Is anyone still using d/d in wvw?

in Thief

Posted by: Terissimo.6852

Terissimo.6852

I tried and i just dont see reason of using it anymore. Its garbage.

in Thief

Posted by: Sete.8012

Sete.8012

Hey man, love your vids.
Thief is being forced to run d/p, IMO anet screwed thief really bad this patch.
D/D got me into playing and enjoying thief again, since it’s the only class I do enjoy at the moment, but now that it’s even worse than before I’m just thinking of quitting.
Dunno what Anet plans to do, but I doubt anything will happen soon.

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

D/D alone kinda sucks, it’s good only if you manage to instagib someone, if not, you are a toast.

But since thief can swap weapons, you can offset D/D shortcomings with secondary set. Go D/D to CnD/steal/stab only for the burst, don’t rely on D/D keeping you alive.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

Well 1v1 is still great if you play aggressively. You can pretty much burst almost anything into oblivion but the current dd has alot less sustain and survivability than it used to have so roamers who bait zergs and zerg tails will have a hard time surviving with all the damage buffs everywhere. I find it alot easier to survive when I tried running condi/dires.

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in Thief

Posted by: Tarkan.5609

Tarkan.5609

i play D/D in wvw because i hate blinding powder. just simply hate it.
that, in combination with liking burst, brought me back to D/D

even though its nerfed i enjoy 10101 and so far i’m doing good

Edit: for me, hitting a C&D just feels cooler, smoother and has a nicer animation than BP->HS, reason why i also play engi and ele as they play smoothly imo

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Thief

Posted by: Mashami.8752

Mashami.8752

I am still using DD and Shortbow in WvW as well and actually think it was buffed, not nerfed. I am using the same trees as Tarkan being DA, SA and Trick. Before the patch hit though I made the decision to teach myself to play DD in WvW without blind on stealth and regen in stealth so I was using the panic strike build of 6/0/2/0/6 but with DD instead of DP because I too, am not a fan of the blackpowder combo for stealth.

The build is great. I run full zerker with traveler’s runes because I’m lazy and just love that perma 25% run boost. Everyone isn’t lying though because it is pretty much an insta gib and GTFO spec or just reset a lot, which isn’t a problem seeing as how we can reset like it’s nothing.

Depending on your choices in the SA tree you can still be just as effective as you were pre patch. I’ve tried out both cloaked in shadows and shadow’s rejuvenation and I like the play style with cloaked in shadows a lot better, but when I was using shadow’s rejuvenation you could easily 1vX which made me feel dirty, super, super dirty. So I prefer cloaked in shadows. : )

in Thief

Terissimo.6852

I am still using DD and Shortbow in WvW as well and actually think it was buffed, not nerfed.

Huh? buffed? Can u explain how? U have to choose between 2 must have traits and u call it buff? d/d is even more trash than before compared to d/p.

in Thief

Tarkan.5609

I am still using DD and Shortbow in WvW as well and actually think it was buffed, not nerfed.

Huh? buffed? Can u explain how? U have to choose between 2 must have traits and u call it buff? d/d is even more trash than before compared to d/p.

Actually the regen you get as a master trait equals to about the same healing as before if you stayed in stealth for the whole C&D stealth duration
like this, you can play more aggressively though and as long as you dont roam with someone who gives you perma regen or your opponent doesnt rip that regen, you are healing for more than before

also you kinda get the fall-damage trait for free now… even though thats a buff so small its barely noticeable

d/p is still better, sure. but d/d is more fun imo

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Thief

Terissimo.6852

Actually the regen you get as a master trait equals to about the same healing as before if you stayed in stealth for the whole C&D stealth duration
like this, you can play more aggressively though and as long as you dont roam with someone who gives you perma regen or your opponent doesnt rip that regen, you are healing for more than before

also you kinda get the fall-damage trait for free now… even though thats a buff so small its barely noticeable

d/p is still better, sure. but d/d is more fun imo

Ya but its only 3s regen and i will not be able to stomp/ress in stealth like before. Also shadow embrace is nerfed. Yes its fun thats why im complaining about it and when i see what other classes got… I just want to sit and cry

(edited by Terissimo.6852)

in Thief

Mashami.8752

Yeah, I can explain this. You say that those traits are ‘must have’ but like I told you before this patch I was playing Panic Strike DD with 6/0/2/0/6 with DD and Shortbow. So my Traits were Mug, Improv, Panic Strike, Shadow’s Embrace, Thrill, Bountiful and Sleight.

