Is d/d thief good in pve, and why?

in Thief

Posted by: Syrpharon.7491

Syrpharon.7491

I want to make a thief and play it d/d shortbow, but I wanna know if it’s convenient dps-wise for pve. I won’t do raids with him, just fractals and usual boos and meta pve content

in Thief

Posted by: Xca.9721

Xca.9721

d/d is fine for pve since you can easily stealth up with d5 and get the backstab bonus damage. I personally play staff (good damage and for the lulz)

in Thief

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

D/D is great for PvE it gives you quiet a few options to use the more prominent ones are Power builds or you can go Condi

in Thief

Posted by: Kirochique.9186

Kirochique.9186

I go D/D condi, If you have sigil of stanima with a perm dodge build you can melt anything in the game solo

Jhadir the Charr Thief (ET) EradonTerrace
All the dodge!

in Thief

Posted by: JonnyForgotten.4276

JonnyForgotten.4276

in Thief

Posted by: Topher.5631

Topher.5631

One time I ran No weapons and relied on the utilities and timed dodges to stay alive. It went great in PvE. If the mobs started to kill me I just ran away and didn’t fight them because there wasn’t really a point, they would just come back later. And if it was a quest I needed I decided that there wasn’t really a point getting all wound up because it was a bunch of ones and zeroes anyways. #FirstWorldPvEProblems

If you can’t beat it, it is, needless to say, OP
Looking for a team? Start here! https://www.reddit.com/r/GuildWars2PvPTeams/

in Thief

Posted by: DeadSurvivor.6157

DeadSurvivor.6157

I’ve been running my D/D Thief and he does fine in open areas.

A few issues arise when you are in a confined space or when you are taking on bossses (I die alot of bosses) but that’s seems to be the mold for “rogue” type builds.

Guild Wars 2 News & Links
Guilds: [AoL]
( Swindle Rogue )