Is S/P D/D still the meta?

in Thief

Posted by: ICEing.9237

ICEing.9237

Trying to get back into thief. And the traits are 6/6/0/2/0? And what traits will I be using?

This is for PvE

Oh and what utilities should usually be brought with for dungeons and fractals? And solo situations?

Thanks in advance

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

in Thief

Posted by: twoscoops.6913

twoscoops.6913

6-6-0-0-2 is the dps meta. 5-6-0-3-0 when you need more dodges such as solo situations.

S/P for trash, D/D for bosses, SB always on for prefight might stacking.

Utilities are usually full signet for max dps – agility, assassin, and the one that helps initiative regen. Swap in smoke screen for that last one when projectile defense is needed.

(edited by twoscoops.6913)

in Thief

ICEing.9237

Ah ok and what traits should I be taking?

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

in Thief

Posted by: twoscoops.6913

twoscoops.6913

Most of the names I don’t know by heart so I’ll go by description in those cases.

Line 1:
-Vulnerability on crit
-Plus 5% dagger damage
-Revealed Training, or Improvisation if playing with an ele who drops lots of conjured weapons

Line 2:
-Plus 7% crit chance
-Precision coverted to vitality
-Plus 20% damage under 50% health

Line 5:
-Plus 5% damage

in Thief

ICEing.9237

Ok thank you. One last question. What should be my typical rotation for DD and Sw/P?

With DD should I be auto attacking a lot till less than 50% health then spam Heartseeker? should i be using any utilities in conjunction with DD?

And with Sw/P what is the best way to clear out mobs? Should I always pistol 5 first to blind em and shadowstep in with number 2 sword?

Teknekality

[Dark Renegatus]

in Thief

Posted by: JRoper.6350

JRoper.6350

I think this video pretty much sums up the previous posts. It has all the information you need, including a skill rotation as you requested.

in Thief

Posted by: Peow peow.2189

Peow peow.2189

the meta right now is up for discussion, my thinking is that the true meta is actually p/p condition build. As pp deals devistating ammounts of condition damage it makes sense to use this over a more power style such as p/d

in Thief

Posted by: Cotser.7015

Cotser.7015

No.
For PvE/Dungeons Pure damage is superior to condition damage
Twoscoops has already provided the proper PvE meta

King of the Nightstand dynasty
I like dungeons and Ikea.
aka Cotscene.