After the patch, I am using the same trees with just about the same traits, although after the patch my traits are Mug, Panic Strike, Executioner, Shadow’s Embrace, Leeching Venoms, Cloaked in Shadows, Thrill, Bountiful and Sleight. So they buffed my DD spec by allowing me to have Executioner and Leeching Venoms and my choice of Cloaked in Shadows or Shadow’s Rejuv, which I picked Cloaked in Shadow’s because Shadow’s Rejuvenation feels way too OP to play.

Trust me, you can still use DD just fine especially if you pair it with a good offset weapon like shortbow where you can kite or just play from a safe distance after your burst in DD. DP is better, sure, but I like the aggressive playstyle and burst potential of DD way better than DP and I can tell you since this patch my survivability has been improved and my damage has been improved and I can still roam or zerg dive and pick off low health or squishies in zerg fights just fine, you just have to play more cautiously than before, which is something I learned before this patch. You learn a lot when you don’t rely on stealth to carry you to victory.

in Thief

Terissimo.6852

Yeah, I can explain this. You say that those traits are ‘must have’ but like I told you before this patch I was playing Panic Strike DD with 6/0/2/0/6 with DD and Shortbow. So my Traits were Mug, Improv, Panic Strike, Shadow’s Embrace, Thrill, Bountiful and Sleight.

After the patch, I am using the same trees with just about the same traits, although after the patch my traits are Mug, Panic Strike, Executioner, Shadow’s Embrace, Leeching Venoms, Cloaked in Shadows, Thrill, Bountiful and Sleight. So they buffed my DD spec by allowing me to have Executioner and Leeching Venoms and my choice of Cloaked in Shadows or Shadow’s Rejuv, which I picked Cloaked in Shadow’s because Shadow’s Rejuvenation feels way too OP to play.

Trust me, you can still use DD just fine especially if you pair it with a good offset weapon like shortbow where you can kite or just play from a safe distance after your burst in DD. DP is better, sure, but I like the aggressive playstyle and burst potential of DD way better than DP and I can tell you since this patch my survivability has been improved and my damage has been improved and I can still roam or zerg dive and pick off low health or squishies in zerg fights just fine, you just have to play more cautiously than before, which is something I learned before this patch. You learn a lot when you don’t rely on stealth to carry you to victory.

I know i can play it and still kill ppl. I can also run without off hand weapon and just spam condis with perplex runes but thats not the point. Problem is, dp is just WAY BETTER and much more rewarding. I was using 20606 d/d and after patch this build is weaker than before. I want to survive outnumbered but without shadow rejuvation and blind on stealth its even harder than before. Everyone is running dp which also counters dd so its even more harder now. One more annoying thing is nerf to withdraw. If i dont trait for it its on 18s cd and this is my only way to remove immobilize chill and cripple. D/D is kittenin easy to counter idk on which tier u are but here in T2 if u want to win outnumbered 3+ vs 1 as d/d thief u need to fight against kittens or uplevels. Maybe i will try one more time with some mango pie or something idk. Feel free to share ur vid or build. Inspire me :P

in Thief

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

snip

Try shadow protector and cloaked in shadow. Not as strong as Shadow Rejuvenation, but it works.

in Thief

Mashami.8752

I don’t really have the hardware to make videos and I agree with you that DP is far better than DD, but I just wanted to let you know that there are people out there still playing the game how they want, not how the game tells them to play, and yes, if you want to continue your solo god mode roaming then maybe try and learn DP, but if you want to just burst people down and run the kitten away.. DD burst is fun. : ) DD for life, my friend!

in Thief

Terissimo.6852

I don’t really have the hardware to make videos and I agree with you that DP is far better than DD, but I just wanted to let you know that there are people out there still playing the game how they want, not how the game tells them to play, and yes, if you want to continue your solo god mode roaming then maybe try and learn DP, but if you want to just burst people down and run the kitten away.. DD burst is fun. : ) DD for life, my friend!

