Is distracting daggers lacking?

in Thief

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

I get making a spam interrupt build with on interrupt sigils, but isn’t it just plain better to not over commit to that idea and just use headshot/steal for that and save the utility slot for a stun break/ black powder/ SoA?

Its not going to be used in pve unless I don’t know about a weird need for increasing a cooldown on something.

For pvp and wvw it just seems kinda not great. Am I wrong here? Can it work with s/d, s/p, or staff? I have no idea. You guys know of anything?

Pancakes
Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Distracting Daggers is near useless. No matter how I try to push it into a build it simply is a 3rd tier skill. Take Bandit’s Defense… Stun break, Block and knockdown all on a quick cooldown. Shadow Step, does anyone run without this? SoA… one of the strongest skills going in the current condi meta.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Posted by: TehHobNob.4687

TehHobNob.4687

Distracting Daggers is near useless. No matter how I try to push it into a build it simply is a 3rd tier skill. Take Bandit’s Defense… Stun break, Block and knockdown all on a quick cooldown. Shadow Step, does anyone run without this? SoA… one of the strongest skills going in the current condi meta.

Its seriously at that level. I’ve just been staring at the build editor trying to think of something lol.

Pancakes
Thief

in Thief

Posted by: Kolly.9872

Kolly.9872

The thief class is full of low tier skills/traits. That’s why we have the worst build diversity when it comes to pvp/pve. There are few traits and skills that are too good and a must choice, others that are simply trash or outdated. I think the meta thief build is quite balanced now, problem is we cannot realy choose between 2 different builds.

Thief might not be as strong as last year
but they’re a lot stronger
than they will be next year!

in Thief

Posted by: babazhook.6805

babazhook.6805

I did use it for a while in a condition p/d build where I used interrupts coupled with pressure strike but there better options. If pressure strike had a bigger reward it might be worth using there.

In a power build most have pistol off hand with access to the headshot for those interrupts, which is a lot more reliable. The daggers themselves are too easily avoided and there just too many better choices for those precious three slots we have there.

Traps are now in somewhat the same position in a condition build with recent changes . You just can not use stuff that has a high rate of failure to do anything half he time . Things like SOA and shadowstep and bandits defense are selected not so much that they are OP relative to the rest, but that they are RELIABLE when one has to use them.

All the blocks , stability and projectile hate make DD unreliable. If I can only use a skill once every 20 some odd seconds I can not afford it to fail to do anything.

(edited by babazhook.6805)

in Thief

Posted by: Taobella.6597

Taobella.6597

if it had bounce on it would be awesome an worth casting but it in current state it just not good enough. CD is to high

in Thief

Posted by: yiksing.9432

yiksing.9432

Distracting dagger is working as intended. Every time I have this utility on the bar, I’m always finding ways to maximise it’s use and thus distracting me from actually fighting better.

in Thief

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

Actually its a pretty hilarious non-MM necro killer build with pul impact. headshots, distracting daggers, headshot again. hilarious at silver/bronze

in Thief

Posted by: Straegen.2938

Straegen.2938

Actually its a pretty hilarious non-MM necro killer build with pul impact. headshots, distracting daggers, headshot again. hilarious at silver/bronze

I think the point is if you can land 4 ints with Head Shot, you don’t need three more. Besides a player can take Bandit’s Defense and get one of those interrupts with a 2s knockdown along with a stun break and a block mechanic.

Basically either Headshot gets the job done or a player is fighting a build where Interrupts are difficult to land (evasion builds, perma-stab, high stealth). Adding more interrupts as opposed to more utility is almost suicidal.

Sarcasm For Hire [SFH]
“Youre lips are movin and youre complaining about something thats wingeing.”

in Thief

Posted by: Ramoth.9064

Ramoth.9064

I think the point is if you can land 4 ints with Head Shot, you don’t need three more. Besides a player can take Bandit’s Defense and get one of those interrupts with a 2s knockdown along with a stun break and a block mechanic.

Basically either Headshot gets the job done or a player is fighting a build where Interrupts are difficult to land (evasion builds, perma-stab, high stealth). Adding more interrupts as opposed to more utility is almost suicidal.

Hilarious builds are supposed to be just that, hilarious, nothing more. Though if we are beig serious its probably for D/D builds.

in Thief

Posted by: godofcows.2451

godofcows.2451

It’s not lacking anything. Imo it’s good, and could have been one of those things that would give a thief that decision making if he should take it or go for a more defensive utility, therefore pushing build variety a little bit specially when you’ve got interrupt traits and sigils. It does it’s job…until you compare it to headshot, which alot of you above did. If I write more, I would probably go in a direction most of you don’t and won’t like so I won’t. If it matters, just try to use your imagination on what i’m trying to convey, if it doesn’t, just ignore.

in Thief

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

It’s sort of like mantra but not at the same time. And yes, you’re better off simply spamming headshot.

Gandara

in Thief

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Hilarious builds are supposed to be just that, hilarious, nothing more. Though if we are beig serious its probably for D/D builds.

Even then D/D is better off running EA since it has Death Blossom for cleanses. And D/D itself is just kind of terrible, anyways.

The skill could probably have merit but compared to Headshot and the other amazing utils accessible to the thief (Shadowstep/SoA/BD/IS/BP) it’s really not worthwhile to bother using even outside of the meta.

in Thief

Posted by: roamzero.9486

roamzero.9486

Distracting Daggers used to be good with the old perplex runes, pi, and the torment interrupt trait in hybrid builds. Once the runes got nerfed, out the window that build went.