Is Ranger a good partner for a Thief.

in Thief

Posted by: Chico.3829

Chico.3829

Q:

Hey guys I did my post for Ranger/Ranger at the Ranger forum but now I am wondering what you Thief pro have to recommend. The deal here is that I been trying to figure out a good class to join my wife Ranger to really do some serious damage in PvE open world as we level up. I am torn on Ranger or Thief so what are your guys feed back grouping with a Ranger?

Finally what is a good build and weapons for a Thief to have when grouped with a Ranger?

Thanks!

in Thief

Posted by: liefbread.9513

liefbread.9513

Thief isn’t a BAD partner for ranger, it also depends on the ranger build. Are we talking PVE or like WvW roaming partner?

in Thief

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Doesn’t matter. Two characters should take on the open world pretty easily. Take a warrior for more immediate dps (or any other reason). Don’t take two medium armor classes as you can share each other’s rewards if you have a heavy/light.

in Thief

Posted by: OIIIIIO.7825

OIIIIIO.7825

A ranger can pair well with a thief.

For a group comp of Ranger and Thief, I would suggest what you would normally use when going into WvW solo, then as you find things that you don’t need/ could change to benefit both players (Traits, Combo Fields, Rune) try adding those.

Example
——————-
Ranger
Trait -Spotter Increases precision of nearby allies by up to 150 points.

A victor gives no quarter when the victor shows no clemency or mercy
and refuses to spare the life in return for the surrender at discretion (unconditional surrender)
of a vanquished opponent.

in Thief

Chico.3829

Cool Thanks!~ I will play both Thief and Ranger for a good amount of level and see which one feels natural to me. Then I can figure out a build game plan and style to play with her. I don’t mind sharing my loot with her as I do more gear farming stuff. =)

in Thief

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

I don’t like playing with ranged professions in open world, as they aggro the mobs when i’m about to backstab, then i need to run after them. I think that an AoE medium/melee range as necro, guardian, and ele are good partners.

in Thief

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

Sword/Pistol or Dagger/Pistol Thief is a good partner for any melee, e.g. a Sword or Greatsword Ranger, because he can keep them save with Pistol #5.

in Thief

Chico.3829

Ic, Thanks guys for the info. I am messing around with them and trying combos you guys mention to see what suit me better. =)

in Thief

Posted by: blackgoat.5172

blackgoat.5172

This is a little off your topic But I leveled my Ele with my wife’s Ranger. That was a pretty nice combo with all the fire and water fields from an Ele worked well with the Ranger and her pets.

Káge – 80 Thief / Asháman – 80 Elementalist
Project Mayhem A multigaming, PVx social guild on Dragonbrand
Dragonbrand Community Forums

in Thief

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Is Ranger a good partner for a Thief?

Yes they good partners.

90% of the 1 last remaining guild i belong to are thieves and as a ranger, it’s always wonderful in partnering with them, in smal, medium and large groups.

I have the range advantage, they get the clost-range advantage.
What i enjoy alot about them is their use of tactics; they would set me as a bait into enemies territories to lure them to their quick stealth death kill; It’s quite fun; including other team works..

Also i always enjoy partnering with them in dungeon parties including wvw; i save their lives, they save mines; i sacrifice my life for them; they do in return.

To make a long story short, long-range + clost-to-long range can be in harmony with each other.

Once again, i very much feel good partnering with a thief, always.

As the saying goes, “it is most certainly true; a bad guy and a good guy can be partners in crime”

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

(edited by Burnfall.9573)