Ya but problem is, there is nothing to learn in dp. Easy to play, boring to play and boring to watch. There is no fun playing it for me especially with SA. WvW atm looks like “one shot or be oneshotted” sadly. I will still try with dd and i hope i will not rage too much ;P

in Thief

Posted by: HunterMcGregor.6843

HunterMcGregor.6843

Yeah, triple stepping to someone, Crit’ing 7k with a CnD then a 11k Backstab is not fun… JUZ KEEDZZ

Critcal Strikes, Deadly Arts and Trickery. Mmmmmmmmmm. Can’t get enough of 2 hitting people.

Well personally, I only find this game fun when there is a risk involved. No defensive traits at all.

No combination of weapons is “garbage”, just personal preference I guess.

in Thief

Jana.6831

Personally I like fights in which I have to think. That are the ones I remember.

in Thief

Tarkan.5609

my Build

I wouldn’t reccommend Mango Pie as Omnomberry Pie is just way better – more healing unless youre running away, more dmg and the precision is nice

You could change the Trickery major trait (just slipped the name…) to Trickster or some stats to valkyrie instead of berserker, but i dont feel like using 5 ectos per ascended weapon/armor piece to switch it so…

love perma fury due to pack and trickery though, as well as pretty much perma swiftnes in a fight (if you really need it, just switch Infiltrator’s Signet to Shadow Signet if ooc to get around the map, infight you’ll have perma swiftness anyway)

PvP, Teef & Engi

in Thief

Terissimo.6852

my Build

I wouldn’t reccommend Mango Pie as Omnomberry Pie is just way better – more healing unless youre running away, more dmg and the precision is nice

You could change the Trickery major trait (just slipped the name…) to Trickster or some stats to valkyrie instead of berserker, but i dont feel like using 5 ectos per ascended weapon/armor piece to switch it so…

love perma fury due to pack and trickery though, as well as pretty much perma swiftnes in a fight (if you really need it, just switch Infiltrator’s Signet to Shadow Signet if ooc to get around the map, infight you’ll have perma swiftness anyway)

Thats exactly what im using ._. just bit different armor stats and trinkets

in Thief

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

Yeah, triple stepping to someone, Crit’ing 7k with a CnD then a 11k Backstab is not fun… JUZ KEEDZZ

Critcal Strikes, Deadly Arts and Trickery. Mmmmmmmmmm. Can’t get enough of 2 hitting people.

Well personally, I only find this game fun when there is a risk involved. No defensive traits at all.

I’m sorry but I can’t believe that you do a 11k backstab, I’m not trying to be rude, but I’ve been testing out so many different things with the thief post patch and simply math wise the backstab can’t go past about 9,7k
so if I’m missing something please enlighten me

in Thief

Posted by: Mittens.8914

Mittens.8914

I’m sorry but I can’t believe that you do a 11k backstab, I’m not trying to be rude, but I’ve been testing out so many different things with the thief post patch and simply math wise the backstab can’t go past about 9,7k

i have been hit with a 12.5k backstab testing stuff and roaming i got hit with an 11k backstab so it is possible you just get lucky with how hard you hit and there build

in Thief

Posted by: Gallant Pigeon.5807

Gallant Pigeon.5807

Going full glass D/D is not only fun, but actually kinda viable now.

in Thief

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

My D/D builds still amazing and does a lot more dmg. Just need Shadow Embrace reverted and I’ll be happy. ;s

Also Potent Poison is UP after pre-release nerf. ;< Executioner too good in comparison. Pretty much only issues I have with it currently. Not sure how it would suck.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

(edited by Doggie.3184)

in Thief

Posted by: Theter.5219

Theter.5219

Going full glass D/D is not only fun, but actually kinda viable now.

