if he used RFI. Another one he had his hero panel up lol, and the last molten boss fight, everyone was getting stomped so i wouldn’t count those as a notch against the set.

Although, all he was doing was a few dodges and pressing 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 1 1 1…….3 3 3 3.
Which is confirming my suspicion of unload spam being an acceptable play-style by the devs :\

I don’t think I saw a single other weapon skill used other than 1 and 3……

Love the comment at 18:27: well they are running this with 2 thieves so it does seem hard…

Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele

in Thief

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

ok i’m about 1/3 through the stream. i have a question though, like if you’re just gonna use P/P as your main and only set, you should optimize your build around it which means you’re really gonna want 20 points into trickery for ricochet imo.

Well at least that’s what I’d do. Another thing I’d do is use signet of malice which would have great synergy with unload and ricochet and build a little bit more tanky in terms of stats and he probably wouldn’t be dying a bajillion times. Though that’s not saying P/P is good or anything, but those would be improvements.

All is vain.