This one tho

Attachments:

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Still doing 17k on heavies in WvW. I have no idea where you’re deriving your figures from, but that’s definitely not accurate. I’m able to reach 12-13k in sPvP, even, on medium armor targets.

in Thief

Jana.6831

Still doing 17k on heavies in WvW. I have no idea where you’re deriving your figures from, but that’s definitely not accurate. I’m able to reach 12-13k in sPvP, even, on medium armor targets.

With buffs from his allies and if the target isn’t wearing armor- just to set things straight.

in Thief

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

If you go DA/CS/Trix, backstabs are pretty insane10k -15k+ on average and no, I am not talking about stabbing upscaled naked ele running around wvw. With buffs from allies it’s even more, I hit tower lord for 24k lol. The dmg is there, just spec for it.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

in Thief

Jana.6831

If you go DA/CS/Trix, backstabs are pretty insane10k -15k+ on average and no, I am not talking about stabbing upscaled naked ele running around wvw. With buffs from allies it’s even more, I hit tower lord for 24k lol. The dmg is there, just spec for it.

Do you do 17k damage on heavies in wvw ?
With one hit that is.
(I’m playing this game too =))

in Thief

Posted by: godmoney.6025

godmoney.6025

With one hit that is.

Why the disbelief? I have personally backstabbed heavy armor zerkers for over 15k. I’m sure with seaweed salad, more signet might stacks, etc. that I could go even higher.

La Fantoma – Aurora Glade

(edited by godmoney.6025)

in Thief

Jana.6831

With one hit that is.

Why the disbelief? I have personally backstabbed heavy armor zerkers for over 15k. I’m sure with seaweed salad, more signet might stacks, etc. that I could go even higher.

The disbelief is because I know Deceiver.
And my highest backstab on a guard was 10k so far – I don’t think 17 would’ve been possible without any help from someone else.

guard = guardian

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

With one hit that is.

And my highest backstab on a guard was 10k so far – I don’t think 17 would’ve been possible without any help from someone else.

guard = guardian

I’ve reached 16k in spvp. With food buffs 17k seems more than possible.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

Jana.6831

With one hit that is.

guard = guardian

Alone or while being buffed by your allies?
You guys realize what you’re doing with this, right?

in Thief

Posted by: godmoney.6025

godmoney.6025

I didn’t say this in my post, but you do realize that the number I quoted was when doing a backstab that was under influence of the +20% damage Executioner trait. I can’t speak for the other d/d users here though.

La Fantoma – Aurora Glade

(edited by godmoney.6025)

in Thief

Jana.6831

I didn’t say this in my post, but you do realize that the number I quoted was when doing a backstab that was under influence of the +20% damage Executioner trait. I can’t speak for the other d/d users here though.

None of you really said what the circumstances of your hit were, so I could claim anything myself and make thief seem op wheras I had this buff and that buff and another buff from an ally which I can’t generate myself.

I was running CS, DA, trickery myself. Yes, also with executioner – in fact i’m still running that build in pve.

in Thief

Posted by: Benevolence.8019

Benevolence.8019

I used to be D/D thru and thru.

Dropped it after 2 weeks of pain post-patch.

Can it be done? Sure. U can do anything. Can it be done effectively? Sure, if you massively outskill your opponent. Is it optimal against equally skilled opponents or fighting outnumbered? HELL NO. For me DD is dead. The burst is gimmicky, and not all that unique anymore. Most classes can drop similar burst.

What i use now is sword dagger. Sword has absolutely obsene dps. the autos crit for 4k 4k 6k in the chain on a squishy (thats conservative, its usually higher). and because i run a quickness build this happens in less than a second.

Heres the build:

Deadly arts (mug, panic strike, executioner), Crit strikes(side strike, practiced tolerance, no quarter) , Trickery(flanking strikes, trickster, sleight of hand).

Withdraw for heal. Haste, roll for initiative, Shadowstep for utils. Basi for elite.

Sword/dagger with fire/air. Shortbow with bloodlust/strength.

Assasins armor. zerk trinkets. Rune of the pack. Buffs: truffle steal and sharpening stone

My base crit is around 63% with food buff. + side strike + the passive 5% when im above 90% (which im actually above fairly often) + fury means 95% crit. With fury i also get 250 ferocity exttra kicking my to just over 240% dmg on crits. When i have full stacks going i get just under 3k power. Basically the damage is insane. The fury is permanent.

The way u play this is shortbow spam in a group fight. u just auto and #2 on occasion. Throw in # 3 if ur geting pushed to evade back. Your shortbow will WRECK people. It bounces and hots 3 times total. For 2-3k every time. Thats 6-9k dmg on an auto. At the start of the fight you’ll likely proc haste. this will melt people. Transition to swapping sword/dagger to go for a kill on an out of position target. use cloak and dagger + steal. Hit from stealth for the blind or if behind daze from your sword and go to town with haste. U can drop 15-20k dmg in 1-1.5s with haste + sword autos. its legit insane dps. nothing short of a necro/war/guard will survive, even from full hp. zerg warriors get wrecked too. people REALLY don’t expect the dmg output from sword + haste

use your utilities for condi clears and escapes. both withraw and roll for initiative clear immobilize, chill, cripple AND 1 condi on top from your trait. Haste clears a condi too cuz its a trick.

I find this build stronger than the standard Shadow refuge + infiltrators signet + shadowstep. I think shadow refuge is useless nowadays.t heres too much dmg out there. having to sit in that is a deathtrap. it WONT let you res people anymore, it will just get you killed. you’re better off with a haste for more burst + condi clear. Infiltraors signet is nice, but i feel roll for initiative is better. U can use sword 2 to get on someone, and the RFI will drop a condi too, as wel as return 6 ini. between withdraw, sword 2 and RFI u can jump in and out repeatedly and very fast. You are treally hard to track and lock down. Oh and RFI is a stun break too. Shadow step is still king for mobility and stun break and more condi clear if u need it.

try it. The condi clear is good, the dmg is insane, the survivability is slightly better than dd. Oh and its a hell of a lot more fun than d/p. Though 1v1 dp will still wreck you from the blinds. But i feel ur much more of a threat to others than dp is.

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

With one hit that is.

guard = guardian

Neither. You’ve clearly never played signets before and you keep claiming that such damage numbers are not realistic when many people do this with relative ease.

You seriously do not know me aside from the fact I’ve made claims about being one of the hardest hitting thieves in GW2. You’ve never fought me. You’re making baseless claims about damage because you personally have not optimized your build for it on the sheer basis that your Shadow Arts build is hitting for substantially less damage than a pure damage signet stab such as mine.

Again, you’re playing CS/SA/Trickery with meta/defensive utilities and are missing 30% damage from Deadly Arts alone, and 16-21 stacks of might without signets, and 15% from Assassin’s Signet compounded on the rest.

Just the power bonuses alone from signets turn an 8k stab into about 10k, add the modifiers and you’re looking at 14.5k.

That’s under the assumption you’ve got somewhere along 2.3-2.6k power baseline, and aren’t further modifying your damage via Valkyrie’s superior backstab scaling in WvW to Berserker’s.

in Thief

Jana.6831

Neither. You’ve clearly never played signets before and you keep claiming that such damage numbers are not realistic when many people do this with relative ease.

You seriously do not know me aside from the fact I’ve made claims about being one of the hardest hitting thieves in GW2. You’ve never fought me. You’re making baseless claims about damage because you personally have not optimized your build for it on the sheer basis that your Shadow Arts build is hitting for substantially less damage than a pure damage signet stab such as mine.

Again, you’re playing CS/SA/Trickery with meta/defensive utilities and are missing 30% damage from Deadly Arts alone, and 16-21 stacks of might without signets, and 15% from Assassin’s Signet compounded on the rest.

Just the power bonuses alone from signets turn an 8k stab into about 10k, add the modifiers and you’re looking at 14.5k.

That’s under the assumption you’ve got somewhere along 2.3-2.6k power baseline, and aren’t further modifying your damage via Valkyrie’s superior backstab scaling in WvW to Berserker’s.

You yourself said that the screenshot you linked to prove that thieves were able to do more than 20k backstabs before the patch was only possible because someone buffed you – and then I wonder why link it with the claim that this was a thief’s doing? It basically is but it leads to rubbish class updates like we have now. So we can now all play like deceiver and the other oneshot spawn campers. Yay!
(And btw 14,5k is something different than the 17k you first claimed)

Well if you want me to know you – then act differently and make some videos in which people can see how you get the numbers – not just screenshots where half of it is left out.

So, I really hope all of you are getting my point.

Edit: Oh btw: Isn’t a valk backstab the same like a zerker’s backstab? If not, please enlighten me.

in Thief

Posted by: Maugetarr.6823

Maugetarr.6823

With one hit that is.

guard = guardian

Alone. It’s a super glassy build though. When I get home I can give you the screen shot of the build against the practice golems for reference. Against the light golem it’s ~15k.

Blank Players [BDL]-Anvil Rock
Maugen Rawr- Thief/Ele
Rebalance Ideas for Thief

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

You yourself said that the screenshot you linked to prove that thieves were able to do more than 20k backstabs before the patch was only possible because someone buffed you – and then I wonder why link it with the claim that this was a thief’s doing? It basically is but it leads to rubbish class updates like we have now. So we can now all play like deceiver and the other oneshot spawn campers. Yay!
(And btw 14,5k is something different than the 17k you first claimed)

Well if you want me to know you – then act differently and make some videos in which people can see how you get the numbers – not just screenshots where half of it is left out.

So, I really hope all of you are getting my point.

Edit: Oh btw: Isn’t a valk backstab the same like a zerker’s backstab? If not, please enlighten me.

Yes, the over-20k mark against a non-uplevel guardian as my highest recorded, non-uplevel stab was reached because I gained 9 more stacks of might from a nearby allied guard and was thus capped out at 25. I mentioned in the same discussion that my normal stab damage is still 15-20k+ against glassier lighter-armor targets and that damage has not changed – if not decreased – since the patch on 6/23 due to increased baseline toughness. You were making claims that high damage stabs were impossible/the root cause of the changes on 6/23 and that counter-playing said high damage is too difficult, and I demonstrated that your assertions were incorrect and that players with signet stab builds have gotten accustomed to surviving in said encounters while not depending on gimmicky trait-based defenses and have been shelling out high numbers since the game’s release.

You even admitted later in the thread you could have achieved said numbers as “in theory it would’ve been possible,” and that you’ve never built your thief to play burst damage.

See here:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Two-Shotted-in-WvW-since-Jun-23-patch/first#post5220586

So are you going to continue claiming you are all-knowing about damage output potential when you’re both inexperienced in this topic and make claims that what you’re arguing against was in fact/still is very reasonable to achieve?

Depending on the foods used, one can achieve better power figures, and thus more reliable damage against higher-armor targets via the conversion from valkyrie armor than berserker. While the upper bound is technically superior against extremely low-armor targets due to PT’s conversion, the gains are often fairly small once approaching the heavy armor tier of defenses, as modifiers become strictly less relevant as this escalates. Additionally, equivalent numbers can be achieved through Furious Maintenance Oils, which also leaves the thief with substantially more health.

(edited by DeceiverX.8361)

in Thief

Jana.6831

@ Deceiver:
So, before you quoted me in that thread I already said that I wasn’t a one shot thief (who did around 9-10k BS before the patch) but you are now claiming that I spoke to you first and later claimed something differently? Or what is it?
I have no idea how you got that number and you don’t show how you got them, so yeah you have a screenshot with high numbers – good job, but that doesn’t say a thing.
I actually think it’s kind of funny to be called a “noob” by someone who doesn’t know valk and zerker stats

(And Maugetarr, a BS against a light golem in pvp is something differently than a BS against a guard/warr in wvw and that was what we were talking about)

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

@ Deceiver:
So, before you quoted me in that thread I already said that I wasn’t a one shot thief (who did around 9-10k BS before the patch) but you are now claiming that I spoke to you first and later claimed something differently? Or what is it?
I have no idea how you got that number and you don’t show how you got them, so yeah you have a screenshot with high numbers – good job, but that doesn’t say a thing.
I actually think it’s kind of funny to be called a “noob” by someone who doesn’t know valk and zerker stats

(And Maugetarr, a BS against a light golem in pvp is something differently than a BS against a guard/warr in wvw and that was what we were talking about)

I think you’re confusing my point. You aren’t one and weren’t one, so you have no authority to make claims that sch high numbers aren’t possible. That’s why I quoted you. If you were built this way before the patch, and built this way now and were making these claims, your posts in the previous thread, and the ones here, would possibly have more merit.

I can’t go back in time and record the encouter, sorry.

Uh, what? I’m making mentionings that valkyrie offers superior damage throughput except in the cases against say, uplevels, and this is only the case due to PT’s ratio being 10%, and being changed to ferocity based on precision. If it was 7%, and/or being made to go prec -> vitality, there would be no mathematical equivalent for reaching peak burst damage with Furious Oils because they would out-scale PT in ferocity, so the argument for power wouldn’t even be necessary.

in Thief

Posted by: MidoriMarch.8067

MidoriMarch.8067

@ Deceiver:

You obv havent played thief for long.
thief can hit over 15k on heavy armors if u go full signet burst glass cannon
there is a youtube video that thief 1 shot warrior which show up as 13k backstab and that number is not even with full might stacks , bloodlust stacks or wvw fortitudes. Just
because u cant reach those numbers doesnt mean others cant.

(edited by MidoriMarch.8067)

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

Here’s 11.5 on the heavy in spvp with substantially lower power/crit damage than WvW

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad295/NooFaiL/Random%20Stuff/gw109_zpsdpy7bqlj.jpg

Stat Comparison. WvW is down atm so add another 350 to 500 (+30, forgot ToC) power.

sPvP:
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad295/NooFaiL/Random%20Stuff/gw112_zpsna9cvfbk.jpg

WvW:
http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad295/NooFaiL/Random%20Stuff/gw111_zpszglvgbns.jpg

I did my best to emulate the valkyrie benefits by using a berserker amulet in sPvP to maximize the damage output via PT. So you’re comparing about 650 less power and 16% less of a critical damage modifier.

What’s more is that my full zerk warrior, has even less toughness than said golem by around 9%, seen below.

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad295/NooFaiL/Random%20Stuff/gw113_zpsv77rt1zo.jpg

I’d say that’s a pretty massive difference.

So, care to tell me how I’m not hitting these numbers on heavies in WvW?

in Thief

HunterMcGregor.6843

Well, this really only applies to light armour classes that run full Valk armour in WvW. If they don’t see me coming, yeah, I can hit 6-7k on a CnD and backstab them with whatever health they have left. Elementalists are my favourite. mmmmm

in Thief

HunterMcGregor.6843

Just copy that build and you will be 2-shotting lights and mediums with ease.

Here is the build I use in WvW.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVlsMhunYpTwyJw/EHwE1OQXuUwHGnRboTgAIDA-TFSDwAHeAAP3fU+l4EAKBfp+DI9BAMBN4IAI5QAQKA9UGB-w

Power should be roughly : 3,050 after the guard stacks and Bloodlust sigil maxed.

Plus with the new trait “Flanking Strikes”, you will most defiantly stomp them within seconds.

in Thief

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

I haven’t been getting my d/d build to work anymore. Just doesn’t seem to do anything useful.

Mind you there’s still some room for tweaking. But unless you’re going insta-gib it doesn’t seem like a good option.

For reference, I’ve been trying to get something like this to work: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVlsMhqnYpTw7Jw+EHDF1eLLtBgHALQD0XhRYMB-TlSBwAPeQAmVCiV53s9HQpvRyBQYxRIQzhAIn6PAOhAECQ3YA-w

Here’s some of the reasons it’s bad:

1. Specializing in deceptions removes the most reliable source of condition clearing and gives me the useless garbage that it smokescreen on downed (why the hell is this still in the game?).

2. I have to spec into blind on stealth or heal while stealthed, not both, whereas d/p builds don’t need the blind on stealth trait since black powder will blind for them, giving them better options.

3. Mobility even with the traits in acrobatics is poor, and the movement speed in stealth costs more condition clearing and vigor.

4. Difficult to lock someone down to hit them a bunch of times.

5. Longer steal cooldown means less setups for CnD combos and stealth in general.

Obviously there’s still many ways to tweak the build, like ditching smokescreen which I was trying to use for extra stealth, blind, and projectile defence, or using basilisk venom for better bursting, or ditching acrobatics for something like trickery. But the point was to be some sort of deception specialist. Maybe this sort of build would work better with d/p, but then again it seems pretty much every build you can do with d/d works better with d/p.

I’ll keep trying it out though, maybe I’ll find some combination of traits that will at least make it acceptable enough to kill zergs of keyboard turners with no effort.

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

I’ll keep trying it out though, maybe I’ll find some combination of traits that will at least make it acceptable enough to kill zergs of keyboard turners with no effort.

Wrong class. And definitely not D/D.

in Thief

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Hm… maybe p/p?

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I haven’t been getting my d/d build to work anymore. Just doesn’t seem to do anything useful.

Mind you there’s still some room for tweaking. But unless you’re going insta-gib it doesn’t seem like a good option.

For reference, I’ve been trying to get something like this to work: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVlsMhqnYpTw7Jw+EHDF1eLLtBgHALQD0XhRYMB-TlSBwAPeQAmVCiV53s9HQpvRyBQYxRIQzhAIn6PAOhAECQ3YA-w

Here’s some of the reasons it’s bad:

1. Specializing in deceptions removes the most reliable source of condition clearing and gives me the useless garbage that it smokescreen on downed (why the hell is this still in the game?).

2. I have to spec into blind on stealth or heal while stealthed, not both, whereas d/p builds don’t need the blind on stealth trait since black powder will blind for them, giving them better options.

3. Mobility even with the traits in acrobatics is poor, and the movement speed in stealth costs more condition clearing and vigor.

4. Difficult to lock someone down to hit them a bunch of times.

5. Longer steal cooldown means less setups for CnD combos and stealth in general.

Obviously there’s still many ways to tweak the build, like ditching smokescreen which I was trying to use for extra stealth, blind, and projectile defence, or using basilisk venom for better bursting, or ditching acrobatics for something like trickery. But the point was to be some sort of deception specialist. Maybe this sort of build would work better with d/p, but then again it seems pretty much every build you can do with d/d works better with d/p.

why not try this you can tweak the armor layout a bit.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVlsMhqnYpTw7Jw+EHDF1eLLtBgHALQD0XhRYMB-T1SBwAPeQAmVCiV53Q1DQpvRyBQYxRI44+DaOEA5UxBwJEgQA6GDA-w
You have all but the same stats everywhere with small variations but help address your landspeed and mobility issues.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

DeceiverX.8361

Hm… maybe p/p?

D/P and P/D are the lowest-skill and highest-reward weapons on the thief.

in Thief

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

Just copy that build and you will be 2-shotting lights and mediums with ease.

Here is the build I use in WvW.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAoYVlsMhunYpTwyJw/EHwE1OQXuUwHGnRboTgAIDA-TFSDwAHeAAP3fU+l4EAKBfp+DI9BAMBN4IAI5QAQKA9UGB-w

Power should be roughly : 3,050 after the guard stacks and Bloodlust sigil maxed.

Plus with the new trait “Flanking Strikes”, you will most defiantly stomp them within seconds.

sure, if you want to kill one enemy and run away, or miss your burst and instadie,
that build just screems one hit me please

zerk thief is not viable anymore, i have 2,85k power, 21,5k health and 250% crit damage, if a thief like you backstabs me, i turn around CnD backstab kill
easy, when will ppl learn full zerk thief is not worth it anymore